• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I would get Sonic racing if I didn't have serious issues with Sonic driving a car instead of running. I can't feel the sunshine like that.

I loved and played many hours of the Dreamcast version and have little issue with the Steam version. It's true that it doesn't age well but I think it's a pretty solid bare bones port. I wish Sega made an HD version of this instead of Sonic 4.

Eh... maybe I'll use my 10$ coupon and get it for 4 dollars. I kind of have been wanting to replay it, but I don't feel like digging out the GCN memory card. But according to the Steam Forums, it seems the config file doesn't really work... which is kind of bad.

I kind of wish they'd rush a port of SA2:B out and put the Heroes PC port on Steam so the PC could, in a bizarre turn of events, become the ultimate platform for Sonic fans.
And putting the PC Port of Heroes on Steam is essentially free money. I'd much rather play those two games than SADX.

amdnv

I need to put about $80 in my Paypal account, but the only way to do this is via bank transfer, and that takes too long.
Now I'm kind of hoping that some nice folks with Paypal will let me gift them games. I'm in the EU, so here I've compiled a small list of games that are cheaper over here. But I will gift anything, even if it costs me more in Euros than it would cost you in dollars.

Thanks for helping, I will be back in about an hour to check PMs.

Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II
$12.50 (regular = $19.99)

Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
$25.50 (regular = $29.99)

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Complete Pack
$51.50 (regular = $59.99)

Crysis Warhead®

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising

Drakensang

Metro 2033

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

Frontlines™: Fuel of War™

Mirror's Edge™

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition

James Bond: Blood Stone
$25.50 (regular = $39.99)

Call of Juarez®: The Cartel

$38.50 (regular = $49.99)

The Last Remnant™
$38.50 (regular = $49.99)

Homefront
$25.50 (regular = $29.99)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Plus, it adds another "game" to your Steam Community game count, which is by far the most important consideration. ;)

catabarez

I loved and played many hours of the Dreamcast version and have little issue with the Steam version. It's true that it doesn't age well but I think it's a pretty solid bare bones port. I wish Sega made an HD version of this instead of Sonic 4.

It is possible to mod it. The people on the Steam forums have a thread on it under Dreamcast Collection. I'm about to test it all out right now.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Its my Birthday today! So I'm giving out a free copy of one of my favorite games of last year - Bastion!

Want to win this awesome game? Just make me your best/worst/funniest birthday card/picture in MS Paint. Whichever one I enjoy the most will be the winner of Bastion.

I'll probably end this in about 6-8 hours, and good luck (Got permission from Stump on this one)

Nabs

I think I've been making the right choices so far. I have a bunch of upgrade points left over, and nothing has been too hard yet. I just got to the
large ass boss ~ 3 hours in

Its my Birthday today! So I'm giving out a free copy of one of my favorite games of last year - Bastion!

Want to win this awesome game? Just make me your best/worst/funniest birthday card/picture in MS Paint. Whichever one I enjoy the most will be the winner of Bastion.

I'll probably end this in about 6-8 hours, and good luck (Got permission from Stump on this one)

Edit: Guess no one is really interested in this :( I'll give it another half hour or so, but if no one responds I'll probably just gift it to someone random on my friends list I guess :/

time my man.....im trying to think up something good and im sure other people are as well!!

Happy Bday for now though!!!!

sucks having a January bday (to me at least)....mine is next week as well......all my friends had pool parties growing up and what could i do.....ice skating party??? :(

time my man.....im trying to think up something good and im sure other people are as well!!

Happy Bday for now though!!!!

sucks having a January bday (to me at least)....mine is next week as well......all my friends had pool parties growing up and what could i do.....ice skating party??? :(

Mine was on January 4th, so HappyBD to everyone! :D

Silex

Edit: Guess no one is really interested in this :( I'll give it another half hour or so, but if no one responds I'll probably just gift it to someone random on my friends list I guess :/

KFtNj.png

Yea, it's freakin' horrible. I gotta study instead of doing this. :(
But happy birthday mate! You probably deserve more then this :D

Already have the game but happy birthday. Mine was yesterday. :-D

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Already have the game but happy birthday. Mine was yesterday. :-D

We actually celebrated mine yesterday because everyone has stuff going on today. Got myself a nice iPhone 4S (with parents and brother pitching in a bit as their bday presents to me haha), so I'm doing pretty good. Hope you had a great one :eek:

And since people are responding I'll keep it up :D

We actually celebrated mine yesterday because everyone has stuff going on today. Got myself a nice iPhone 4S (with parents and brother pitching in a bit as their bday presents to me haha), so I'm doing pretty good. Hope you had a great one :eek:

And since people are responding I'll keep it up :D

Awesome. If you're into gaming on it you can join us in the iOS thread.

Am I remembering right that Sonic Generations is capped at 30fps and that there's a way to unlock it to 60?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom