• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
0001_n6sax6rgk.gif

Echoplx

So it looks like PhysX is causing the issues with The Darkness demo, you'll have to uninstall it to play apparently.

Fuck PhysX.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
For those who have issues with the darkness II demo, people on the forums and I myself tried this and it seems to be working for most of the ones who try it out.

Uninstalling physX made the demo work for me instead of just nothing happening when I press the play button.

edit : beaten by the minute-man

Blizzard

Banned
So it looks like PhysX is causing the issues with The Darkness demo, you'll have to uninstall it to play apparently.

Fuck PhysX.
This is one of the things I don't like about PhysX besides the obvious performance issues and/or ATI card issues. I'm pretty sure I've seen people having a game not working, and then it will turn out to be because some completely non-obvious game (say, Mass Effect?) had installed a different version of PhysX, and it then interferes with other games.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea nVidia certainly has a serious advantage over ATI when it comes to drivers but man their physx software is an indescribable pile of shit regardless of what card you have.

Completely. I loved wandering around the city (even though it was super empty). Here's hoping Darkness 2 has at least some of that...

I'm hoping for that too. It helped immerse me in the world.

Out of curiosity, am I the only person who walked away from the Kingdoms of Ama-llama-ding-dong RPG demo totally unimpressed?

I didn't leave the demo unimpressed but I was thinking how it's just another fantasy RPG. Not that that's a bad thing, but it just didn't hook me very good. I think part of that is because I'm not into RPG's at the moment. It's the second one this month I haven't been able to get into.

I didn't leave the demo unimpressed but I was thinking how it's just another fantasy RPG. Not that that's a bad thing, but it just didn't hook me very good. I think part of that is because I'm not into RPG's at the moment. It's the second one this month I haven't been able to get into.

That seems reasonable. Maybe I'm just a bit burned out since it hasn't been long since I played War in the North, and it plays quite similarly.

Out of curiosity, am I the only person who walked away from the Kingdoms of Ama-llama-ding-dong RPG demo totally unimpressed?

I like the combat, even if it is a bit on the mash-y side, but that's about the only positive thing I can say. The mouse and keyboard controls are awful but works really well with a controller tho. The aspect ratio is 4:3 with no other resolution option and there's tons of LOD pop-in once you get out of the linear tutorial section. The game's got a decent WoW-ish artstyle but it looks super dated,the aspect ratio and constant pop-in don't really help. The camera is also claustrophobically close to the main character and there's no option to adjust that either, apparently they're addressing that post-launch (wat?).

With The Old Republic eating up most of my game time and the Amalur demo being far from impressive I think this is, at best, Steam sale fodder. 5-10$.

camerooni

Neo Member
Wish I wasn't out of the country the 2 times Skyrim went on sale :(

I have a 33% off Skyrim coupon, yours if you want it.. already own the game. It's the same as the sale price from what I understand? Also have a 33% off Bethesda which will do the same thing.. PM me your SteamID and I'll send one through.

Fox318

Not buying From Dust even though I was offered a coupon by an awesome Gaffer.

Not going to support Ubisoft.

Part of me wants to be with you but is it really that bad? It's stupid don't get me wrong but is it any worse then what was in Brotherhood? I was able to play that with no problems.

Chesskid1

Banned
DOES Anyone want FROM DUST coupon? I refuse to support ubisoft, unless its an assassin's creed game. 1st to quote, then add me if you see you are winnter! thanks!

Relax.MX

After my last FPS(Hard Reset)...Im playing Rage right now(5 hours so far) and is a good game, but something just dont feel good, is not frenetic, is not "realistic", the AI is awful and predictable, the story is boring, the start of the game is ssssslow, AND the graphics are horribly optimized ... awful! too me Rage is one of those games that you want that finish already to start another

PD: I love the multiplayer XO (very good time with my friends)

After my last FPS(Hard Reset)...Im playing Rage right now(5 hours so far) and is a good game, but something just dont feel good, is not frenetic, is not "realistic", the AI is awful and predictable, the story is boring, the start of the game is ssssslow, AND the graphics are horribly optimized ... awful! too me Rage is one of those games that you want that finish already to start another

PD: I love the multiplayer XO (very good time with my friends)

You just described a shitty game to my ears.

hauton

I have a 33% off Skyrim coupon, yours if you want it.. already own the game. It's the same as the sale price from what I understand? Also have a 33% off Bethesda which will do the same thing.. PM me your SteamID and I'll send one through.
Thanks a lot! Sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom