• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Snuggle Truck? Titan Attacks? MtG Tactics? The hell are these games? Steam has been letting open the flood gates on indie titles.

Titan Attacks is made by the same team that did Revenge of the Titans. And Magic is well...it's Magic. OF course, they're going to put them on there.

Sarcasm

Anybody interested in a Section 8 prejudice 4 pack? It comes with the DLC. I have a friend who wants to get the 4 pack. I already own the game.

Direct quote from him too:

" If possible ask if anybody have a 50% coupon for this game can trade for a copy with it. "

Soo coupons may have not been an utter failure =p

jediyoshi

Snuggle Truck? Titan Attacks? MtG Tactics? The hell are these games? Steam has been letting open the flood gates on indie titles.
Snuggle Truck has been a long time coming and has a pretty bizarre back story. I would have rather they just thrown back in the immigrants instead of the animals for the PC version.

Zimbardo

so now that Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is on sale again ...has anyone else noticed the slow motion issue?

example ...you'll be running along and your character will just start moving in slow motion/bullet time. it'll last for a couple of seconds and then he'll continue along at the normal speed. it doesn't get choppy or anything ...my character will just move in slow motion while the framerate remains smooth.

its very random and happens both during online play and single player campaign.

i googled this various times and it seems many people have this issue dating back for months and it's never been addressed by Relic. seems ridiculous that there's no fix for this yet and Relic just keeps driving out the DLC instead of a patch.

i've seen it mentioned a couple times that turning off vsync solves the issue, but it doesn't. it seems like it might occur less frequently with vsync disabled, but it eventually happens again. you shouldn't have to turn vsync off anyway ...if u have to do that in order for a game to run properly, then there's something wrong and it should be patched ...but again, the issue has never been patched.

i find it an extremely annoying bug that really helps to suck the enjoyment out of the game.

its not just me anyway ...
http://www.spacemarine.com/au/forums/topic/6970
http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1428727.htm
http://www.gamespot.com/warhammer-40-000-space-marine/forum/slow-motion-problem--60351908/
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2140505

JordanKZ

so now that Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is on sale again ...has anyone else noticed the slow motion issue?

example ...you'll be running along and your character will just start moving in slow motion/bullet time. it'll last for a couple of seconds and then he'll continue along at the normal speed. it doesn't get choppy or anything ...my character will just move in slow motion while the framerate remains smooth.

Didn't this have something to do with AMD GPU's? This happened a few times when playing Saints Row 3 and Red Faction Armageddon for me as well as Space Marine.

Maybe THQ just have a distaste for AMD...? :p

vocab

Didn't this have something to do with AMD GPU's? This happened a few times when playing Saints Row 3 and Red Faction Armageddon for me as well as Space Marine.

space marine runs 10 times better than sr3 does

Zimbardo

i'm using nvidia gtx560 in sli ...i tried the game with sli off to make sure that wasn't causing the issue and it still happens on 1 card.

cpu is intel i5 760 @ 3.8ghz and 8gig ram.

btw, i started playing RF: Armageddon the other day and that's been fine.

very annoying issue anyway ...i don't think i saw anything like it in a game before. it amazes me that it's never getting addressed by Relic either, since a lot of ppl seem to have experienced it.

Wthermans

Banned
Did Steam just go down? Have been playing Dungeon Defenders for like 10 hours straight. Don't cut me off Valve!

Yeah they're pushing new code out.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28956181&postcount=381\

We're posting some new code to the Steam servers presently, so there will be a brief outage. Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected. Content downloads and game play should not be affected. Downtime is expected to be short. Sorry for the short notice.

It's not like the base of DOW is different from Last Stand, right? I can make it. Speaking of DOW, WTF does this error mean?

CvDeB.png

It then pops up a blank graphics config panel. What do I do?

Edit: OMG this game is ancient. Probably Windows 7 bullshit.

chixdiggit

Just tried Dawn of War for the first time today and think it's awesome. What are the ones to play? I already have Dawn of War 2 and Chaos Rising. Should I skip them and go right into Retribution?

NIN90

Just tried Dawn of War for the first time today and think it's awesome. What are the ones to play? I already have Dawn of War 2 and Chaos Rising. Should I skip them and go right into Retribution?

God no. Both vanilla DoW2 and CR have great campaigns, especially in coop.

Tess3ract

Banned
Blindly bought DOW Gold (which includes Winter Assault) after watching brief last stand gameplay. I hope the game thoroughly describes the HUD because that's the most unusual aspect I saw. Yes, I am a RTS noob.

You wanted Last Stand you should have bought DOW2.

That being said DOW:Gold is okay but everyone should be buying DOW:Dark Crusade. Best Game Ever.
Edit: OMG this game is ancient. Probably Windows 7 bullshit.
Runs-on-my-windows-7-machine.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Indie gala is coming out sat feb 4 at 8 gmt not sure if am or pm , it should have steam keys

Nice.

Also, if anyone is on IGN Prime, they are currently giving out Steam keys for Rochard. I imagine the keys are limited, so get in quick.

Echoplx

Looks like they're having a hard time getting more people on board, not surprising considering how badly the first one went (in terms of average donations).

Aselith

It's not like the base of DOW is different from Last Stand, right? I can make it. Speaking of DOW, WTF does this error mean?

http://i.imgur.com/CvDeB.png[IMG]

It then pops up a blank graphics config panel. What do I do?

Edit: OMG this game is ancient. Probably Windows 7 bullshit.[/QUOTE]

What does that even mean? And of course it's ancient. It was made in 2004.

linko9

I don't really know where to ask this, so I'll ask here. I want to play Half-Life for the first time, and am wondering if there are some good mods that enhance the visuals (texture packs, hi-ploy models, etc.) available; I can't really find anything by googling.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't really know where to ask this, so I'll ask here. I want to play Half-Life for the first time, and am wondering if there are some good mods that enhance the visuals (texture packs, hi-ploy models, etc.) available; I can't really find anything by googling.

Just set the resolution to your native one, force some anti-aliasing, and bump up the FOV to the appropriate level.

Face it, the game is gonna look ancient no matter how much you dress it up, you might as well appreciate the original art. Textures from 2000 aren't going to be that much more palatable than textures from 1998.

And I will never understand why Gearbox completely changed the weapon models to completely different weapons. That was fucked up.

If anyone happens to already have bought Titan Attacks direct from the developer, he has a form set up where you plug in the email you used to buy it and it sends you a Steam code for free. I bought it back in 2010 when they had Titan Attacks/Ultratron/Droid Assault together in a $10 bundle. Hopefully those other two show up on Steam soon too.

http://www.puppygames.net/steam/

Could also buy direct from there now if you want, get both steam/non-steam copies of the game and give the developer 100% of the money.

I don't fucking care about Last Stand, I just searched for DOW and thought it looked interesting. I just want my money's worth and get it running.

Aselith

I don't fucking care about Last Stand, I just searched for DOW and thought it looked interesting. I just want my money's worth and get it running.

Well, I just googled it and it runs fine in Windows 7 per my results so that's not it. Try checking file integrity, you probably have a bad file that needs redownloaded.

Also, you are the one who was like "derp, derp DOW base is probably like Last Stand so it's the same difference, rite?" so don't get all pissy. That seemed like what you got the game for BASED ON WHAT YOU SAID.

DOW single-player isn't even really like DOW 2 single player let alone Last Stand so no, it's not the same difference.

If anyone happens to already have bought Titan Attacks direct from the developer, he has a form set up where you plug in the email you used to buy it and it sends you a Steam code for free. I bought it back in 2010 when they had Titan Attacks/Ultratron/Droid Assault together in a $10 bundle. Hopefully those other two show up on Steam soon too.

http://www.puppygames.net/steam/

Could also buy direct from there now if you want, get both steam/non-steam copies of the game and give the developer 100% of the money.

I actually e-mailed them yesterday asking if the other two games would be on Steam and their reply was, "Yes, when they are ready."

I love their games.

If Cladun X2 is a thing my money is on IndieRoyal.

cPUYy.jpg

Whoa, have they hinted at Cladun X2 coming to PC? I'd be ecstatic if that happened.

Chesskid1

Banned
new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

http://groupees.com/bemine

launches Feb 14th, contains 5 games (steam)

they show a few games in the video, split second screenshots.

some of the guesses from youtube (no clue if accurate but people keep guessing them):

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP
5-The Haunted: Hells Reach (correction: turned out to be The Ball)

so indiegala, indieroyale, and be mine indie bundle all launch near each other, each with their own first time in a bundle games.

BioHazard

new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

some of the guesses from youtube:

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP
5-The Haunted: Hells Reach

so indiegala, indieroyale, and be mine indie bundle all launch near each other, each with their own first time in a bundle games.

Holy shit now those are some games, too bad I have them all :/

new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

some of the guesses from youtube (no clue if accurate):

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP

Awesome, only own Xotic.

new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

some of the guesses from youtube (no clue if accurate but people keep guessing them):

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP

Want Sideways but also interested in Haunted and Wasteland Angel so I'll probably pick this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom