• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

http://groupees.com/bemine

launches Feb 14th, contains 5 games (steam)

they show a few games in the video, split second screenshots.

some of the guesses from youtube (no clue if accurate but people keep guessing them):

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP
5-The Haunted: Hells Reach

so indiegala, indieroyale, and be mine indie bundle all launch near each other, each with their own first time in a bundle games.
Don't know what any of those are other than The Haunted which I want badly

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

some of the guesses from youtube (no clue if accurate but people keep guessing them):

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP

so indiegala, indieroyale, and be mine indie bundle all launch near each other, each with their own first time in a bundle games.

Replace the Haunted: Hells Reach with the Ball and you're 100% correct.

YjBolh.jpg

q8oKjh.jpg

cbuR7h.jpg

DI5lZh.jpg

rVL0sh.jpg

new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP

I don't own any of them but I know they're all great. Looks like I'm in for another indie bundle!

EDIT: Aw, The Ball and not Haunted? Ah well, still don't have that either!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Ball is fantastic, by the way. Do not be disappointed that it's in this and not Hell's Reach.

This is honestly one of the best indie bundles I've seen.

Card Boy

Banned
new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP

Excellent, besides Wasteland Angle all those look decent. Also finally a bundle where i don't own any of the games.

Card Boy

Banned
These Indie bundles have taught me never to buy Indie games day 1. As harsh as it sounds I don't really care about supporting Indie Devs unless your willing to make an RPG or Trading card game.

Keys for Greed Corp and Bunch of Heroes here. Quote to see. Please, please, please post if you take one.

Bunch of Heroes

Greed Corp

One of the titles was wrong whoops! Now fixed.

These Indie bundles have taught me never to buy Indie games day 1. As harsh as it sounds I don't really care about supporting Indie Devs unless your willing to make an RPG or Trading card game.

Instead you just buy dozens of them for no money and don´t play them? :)

I myself don´t need more games then that I can afford to support developers who makes the games I want to play.

Aucool

If anyone happens to already have bought Titan Attacks direct from the developer, he has a form set up where you plug in the email you used to buy it and it sends you a Steam code for free. I bought it back in 2010 when they had Titan Attacks/Ultratron/Droid Assault together in a $10 bundle. Hopefully those other two show up on Steam soon too.

http://www.puppygames.net/steam/

Could also buy direct from there now if you want, get both steam/non-steam copies of the game and give the developer 100% of the money.

thanks for the hint man i was just thinking that i've already bought it long time ago and i would like to re-play it on Steam XD

Aselith

For anyone wondering about the PixelJunk Eden port, it's a good port. The game plays perfectly no issues at all. Only graphics options are V-Sync and Resolution but the game really doesn't need AA or anything like that as it's very smooth and the art style just doesn't require any of those typical options as far as I can tell. It definitely looks very good.

No controller support but the controls have been reworked with the mouse and keyboard in mind and it actually works extremely well. I still wish they had left the PS3 style controls as an option though as options are always good of course. It's almost like an FPS though in that the m+k allow you to do much more precise jumping and the new controls actually improve the experience.

Here's a quote direct from the Steam boards:

Ouch. Well, I guess that's another game in my steam list that I've bought but will never play. I've tried the new control scheme, and it changes the gameplay and vibe to the point where it feels like a completely different game.

I need to be a bit more cautious about my day one purchases of smaller $5-$10 games. I get overexcited and just jump on it, and then end up kicking myself for not waiting. That is probably a bad thing for smaller developers who benefit from the rush of launch orders.

But my take is that it's a different game in a GOOD way. I played the PSN version and now I find myself playing a game that feels just a little different and I LIKE it. A lot.

Aselith

Are the Indie Gala games Steam keys or what?

NIS already confirmed that this is the beginning of their push on Steam. They are hoping to get more titles on Steam after Clan of Champions.

Have they said when it's expected to drop? I'll definitely support them and hopefully they push out like Disgaea and stuff which I will scoop up and put all over my face and tits like ice cream.

Im_Special

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Nippon Ichi's entire catalog came out on PC. They port shit like crazy. We're getting Disgaea on Android soon so I'll take Cladun as a sign that they are opening up the floodgates.

Are the Indie Gala games Steam keys or what?

Have they said when it's expected to drop? I'll definitely support them and hopefully they push out like Disgaea and stuff which I will scoop up and put all over my face and tits like ice cream.

Clan of Champions should be out soon. Don't think they have said anything about Cladun.

http://www.destructoid.com/nippon-ichi-has-serious-plans-for-steam-releases-212313.phtml

Clan of Champions (Gladiator Versus in Japan) is a PlayStation 3 exclusive in Japan, but here the game will also be an Xbox 360 title as well as available through Steam on PC, thans to NIS America. Wait, Steam? Nippon Ichi? And there's more coming beyond this title, it seems.

In an interview with Siliconera, Haru Akenaga, President of NIS America, said that they're looking at more titles for the PC digital distribution service.

"For PC, we are going to release several titles for Steam. I can’t say for sure, but in the future there may be a chance [to see other] Nippon Ichi titles on Steam."

"We are planning to do something seriously with Steam," Akenaga said. "At this moment, we cannot announce anything about our Steam projects other than Clan of Champions."

This could be good. There's a lot of Japanese stuff on PC that never hits our shores. There's plenty of strategy titles they could jump on.

Aselith

If anyone was wanting to get MW3, Impulse has it for 39.99 until tuesday. That's roughly 33% off which is about the best you'd get on Steam so barring some pimp ass retail sale, this is as low as you'll get it most probably for a considerable time.

TimmiT

new indie bundle

"Be Mine Indie Bundle"

1-Wasteland Angle
2-Sideways New York
3-Xotic
4-BEEP
5-The Haunted: Hells Reach (correction: turned out to be The Ball)

Will probably buy this for Sideways New York, would have bought it for The Ball as well if I didn´t already have it.

Volcynika

Started playing my copy of Sideway: NY on Steam since people were talking about buying the bundle for that.

Game is a piece of trash, if I have to kill the process and restart the game just to choose the next level (because the game always hangs when submitting your level score, and no, there's no firewall issues or anything like that causing problems), not even worth the effort. The fact this came out a few months ago and something like that happens just annoys me more.

Critical Mass is a lot of fun.

DiRT 2 is better than 3 imo. I like that it has currency and you can still buy your own vehicles, instead of just unlocking them. Runs really nice and still looks good too.

Does the full version of Dirt 2 let you adjust the deadzone on your controller? I tried out the demo and it was unplayable due to the awful stick drift that affects every single Xbox 360 controller, and I didn't see any way in the options to adjust it. Also the demo dropped below 60 fps a couple of times on my 2600k/6850, so unless the full version performs better I'm not sure I agree with the assessment that it performs that great.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
How is Dirt 2 compared to Sega Rally Evo (I think it's called)?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Also the demo dropped below 60 fps a couple of times on my 2600k/6850, so unless the full version performs better I'm not sure I agree with the assessment that it performs that great.

If it drops below 60 fps during a race for that set up, you either have a broken card or are accidentally forcing some sort of external AA. I got locked 60 during racing on both a 460 and 5850 easily.

Performance on the menu is a separate matter.

Any reason to get Dirt 2 if I already own Dirt 3?
It has a different set of rally courses that are pretty damn great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom