• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

I can't figure out why, but I'm having a difficult time getting into The Missing Link. Did anyone enjoy DE:HR but not its DLC? Maybe I'm just not in the mood for this sort of thing right now.

ye i just left it, couldn't do it straight after deus ex
might go back to it later but i doubt it, looked boring

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Word. I'll probably leave it for now, no need to force myself. Maybe I'll be up for it some other time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Remedy needs to hurry up and put Alan Wake up for sale on Steam. I want to give them my money.

Also I don't know if anyone posted, but Baldur's Gate has appeared in the Steam Registry. Baldur's Gate 2 was also added a couple of weeks ago for anyone who missed it.

Fantastic. I already own them on GoG, however I wouldn't mind double dipping.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Are there any differences between the Steam and PS3 versions of Shatter? It's a good game but I'm not sure if it's worth double dipping.

MNC

Buy this game and make good use of the steam leaderboards. i loved this game to bits. probably going to reinstall because of the sale!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is there any differences between the Steam and PS3 versions of Shatter? It's a good game but not sure if it's worth double dipping.
Mouse control is like a thousand times better. Still, I think she physics are pretty fucked up and made a big rant about it one time.

Salaadin

Just bought and downloaded Chronicles of Riddick and it activated fine but now it wont start. Im stuck at a black screen until I get a "Crash" error message and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out. Any ideas?

Im currently validating the game cache but if that doesnt work, im out of ideas.

So after buying Zombie Driver on a sale god knows how long ago I started it today. Really good fun. I've only done the main missions so far, but it seems like it has a lot more content.

Reminds me of the old GTA games.

Rufus

Just bought and downloaded Chronicles of Riddick and it activated fine but now it wont start. Im stuck at a black screen until I get a "Crash" error message and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out. Any ideas?

Im currently validating the game cache but if that doesnt work, im out of ideas.
Check the Steam forums if you have a problem with a game, chances are someone else ran into the same issue already.

So after buying Zombie Driver on a sale god knows how long ago I started it today. Really good fun. I've only done the main missions so far, but it seems like it has a lot more content.

Reminds me of the old GTA games.

Yeah, it's good mindless fun. I've only played it during the last Summer sale to get that ticket but I've meant to go back and put more time into it.

It is a bit mindless, but it's starting to get quite intense/difficulty in the missions I'm on now. You have to be quick to get to every survivor and sometimes it's hard to do the sub-missions within the time limits/without dying.

Salaadin

Check the Steam forums if you have a problem with a game, chances are someone else ran into the same issue already.

Yeah, it seems like the game is broken. I tried all of the fixes I could find on the forums so far and nothing as worked. I wonder if Steam gives refunds in cases like this.

Ledsen

Yes, and breakout is awesome. Awesome version of an awesome game = more awesome?

Well yeah, if you like Breakout I'm sure it's great. But the hype on GAF never mentions this, it's always "buy this amazing game, this must-buy!". It's not that special.

Well yeah, if you like Breakout I'm sure it's great. But the hype on GAF never mentions this, it's always "buy this amazing game, this must-buy!". It's not that special.

It´s a really great Breakout clone, with some really fun gameplay tweaks and new modes, a superb soundtrack and great graphics, for a really good price. That is special, but everyone doesn´t have to like everything.

Symphonic

If somebody finds a game amazing and believe other people will think the same, then why not express that?

1-D_FTW

There are people on this planet who don't like Breakout? Disappointment in humanity +1.

Game I'm downloading is stuck on "Suspended". This sucks, I wanted to play tonight...

Double-click on play. Loading a game that hasn't downloaded seems to have a 100 percent success rate for me.

svegis

Short and somewhat old review I wrote of Shatter on Steam:

Remember the game Breakout? Arkanoid? If not, think of any other game where the player controls a platform and destroys stacks of bricks with a bouncing ball, moving from side to side. It's a tried and true concept, some might even call it worn out. Sidhe Interactive takes the "brick-breaking" concept and reinvigorates it. There's new ideas and gameplay options that changes it for the better. Now the game is more than simply shuttling a paddle left and right, but what that is, I'll let newcomers experience themselves. Shatter is a complete, richly engineered game and comes with one hell of a soundtrack as well, magnificent stuff!

It's well worth it's asking price.

Relax.MX

I have a very irregular connection speeds in steam, ¿im the only one?

And any good mods or recommendation for start for the first time Max Payne on PC? i played the game a long time ago in my PS2

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Short and somewhat old review I wrote of Shatter on Steam:

Remember the game Breakout? Arkanoid? If not, think of any other game where the player controls a platform and destroys stacks of bricks with a bouncing ball, moving from side to side. It's a tried and true concept, some might even call it worn out. Sidhe Interactive takes the "brick-breaking" concept and reinvigorates it. There's new ideas and gameplay options that changes it for the better. Now the game is more than simply shuttling a paddle left and right, but what that is, I'll let newcomers experience themselves. Shatter is a complete, richly engineered game and comes with one hell of a soundtrack as well, magnificent stuff!

It's well worth it's asking price.

Heh, this is mine from November 2010
Me said:
Breakout meets Arkanoid meets LSD. Shatter combines a stupidly gorgeous art style with some simple yet addivitve gameplay. Bascially if you like a good action/puzzle mix and enjoy breaking blocks, you must buy this, right now.

It still stands. Yes, it's just a Breakout/Arkanoid clone, but it's so well crafted only people who really hate this sort of game should avoid it. Heck, 85 people on my friends list have the game, which ranks up there in my top also owned games, so some people out there love the game too.

Frankly, it's worth it for the music, but I'm biased!

Nabs

Mouse controls make Shatter worth the double dip. The soundtrack is pretty good in Audiosurf, so it's also worth picking up.

Well I'm just enjoying Shatter as hell, and the soundtrack it's so awesome!

@Nabs I'm going to pick the soundtrack up, and play it in Audiosurf, nice advice! :D

Here's one for all you registry searchers:

Is Ms. Splosion Man still there? It was there as ValveTestApp105420 back ages ago. I'm wondering if it disappeared since Microsoft bought Twisted Pixel.

My quick and dirty review/recommendation for Pineapple Smash Crew that I posted on Steam...

Squad-based Robotron-ish top down shooter meets Bomberman but with an array of insane grenades with increasingly bizarre but awesome functions that you unlock as you level up instead of girly bombs. It's entirely randomised--the levels, power-ups, enemies, objectives and bosses--so you never quite know what you will encounter in each mission. The only persistent thing is your squad and their level/exp (unless one of them dies?). Oh, and the chiptune soundtrack is pretty rad.

camerooni

Neo Member
So, what's the deal with this Magic: The Gathering Tactics? Is it an old game? Anyone played it?

It's a year old, I haven't had much chance to play it beyond a couple hours in the tutorial when it first released. It's a tactical strategy game, moving miniatures about on the board ala most games with 'tactics' in the title. It uses a collectible miniature method of gathering your collection of units similarly to Pox Nora.

I'm looking to check it out again, but it's taking a while to download. Looks like SOE will have ALL of their games on Steam soon, which can only be good for them.. a lot of my friends have been looking at SOE games since they've appeared on Steam but otherwise wouldn't have gone near them with a 10 foot pole.

Sblargh

Banned
It's a year old, I haven't had much chance to play it beyond a couple hours in the tutorial when it first released. It's a tactical strategy game, moving miniatures about on the board ala most games with 'tactics' in the title. It uses a collectible miniature method of gathering your collection of units similarly to Pox Nora.

I'm looking to check it out again, but it's taking a while to download. Looks like SOE will have ALL of their games on Steam soon, which can only be good for them.. a lot of my friends have been looking at SOE games since they've appeared on Steam but otherwise wouldn't have gone near them with a 10 foot pole.

Are there spells other than creatures? I really like Magic, but don't know if I'll enjoy just having creatures punching each other.

Speevy

Banned
Can somebody help me out?

I bought Dirt 2, and I've been playing it quite a bit.

But suddenly, it defaults to windowed mode and I have no idea how to change it back.

I didn't alter any settings and was playing this morning in full screen as a matter of fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom