• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody help me out?

I bought Dirt 2, and I've been playing it quite a bit.

But suddenly, it defaults to windowed mode and I have no idea how to change it back.

I didn't alter any settings and was playing this morning in full screen as a matter of fact.

I don't have Dirt 2 installed atm but you could try alt+enter, its a common fullscreen mode shortcut.

I had this problem and this solution fixed it.

Volcynika

Titan Attacks is neato. Had to use smartbomb spam to 100% the challenge stages though. Think I made it to level 36 or so before I got wiped.

The Pineapple Smash Crew game is odd, my Steam blotter doesn't show I even bought it, and it doesn't show up when I'm in game (just says In-Game). Probably a small bug to fix.

InertiaXr

Titan Attacks is neato. Had to use smartbomb spam to 100% the challenge stages though. Think I made it to level 36 or so before I got wiped.

The Pineapple Smash Crew game is odd, my Steam blotter doesn't show I even bought it, and it doesn't show up when I'm in game (just says In-Game). Probably a small bug to fix.

Yeah Titan Attacks is quite fun, on my 2nd play I got up to wave 95-96 and had my main gun, 2 side laser shooters, 1 solid laser gun thing, and 1 rocket launcher. I went though at least 6-7 challenge stages and was only able to do the 1st or 2nd one 100% for the achievement, going to be a pain in the ass to do the later ones 100% for the achievement I think.

Sober

Is Dawn of War Retribution any good for someone who doesn't like Command and Conquer ?
Haven't played much Retri MP but you have one base building where you can order units from. They cost requisition and power. You basically have to go around the map to capture points for requisition and other points you need to build power generators to generate their respective resources.

Stuff like calling in/reinforcing units, upgrading them and your base (tiers so you can order better units) is about all you need. No base building or elaborate tech tree for skirmish MP. Game ends when you bust their base structure.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Remedy needs to hurry up and put Alan Wake up for sale on Steam. I want to give them my money.

Also I don't know if anyone posted, but Baldur's Gate has appeared in the Steam Registry. Baldur's Gate 2 was also added a couple of weeks ago for anyone who missed it.

Yes, please! GoG was only good to me for a couple games, the more of them that get on Steam, the more i can stay on one DD service. As long as the mods work with the steam version.

But i remember well over a year ago when FFVII was added to the registry...

Kammie

Shatter is cool, but I got to the first bonus stage and almost had an epileptic seizure. lol

Does anyone know if there's any way to manually change the resolution, outside of the config exe? It doesn't have my LCD's resolution and as a result I get a bit of overscan.

Edit: Nevermind, got it figured out. It seems it didn't create the config xml file until after I played the game, or else I had missed it.

Nymerio

Is Dawn of War Retribution any good for someone who doesn't like Command and Conquer ?

I'm pretty bad at RTS games and don't like them too much, but I really like Dawn of War II. You can have up to four squads with you which you can outfit with loot you find during the missions. Every squad can be leveled up and can gain new abilities and equipment slots. During the missions you do not have to build anything, it's just your squads and your enemies. Your guys can enter buildings for cover or take cover behind various obstacles.

I'd definitely buy it for that price, it's a great game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've been on a Bejeweled bender over the last few days, so good. I love Peggle and PvZ too. How does Zuma's Revenge stack up to those games? I'm liking the demo...

Zuma's Revenge is my favorite Popcap game along with Bejeweled 3. It's just a lot of fun (if you like Zuma, obviously). 60 levels + boss levels, 70 timed challenge levels, gauntlet, achievements, lots and lots of pretty colored balls and powerups all set on a tropical theme...pretty much has it all.

Wok

According to the official blog, Shank 2 will be released on Steam on Thursday.

Does anyone know why Shank was not available in some regions? As a French, I could only play it thanks to a previous HIB event.

I wonder whether I will be able to purchase the sequel now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
According to the official blog, Shank 2 will be released on Steam on Thursday.

Does anyone know why Shank was not available in some regions? As a French, I could only play it thanks to a previous HIB event.

I wonder whether I will be able to purchase the sequel now.

The demo is on Steam FR, so I assume it's not available for purchase simply due to publisher incompetence. Acti is rather adept itself; for instance, Singularity and Transformers: War for Cybertron aren't on the Aussie Steam store, yet both were classified.

Madridy

Now that my account has been approved, just wanted to stop by here and thank Xelios for helping us non-U.S. based users get reasonable prices from the U.S. Steam store during the holiday sale.

Thanks a lot man, Your kindness and patience have no bounds!

Wok

JaseC

It seems the demo is on Steam FR, however, you cannot access it as there is no store page available.

By "on Steam FR", I meant it's listed. Shank is available for purchase on XBL FR, though (1200 points) and I'm sure the same is true of PSN FR. My point is that there's apparently no tangible reason as to why it's not available on Steam. Perhaps EA is experimenting with removing older games from Steam, beginning in France. :p

Edit: On a more serious note, I'd start to ask questions if Shank 2 also skips Steam FR.

JaseC

Well, Steam froze a few moments ago and I opened My Computer only to discover that the HDD has disappeared from the listing. If yet another Steam drive has died on me, I'll quit PC gaming.

Edit: It returned after a reboot. For now, at least.

derFeef

Well, Steam froze a few moments ago and I opened My Computer only to discover that the HDD has disappeared from the listing. If yet another Steam drive has died on me, I'll quit PC gaming.

Ohgod... I am sorry and hope that's not the case.

JaseC

Ohgod... I am sorry and hope that's not the case.

Doesn't seem to be, and the drive hasn't been making any macabre noises or had occasional fits of unresponsiveness, so the optimist in me is chalking its brief disappearance up to Just One of Those Things™.

I do have a weird issue with Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, though, in that if I quit the game and load something else, any future attempts to load Immortal Throne again in that same instance of Steam will result in a (paraphrase) "Could not find Steam" error, with Firefox opening a link to the Steam store. My guess is that it's a side effect of the fan-made bug fix patch.

JaseC

I have Steam on my one and only HDD. Is that a bad idea?

Only if Steam hates you, as it apparently does me. :(

Edit: You'll be out of luck if you find yourself in a position where you have to format your HDD, though if you don't keep many games installed, then it's not much of an issue.

Edit 2: Unless you have separate partitions for Windows/programs and the rest of your stuff.

Tess3ract

Banned

Check your sata cables. Sometimes the cable connected to the socket on my motherboard gets loose from me bumping the case.

The same thing happened to me last week, and it looks like my HDD is gone for good. I've tried everything, even moving it to another PC.

Btw, my first post on Gaf, after I've been lurking for the last year :D

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Random thought: I would like to see tradeable vouchers on Steam. It would work the same as adding funds to your wallet, but you could eventually trade it for hats/games/whatever. It would be especially useful for F2P games.

confused

Banned
Random thought: I would like to see tradeable vouchers on Steam. It would work the same as adding funds to your wallet, but you could eventually trade it for hats/games/whatever. It would be especially useful for F2P games.

Valve is already working on adding moneygifting through the Steam wallet.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sanctum was in an Indie Royale recently, so the chances are pretty good that you may own it already/at least know someone that does.

Also, the nice thing about the DLC is that it only requires 1 person in your group to own it. So, if you have a friend with it, you can use it as well.

bCAGt.png

Is a lot of DLC.

Nabs

I didn't like it until I played with morningbus and bodied the entire team on our own. GFWL was horrible during the beta, I hope they worked on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom