• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

InertiaXr

Cool Sanctum is the daily deal but only the game and the full pack is on sale, the individual towers and maps are still .99/1.99....I want to buy the DLC maps but not at $2 EACH

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Check your sata cables. Sometimes the cable connected to the socket on my motherboard gets loose from me bumping the case.

Checking the internal ports is the last thing I want to do as Abit's motherboard designers are terrible at their job. If the drive disappears again, though, I won't have much of a choice.

The same thing happened to me last week, and it looks like my HDD is gone for good. I've tried everything, even moving it to another PC.

Btw, my first post on Gaf, after I've been lurking for the last year :D

I have a storied history with drives dying whilst under my care. IIRC, my previous Steam drive walked the proverbial plank around 6 months ago.

Welcome to GAF!

1-D_FTW

I didn't like it until I played with morningbus and bodied the entire team on our own. GFWL was horrible during the beta, I hope they worked on that.

Which IMO is the fundamental problem. I don't see how it's anything but doomed on PC (especially for anyone who played the beta and was hoping against hope it wouldn't suck with Live).

jediyoshi

Is a lot of DLC.
Ah the fundamental difference between game companies A and B. One tries to add value and give players a reason to come and play. The other tries to milk players for their money while the product is popular until everyone loses interest.

They must be really hoping that Batman license does well for them.

this just showed up in my games list

VugA1.jpg

If anyone purchased DCS: Black Shark during the sale last Sunday, try running the game now. I just got a response from Steam support that the CD Keys should now be available.

JordanKZ

Anyone running the beta update able to preload (if it's even up yet) Kingdoms of Amalur? Steam seems to think it's already downloaded despite the fact that I literally just bought it.

EDIT: Rolled back to current latest version and it's still doing the same thing. T_T

I've been playing Splinter Cell and I just can't get past this area. I always land barely on the edge and fall down and there's nothing I can do about it. I tried loading an earlier save but it didn't help.
Is this a known bug or am I just too stupid to figure out what to do?

jediyoshi

Anyone running the beta update able to preload (if it's even up yet) Kingdoms of Amalur? Steam seems to think it's already downloaded despite the fact that I literally just bought it.
Beta client here, no preload either. Unless they've said differently, I wouldn't hold out hope for a Steam preload at this point.

No, it's out tomorrow. It says so in the latest trailer, and on the countdown on the official site.
(and on Joystiq)

jediyoshi

SR:TT Valentine's Day Offer
http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/252706/sr:tt_valentines_day_offer

Chocolate covered strawberries and a dozen roses may sound like a good present for your Valentine this year, but what if you were to surprise that special someone with the gift of dildo bats and gimp su-- wait, that came out wrong.

Regardless, from now until the end of Valentine's Day, if you purchase a copy of Saints Row: The Third from the THQ Store on any platform, you will get a coupon for 50% off the purchase of a second copy for any platform, welcoming your one-and-only (or a complete stranger) to the city of Steelport alongside you. To get in on this deal though, here are the best steps to take.

1. Add a single copy of Saints Row: The Third to your cart on the THQ Shop.
2. In your cart, you will see your copy of the game, along with the special 50% off coupon.
3. Proceed through checkout, and the coupon will become active.
4. Now, using that coupon code, head back to the THQ Shop and add your second copy of the game to your cart.
5. In the cart, insert the coupon code for 50% off this second purchase in the proper location, then check out.

Yes, it takes a little extra effort, but in the end, you'll be able to get two copies of Saints Row: The Third at up to $30 cheaper, depending on your platform of choice. Please note that this offer is only valid for those located in the US or Canada.

I'm guessing the developers of shank are a EA partner rather than a studio under EA?
Yeup.

Relax.MX

Im a very bad player on strategy games but(thanks to Gabe :) in the last winter sale i got a free tropico triology) and i really liked :) really funny and accessible, after this im gonna go for something more complex ¿any recommendation for another good game like this for a new gamer on this kind of game?

Will trade 3 humble bundle's, 2 dirt key's and 25% off valve voucher for SR3 key.

Add Bad Rats coupon and you have a deal

lfvgt

Neo Member
Yep, it's down. Seems to happen every other day, nothing to worry about as it'll be back in less than an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom