• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Just a head's up:

Hope the winner actually want's to play it, rather than padding there backlog.

I don't want it, but I'll help you guys get closer.

If you really wanted it, though, you shouldn't have bumped that info. Doubt there were many people who even remembered that.

td.jpg
td.jpg

The Darkness 2

EDIT: Fuck :( Congrats jediyoshi!

Seriously is there any word on Alan Wake? I keep spitballing that it might release alongside Alan Wake's American Nightmare on the week of the 22nd but I can't believe we don't have a date yet ;[

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, my Steam works properly, so I really shouldn't complain.

Madridy

So GAF, how do you work on your Steam backlog?

I seem to lose interest every time i start a new game, putting them in my favorite-list seems to help, but every time i see the game list i just back off and do something else lol.

Probably gonna try to only keep a couple games installed at a time so that I don't have any other options..
until I quit and go back browsing GAF :p

Rufus

I seem to lose interest every time i start a new game, putting them in my favorite-list seems to help, but every time i see the game list i just back off and do something else lol.

Probably gonna try to only keep a couple games installed at a time so that I don't have any other options..
Put installed/not-yet-installed games into their own category and just remove the games you play regularly and the one game you want to strike off the list. Don't play 20+ hour games back to back, go for something short or stage based in-between. Most important of all: Don't fuck around on the internet/GAF all day.

I keep trying out games until one hooks me enough to stick with it. At this point I no longer care about having a backlog and adding to it.

Nymerio

I stopped worrying about my backlog some time ago. Now I just play whatever seems like the most fun at the time. It's great if you have a big library, often I read something here on gaf about a game and can just open steam and check the game out.

"Working" on my backlog was really bad because I ended up forcing myself to play something I really had no interest in anymore or at that time.

jediyoshi

Oh lovely! I'll try to return the love to SteamGAF in the future, I haven't been as generous as I could be.

I find having as few games installed as necessary installed helps. I have a bad habit of downloading games I only have a bit of interest in, poking around them and then just staring at them semi-content on my library.

Blizzard

Banned
I stopped worrying about my backlog some time ago. Now I just play whatever seems like the most fun at the time. It's great if you have a big library, often I read something here on gaf about a game and can just open steam and check the game out.

"Working" on my backlog was really bad because I ended up forcing myself to play something I really had no interest in anymore or at that time.
I go with this route. I buy something if I'm interested, I can afford it, I feel it's worth the price and/or I want to support the developer. If I play it and enjoy it that's a bonus. To quote myself:

Steam is not about having a backlog, it's about having an extensive library so you can metaphorically choose a book from your library and sip from a fancy beverage while relaxing in a posh lounge chair and talking to your butler. Ah, the good life.

And by that I mean, you have the games when you are in the mood to play them, you buy them at a price that seems affordable and reasonable to you, and you don't have to worry about beating them. Collecting them is the game, like Pokemon!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
None of us want to admit it, but there was a sudden burst of activity as #4321 came closer and closer.

Madridy

Put installed/not-yet-installed games into their own category and just remove the games you play regularly and the one game you want to strike off the list. Don't play 20+ hour games back to back, go for something short or stage based in-between. Most important of all: Don't fuck around on the internet/GAF all day.

Yeah, that is definitely one of the reasons. Starting another RPG just after finishing a long RPG is probably a bad idea lol.

I Should add few indie titles in between to change the pace.

jediyoshi

Some of use are too busy actually doing things with their lives ;)

Congrats yoshi!
To be fair, I'm browsing while in a not so exciting lecture. Best of both worlds :p May have missed it if it weren't for Reddit being down and Steam's downedness messing with Steam Guard working on my laptop.

JustinBB7

Last I heard only de_dust and a few weapons were available. It's been like that since they started the beta and probably explains why most people in the beta would rather play something else. Dunno why they haven't updated it yet.

I'm in the beta and yeah it's pretty boring. Doesn't really feel like a beta, more like alpha. Pretty boring to play for longer then half an hour.

sgossard

Bought Dirt 2 during the sale and it's a great game but, how do you edit the settings (resolution and such)? Can't find the options anywhere.

Oreoleo

Bought Dirt 2 during the sale and it's a great game but, how do you edit the settings (resolution and such)? Can't find the options anywhere.

I think you have to go outside of your trailer in-game, and it should be at a table to the right of where you select your car for a race.

I think you have to go outside of your trailer in-game, and it should be at a table to the right of where you select your car for a race.

Yeah the DiRT series has the worse menus in recent history. Well part 1 was fine actually, but 2 and 3 went full retard.

filipe

I feel this on so many levels. After I formatted my computer I decided to just do a one game at a time + 1 multiplayer game.

Team Fortress 2 is my multiplayer game, it's good for a break here and there, and Renegade Ops is my one game. Except, I didn't enjoy Renegade Ops at all, though I know it's a game I'd love in the end, I'm just never in the food to play it, nor should I force myself.

pax217

Anyone know why Driver SF is still sitting at $49.99 when it's dropped to $29.99 on consoles?

I picked it up on Black Friday for the 360 for $20 and have played through it twice, would like to do so again on the PC but don't want to drop another $50...

Anyone know why Driver SF is still sitting at $49.99 when it's dropped to $29.99 on consoles?

I picked it up on Black Friday for the 360 for $20 and have played through it twice, would like to do so again on the PC but don't want to drop another $50...

It was $33.50 during the autumn and winter sales. On featured days it dropped to $25. But if you're wondering why the price hasn't dropped yet, Ubisoft.
Look for Ubi or Driver coupons.

Megasoum

Banned

I don't know but I was tired of waiting so I bought it for 20$ on Ebay... To bad it's not a steam game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom