• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Anyone know why Driver SF is still sitting at $49.99 when it's dropped to $29.99 on consoles?

I picked it up on Black Friday for the 360 for $20 and have played through it twice, would like to do so again on the PC but don't want to drop another $50...

Ubisoft hates PC gamers.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Anyone know why Driver SF is still sitting at $49.99 when it's dropped to $29.99 on consoles?

I picked it up on Black Friday for the 360 for $20 and have played through it twice, would like to do so again on the PC but don't want to drop another $50...
Ubi has no idea what they're doing on the PC platform.

jediyoshi

Everytime that jagged alliance banner pops up
CUMAR.jpg

I keep thinking this
XKBQ7.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
What should I use my 50% off Strategy First coupon on? I don't have a single title from them.
What kind of games and themes do you like? The only one I know of that I've played is Culpa Innata, which is a kinda cool point and click adventure game set in a utopian (dystopian?) future. It has its own janky problems, but I actually rather liked it.

camerooni

Neo Member
What should I use my 50% off Strategy First coupon on? I don't have a single title from them.

Totes Bad Rats..

Or Puzzle Kingdoms.. which would have turned out a lot better if the original publisher (forgotten their name, but they've dropped off the map) had let us keep the AI in the game.. "It's too hard it's too hard, just take it out".

(And by AI, I'm referring to the enemy Warlord on the map, not the actual in-game puzzle AI - which is kinda cheap but works).. the art style is definitely love or hate, and personally Neopets is the more fun of our 'Make us a Puzzlequest but not Puzzlequest games' (Despite Capcom utterly ripping the guts out of it) and Puzzle Chronicles is actually quite good despite the story making not a lick of sense and multiplayer forcing the second player to play from the right side of the screen rather than have both players on the left as per the way the player got used to playing the game in their own individual story mode play throughs (Despite me ranting and raving how much better it would be).

*sigh*.. I probably shouldn't be ranting like this but I don't think I'll work in this town again.. games industry in Australia has imploded.. and that's talking about the main Brisbane/Melbourne markets.. and Canberra hasn't been kind to me at all for work of any kind.. woot - Coffeshop future here I come baby!

</diatribe>

lfvgt

Neo Member
And.. Gotham City Imposters is up..
http://store.steampowered.com/app/21170

*No mention of Games for Windows Live ??

There are only 15 games on Steam not available in NA (source: SteamPrices.com) (which isn't a lot compared to other regions). Well, make that 16 now.

Game is also blocked in Mexico and Brazil. I guess they hate America or something.

Edit: The page now loads correctly but the game still can't be bought.

Edit2: Aaaand it's available now. Crisis averted.

camerooni

Neo Member
Unavailable in my region.

My region is NA

Very strange.. I'm in AU. There wasn't even the 'coming soon' page for us as it always said N/A in your region. Unless there's two or more different versions with different Steam ID's?

Also the Beta was never available to us with WB only giving us an option for PS3 or Xbox360 Beta access.. Don't you just love regional locking, restrictions, and variations. Love how the internet has been able to bring us all together into one global community - oh wait.. that's only for when it benefits big business and screw everyone else!

Surely it is a mistake? Why would they choose to not sell to possibly the largest market for their game?

I bought it on Greenmangaming (I'm Australian) and I am downloading it without any issues.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You know what sucks? When you want to spend some money, but you can't find anything to buy. Tax money is burning a hole in my pocket. I'm browsing my wishlist, and I'm tempted to buy that Jurassic Park game. Would that be really stupid of me? I love the movies and anything dinosaur related...

Narag

You know what sucks? When you want to spend some money, but you can't find anything to buy. Tax money is burning a hole in my pocket. I'm browsing my wishlist, and I'm tempted to buy that Jurassic Park game. Would that be really stupid of me? I love the movies and anything dinosaur related...

I haven't heard a single positive thing about the game from anyone. I think people were warning each other off in the winter sale thread at that.

From what i heard , yes its nothing but timed action sequences.....and boring game play.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I haven't heard much good either, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy. I don't dislike the idea of interactive story-based games like Heavy Rain but from what I'm reading about JP, it sounds like it's entirely linear. I should probably wait for a sale.

Yeah, I haven't heard much good either, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy. I don't dislike the idea of interactive story-based games like Heavy Rain but from what I'm reading about JP, it sounds like it's entirely linear. I should probably wait for a sale.

Don't waste your money in that shitty game, buy another game that deserves your money bro!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Last I heard only de_dust and a few weapons were available. It's been like that since they started the beta and probably explains why most people in the beta would rather play something else. Dunno why they haven't updated it yet.

I assume a content update will coincide with the beta going public, which was supposed to happen last month.

It's so unbelievably stupid that I can't buy a 4 pack if I already own a game. WHAT IF I WANT THAT DISCOUNT AND WANT TO GIFT THE GAME TO 4 PEOPLE! /allcaps

jediyoshi

Looks like some stuff just got pushed out

Dead Rising 2: OTR DLCs $1.99 each
http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/45770/?snr=1_5_9__205

Gotham City Imposters - $14.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/21170/

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - $39.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2028016/

It's so unbelievably stupid that I can't buy a 4 pack if I already own a game. WHAT IF I WANT THAT DISCOUNT AND WANT TO GIFT THE GAME TO 4 PEOPLE! /allcaps
That doesn't seem to be the standard so it looks like it's up to the publisher/developer. You're right though, pretty weird.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Imposters is available now. Sort of want, but I'm afraid it won't have much of a community.

Euphor!a

Banned
Have there been any reviews or previews that suggest Gotham City Imposters is not just a crappy game that will be desolate in a few weeks?

The temptation of Jurassic Park is still there for me and I won't be satisfied until I buy it and see what I think of the game myself. Even if every single person here said it was bad I just couldn't not play it. JP is just that good.

deduce

Looks like some stuff just got pushed out

Dead Rising 2: OTR DLCs $1.99 each
http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/45770/?snr=1_5_9__205

Gotham City Imposters - $14.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/21170/

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - $39.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2028016/

That doesn't seem to be the standard so it looks like it's up to the publisher/developer. You're right though, pretty weird.
Looks like if you bought New Vegas before, it shows up in Steam that you've bought New Vegas Ultimate. Same thing happened when Steam released Fallout 3: GOTY.

saelz8

I took the plunge for Gotham City Imposters without any reviews or inclination of how big the community will be.

Will keep you guys posted.

It's 5GB. Downloading now.

Echoplx

The beta was pretty bad and GFWL matchmaking is as bad as ever but the worst part is the horrible gunplay, I know it's not so important in these casual shooters but it really put me off.

vazel

Banned
The game was developed by Monolith; at the very least it's got to be better than most other FPS games this gen. The videos I've seen of the game have shown some really creative ways of killing people which has got me intrigued.

Soi-Fong

The game was developed by Monolith; at the very least it's got to be better than most other FPS games this gen. The videos I've seen of the game have shown some really creative ways of killing people which has got me intrigued.

That's helping me lean to the other side, but seriously I don't want to waste 15 bucks if the community is dead within a month.

Soi-Fong

Sorry for double posting, but anybody here know if Sanctum is worth the money? Kinda looking at the Collection for it.
People say it's similar to DD which I've played.

Card Boy

Banned
I always ask myself when it comes to games like GCI, 'Do I really need this?' I got massive backlog as it is and you need to rise above the pack if you want my money. Also GFWL = Community will last 2 months tops, less if your non-American.

jediyoshi

From the few matches I've played of the beta, you could have told me Running with Scissors developed this. Seems like a bit of a step back for them unfortunately.

On a brighter note, I've just realized Reckoning is doing a midnight release. Comcast bandwidth cap be damned.

svegis

Heh, this is mine from November 2010

It still stands. Yes, it's just a Breakout/Arkanoid clone, but it's so well crafted only people who really hate this sort of game should avoid it. Heck, 85 people on my friends list have the game, which ranks up there in my top also owned games, so some people out there love the game too.

Frankly, it's worth it for the music, but I'm biased!

You're a man of highly refined taste, mr Stop It!
And so are those 85 friends of yours. I quite liked the game, and I hope people that try it out will enjoy it just as much. At worst, you've supported a developer from New Zealand and Mario from the studio posts here often. So that'd be worth it, too.

Atomski

Sorry for double posting, but anybody here know if Sanctum is worth the money? Kinda looking at the Collection for it.
People say it's similar to DD which I've played.

Its ok for multiplayer.. I thought playing alone though was pretty boring. Not the best tower defense game either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom