• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Quick first impressions of The Darkness 2

- Probably one of the best Previously On pieces I've seen in a while, was getting the uncharted tingles watching the performance going on
- Pretty much no loading
- Good alt-tab, though the steam overlay seemed to be busted at the moment
- Good auto switching back and forth from controller to kbm
- They've done some minor tweaks to the controls and pick up mechaniccs from the demo iirc for the better
- Gorgeous. Does the cellshadey bits more along the lines of how I wished Borderlands handled it

dark001.jpg

dark002.jpg

So of course, thanks again to the glorious DMPrince.

Bluth54

Seriously is there any word on Alan Wake? I keep spitballing that it might release alongside Alan Wake's American Nightmare on the week of the 22nd but I can't believe we don't have a date yet ;[

So Alan Wake is coming out in a week or two? Anybody know when it will show up on steam so that I can pre-order?

Alan Wake will be releasing on Steam on February 16th for $29.99 for the normal version and $34.99 for the Limited Collectors Edition.
Both versions will include both DLCs from the Xbox version, however last I saw on the official Alan Wake forum Remedy was still deciding what was coming with the collectors edition, I'm guessing that's why it's not up on Steam yet.

Check out the PC FAQ on the official message board, they have been updating it when they have new info so keep an eye on it.

SparkTR

The Elder Scrolls Collection has been added to the registry. Sale soon?

It would be great if they could include Arena and Daggerfall pre-configured in Dosbox ala Dark Forces and Doom in that pack. Even though they're free that would be a godsend to people who want to casually check them out and not mess with Dosbox.

svegis

Not available in my region (Europe)
But still, I can find the Ultimate Edition for half that price in retail store, (not available though)

According to the release news it'll be a few days more, I think, there's no date in it except "soon". Pray tell, what store retails this for half the price?

Alan Wake will be releasing on Steam on February 16th for $29.99 for the normal version and $34.99 for the Limited Collectors Edition.
Both versions will include both DLCs from the Xbox version, however last I saw on the official Alan Wake forum Remedy was still deciding what was coming with the collectors edition, I'm guessing that's why it's not up on Steam yet.

Check out the PC FAQ on the official message board, they have been updating it when they have new info so keep an eye on it.

Awesome! $30 I can probably swing, and no more than that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
$30 for Alan Wake PC + DLC is actually a decent price seeing as the US RRP of the X360 version is still $20 and the DLC would set you back a further ~$16.50.

I'll probably pick up the LCE seeing as it's only an additional $5.

Deques

According to the release news it'll be a few days more, I think, there's no date in it except "soon". Pray tell, what store retails this for half the price?

Two Swedish retail stores: Elgiganten and Webhallen. The game cost around 200 SEK. That's around that's around $28 or €20, which would be half the price in euro if the game costs €40 in Europe

derFeef

My guess is "something." Probably a digital soundtrack.

Seriously though, why announce a LCE if you don't even tell people what's in it?

According to registry-leak the audio/video commentary is in. I suspect the OST, making of's, the book etc. will also be there in digital form.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any UK GAFers around? I wouldn't mind snagging Kingdoms of Amalur for AUD~$44. (I have no idea if anybody on Steam friends list is in the UK. :p) Edit: Never mind!

My guess is "something." Probably a digital soundtrack.

Seriously though, why announce a LCE if you don't even tell people what's in it?

I do agree that it's rather strange to announce an LCE so close to release, yet still be undecided on the exact bundled extras. If I had to guess, said edition will contain digital versions of the X360 CE extras.

Edit: b10.

Edit 2: This relatively old Half-Life x Portal fan art is nice (click for full size; the bottom image is wallpaper-friendly):

You have doomed us all.

Congratulations!

You know what sucks? When you want to spend some money, but you can't find anything to buy. Tax money is burning a hole in my pocket. I'm browsing my wishlist, and I'm tempted to buy that Jurassic Park game. Would that be really stupid of me? I love the movies and anything dinosaur related...

It has realistic jeep damage. I would pick it up for $5 or less, but only because I fucking love Jurassic Park. And dinosaurs.

Gotham City Imposters requires a WB account in addition to a GFWL account. o_O

*scratches off list*

mxgt

Banned
Gotham City Impostors is a fun game. Looks nice on PC and a shit load of customisation.

Problem is it uses 2 different account systems and it's hard to find a match on PC. At least it was a few hours ago when I last played.

svegis

Two Swedish retail stores: Elgiganten and Webhallen. The game cost around 200 SEK. That's around that's around $28 or €20, which would be half the price in euro if the game costs €40 in Europe

Thank you very much, very interesting! You wouldn't happen to know if this was a timed promo? Doesn't seem to be anything on their respective pages for the game.

jediyoshi

Congratulations!
Gratzi, been having a ball with it.

Thanks for the heads up, they also have the Space Marine Dreadnaught DLC up, just nabbed it for 3.49€. I can confirm it's not region locked, shows up fine in my american purchased Space Marine. The key also shows up immediately after purchasing.

List of the rest of their available specials
http://store.thq.com/store/thq/es_ES/list&parentCategoryID=&categoryID=39206600&resultsPerPage=35

la_briola

jediyoshi

strange... I still got nothing :/

now 90 minutes.
Email doesn't contain the keys strangely enough, at least in mine. The last part of the email (ran through google translate) is this
If your order contains downloadable products, you can complete the download by following the link information. When the order summary, click the download link next to the name of the product. If your order contains physical products will receive a separate e-mail notification when making the shipment.

To find your order, visit: www.findmyorder.com
Just tried it on my order, found it fine.

deduce

Sorry my Spanish is rusty, but does it say if you buy Saints Row 3 from THQ they throw in the Season Pass? That might push me to buy it.

Chesskid1

Banned
http://www.coffeestainstudios.com/competition.html

Sanctum 2 survey -- fill it out and they'll hook you up with the The Slums: DLC for sanctum 1.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

IndieRoyale Valentine's preorders up

You can now blind pre-order Indie Royale's Valentine's Bundle at a recommended €/£/$10 or €/£/$5 USD contribution, and a minimum of $3.99 USD.

The games offered this time include a fantastical first-person action-adventure game (Steam for PC), an IGF-nominated puzzle adventure title (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC and Linux, DRM-free PC, Mac and Linux download), a 'scorching' single and multiplayer arcade-strategy game (Steam for PC and Mac), and a world premiere on PC for a pair of retro RPG-defense games (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download).

Those who optionally pre-order now will get game access as soon as the bundle launches, lock in the lowest price, and receive as a bonus One Life Left's eclectic 'Music To Play Games By Too' compilation, available for the first time ever digitally (this bonus is also available to those who pay more than the minimum price during the bundle.)

The Valentine's Bundle will launch fully later this week at $3.99 USD and up - watch our Twitter feed or Facebook page for immediate notice at launch time.

and waiting for skyrim to update today, haven't gotten around to playing it so hopefully the Hi res textures rumor is true!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Elder Scrolls sale eh? I have a coupon for Oblivion GOTY I need to use and also want Morrowing GOTY. Would be amazing to get both for under 15.

lfvgt

Neo Member
^C'mon!

The games offered this time include a fantastical first-person action-adventure game (Steam for PC), an IGF-nominated puzzle adventure title (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC and Linux, DRM-free PC, Mac and Linux download), a 'scorching' single and multiplayer arcade-strategy game (Steam for PC and Mac), and a world premiere on PC for a pair of retro RPG-defense games (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download).

Definitely Hoard. Not sure about the other ones though.

Alright let's see if this can work.
Since we have 3 weeks and a day left till all our coupons expire. I made a google spreadsheet where we can list our coupons and gaf names for convenience
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AijDZ6OkKcB9dFF1TnI2b3J2dGQ3UlZrRHRrLUJSSmc

If anyone has any ways to improve the list. Go ahead.

Edit: Tried making everything fit more in the list. And I'll make sure to make a copy of the spreadsheet every night in case anything happens.

Chesskid1 said:
Given that there were supposedly two world premieres but they only list one, and that the bundle is out the same day as Dear Esther, I think that's the FPA.
Yeah, I wish :(

The IGF-nomintated puzzle adventure could be Lume, and the third one could be Hoard as you guys said. I loved the Hoard demo on PS3 and I've been this close to buy both Lume and Hoard a couple of times, so if those are the games this suddendly transforms in my favourite Indie Royale yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom