• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
One of my favourite early Morrowind moments was always stumbling into Ghostgate as a low level character, find racks and racks of glass equipment, camp behind the door and try DESPERATELY, normally involving tons of quick saves/quick loads, to steal equipment without being caught. AWWW YEAH, feels good.

Blizzard

Banned
One of my favourite early Morrowind moments was always stumbling into Ghostgate as a low level character, find racks and racks of glass equipment, camp behind the door and try DESPERATELY, normally involving tons of quick saves/quick loads, to steal equipment without being caught. AWWW YEAH, feels good.
But isn't using quick saves and quick loads cheating to bypass the theft system? Burn the witch! :p

vall03

wow! I thought Oblivion was highly regarded here, didn't know people hated it instead. Oh well, the level-scaling never bother me to be honest, to each his own I guess...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Hell yeah. I would cast mark before, then cast recall to teleport away and sell that shit to Creeper the Scamp for full price.

wow! I thought Oblivion was highly regarded here, didn't know people hated it instead. Oh well, the level-scaling never bother me to be honest, to each his own I guess...

It's just my perspective. Plenty of people here love Oblivion.

I would say Skyrim is up there for being an amazing game but yeah both Skyrim and Oblivion can't hold a candle to Morrowind. Vvardenfell is an amazing place to get lost in. And like you said no level scaling makes the game seem more rewarding for exploring dungeons.

Assuming this isn't hyperbole, I'm now very tempted to buy Morrowind. But I can't get around the fact that it is 10 dollars.

So much fun. So much fun... This is very tempting to pick up now, just for the memories.

Assuming this isn't hyperbole, I'm now very tempted to buy Morrowind. But I can't get around the fact that it is 10 dollars.

I don't think so. Skyrim is fantastic and Oblivion is good but the landscape of Vvardenfall was so much fun to explore. It does look a little dated but mods will get around that, but the areas were so unique to me my first time exploring them it was fantastic. Even without my nostalgia glasses on I say its a better game then Skyrim.

Edit: Damn doublepost...

The new Steam update is out. I'm not sure how the Workshop works though.

FU6CV.jpg

Joe Molotov

Looks like they're not going to put the Gotcha Money Imposters DLC on the main page. Good, now we don't have to look at 20 entries for XP Boosts and Premium Cards.

Derrick01

Banned

It is the best ES game ever.

Also Oblivion has far better quests than Skyrim, so much so that it's quite embarrassing for Bethesda. Everything else may be better in Skyrim, I don't know, but that part alone makes Oblivion more fun to play to me (since they both have egregious amounts of level and loot scaling)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Modding Oblivion is such a pain in the ass. I swear it took like 20 hours to get it all to work and all I got in the end was a really bland Skyrim.

catabarez

Does anyone know where I can find the files for the Morrowind Overhaul mod? Some of the files were hosted only on Megaupload on the website.

confused

Banned
Looks like the Euorgamer50 code no longer works on THQ's website. I knew I should've jumped on Space Marine last night. Fucking sleep always cost me good deals.

Aaron

Morrowind is the best because you can actually explore and discover things, while Oblivion is full of leveled item lists and procedurally generated dungeons. Also, there are still new Morrowind mods coming out to this day. There's plenty of stuff you can do to make the game look and run great, but mods only patch over Oblivion's flaws and can't fix its core issues. I've still put a lot of hours into both games, but Oblivion was more fun to break than actually play.

Sarcasm

How big is morrowind as in file space? Also should run better than oblivion right? I have a 25% coupon which makes it 7 bucks.

confused

Banned
iAlCNtrbRQlFS.png

Is it wrong that this bothers me :(

Can a man get some consistency?!

That kind of shit pisses me off, too. If I take the effort to collect a full series of games, at least have them list the same and in fucking chronological order (Looking at you POP and Tomb Raider.)

Edit : Decided to bite on Space Marine for 10 euro's anyway. Should be worth about that for a playthrough, right ? Also, i won't have any of the above because it's my only warhammer title.

Does anyone else see Dungeon Defenders as a free game in the Steam frontpage? Once you go to the game's page it still costs 12€, but I've updated the frontpage five times and it stills says that is free ("Gratuito" is free in Spanish):

hnOh8.png

I also got Space Marine thanks to a trade. Is any of the DLC worth it?

confused

Banned
Does anyone else see Dungeon Defenders as a free game in the Steam frontpage? Once you go to the game's page it still costs 12€, but I've updated the frontpage five times and it stills says that is free ("Gratuito" is free in Spanish):

hnOh8.png

Same here in Holland.

MRORANGE

hnOh8.png

Same here in Holland.

same in US... Says free but follow link its 14.99

might be a free weekend trial or something.

Sarcasm

Well steam is not letting me buy Morrowind. Which means I need to contact support and wait til the sale is over for a reponse.

Also need to contact my bank, but it is hard since different country. (Its USA)

What are the general fixes for screen tearing? I seem to get it in games even with Vsync on.

I'm using an ATI card if that information is somehow useful.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
What are the general fixes for screen tearing? I seem to get it in games even with Vsync on.

I'm using an ATI card if that information is somehow useful.
Drop settings until you can keep a locked framerate that's equal to your refresh rate. If you still get screen tearing then it's time to start looking into a new GPU.

1-D_FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom