• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulc84

Banned
Hey Everyone!
After a few weeks I just got in the forum, and to celebrate with my first post.
Will give a few steam keys:

Larva Mortus
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Scratches - Director's Cut
Greed: Black Border
Space Trader: Merchant Marine
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Vigil: Blood Bitterness
Tank Universal

IF you want anyone quote this with your choice (2 max per person please) and I'll PM it to you.
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World Pacific Storm ?

Joe Molotov

Indie Bundle Stars keeps scraping the bottom of that barrel for more crap that's been in a million bundles before:

wkXQIDm.jpg

Hey Everyone!

Larva Mortus
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Tank Universal

IF you want anyone quote this with your choice (2 max per person please) and I'll PM it to you.

Tank Universal please?

Hey Everyone!

Larva Mortus
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Tank Universal

Crash time 2?

Edit : beaten :(

I wanted to recreate the Giant Bomb quick look, lol

"Crash Time, fool, BLAOW! "

Hey Everyone!

Larva Mortus
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Tank Universal

May I acquire:
?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know if the Fez 720p letterbox hullabaloo was ever addressed by Fish, however it seems that the game is only letterboxed in cinematic mode; during gameplay the entire screen is filled. Here are a couple of screenshots Alien8 uploaded to Steam that illustrate the difference:

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't know if the Fez 720p letterbox hullabaloo was ever addressed by Fish, however it seems that the game is only letterboxed in cinematic mode; during gameplay the entire screen is filled. Here are a couple of screenshots Alien8 uploaded to Steam that illustrate the difference:

It seems to be based on resolution. Renaud said the black bars show up for everything that isn't 720p, 1080p and 1440p.

https://twitter.com/renaudbedard/status/328562536221908994

This means that the game natively supports 720p, 1080p and 1440p. The rest is letterboxed and/or pillarboxed.

HoosTrax

Speaking of Papers Please, out of curiosity, did anyone else ever play the game Floor 13? Might be worth checking for you guys who haven't.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So minerva is pretty good.

Wish it stayed in my library though to remind me it exists when I uninstalled it.

Yeah I can see why everyone was calling it "Valve quality", the shooting was pretty well paced and the exploration was tightly packed to get around the source map size limits. Dat vertical space.

If you guys fancy HL2 at all you gotta play it.

Yeah I can see why everyone was calling it "Valve quality", the shooting was pretty well paced and the exploration was tightly packed to get around the source map size limits. Dat vertical space.

If you guys fancy HL2 at all you gotta play it.

I can easily see why he works at Valve now.

You could have switched parts of Minerva out with parts of hl2 and no one would have noticed, and it was made by one guy!

JaseC

Minerva's re-release affords me the perfect opportunity to play Half-Life 2 without technically breaking the promise I made to myself that I wouldn't play through the series again until Episode Three/Half-Life 3 is on the horizon.

I will say it's been a few years since I last played HL2 and it's episodes and Minerva showed me again how much both the games and more importantly the way I play them have changed. I died at some point and the checkpoint was a good 5 minutes behind me. I sighed and in the back of my head thought about it was going to be one of those games.

Then a minute later it all came flooding back to me.

Had it really been that long since I had played a game with quick saving and quick loading? Must have been. Obviously makes it ten times better.

Kifimbo

Hey Everyone!

Larva Mortus
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Tank Universal

Larva Mortus. If you already gave it, I'll take Space Trader: Merchant Marine. Thanks.

JaseC

I need to go through my inbox and skim the indie bundles I've bought. Most of them were purchased simply due to the possibility of a Steam key in the event that an included game or two are greenlit and so I didn't think to make note of the keys.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The soundtrack released today.

Edit: b10.
This is bullshit. I pre-ordered the game for $8.99, and buying the soundtrack now costs $6.99, which would make the complete version (game + soundtrack) $15.98. Meanwhile, those who didn't pre-order it can get the Soundtrack Edition for $14.99, which is 99 cents cheaper than if they had pre-ordered it.

This I don't like, don't like it at all. Also, just had a crash to desktop in Fez.

I got my first FEZ crash to desktop.
Guess I'm not the only one, then.

fleck0

I've never heard of the series but Mini Motor Racing Evo seems interesting, the controls look nice and slidey kind of like Renegade Ops. It also says it has cross-platform multliplayer but doesn't specify what platforms that refers to.

edit: it's originally a phone game apparently, interest waning...

Joe Molotov

I've never heard of the series but Mini Motor Racing Evo's seems interesting, the controls look nice and slidey kind of like Renegade Ops. It also says it has cross-platform multliplayer but doesn't specify what platforms that refers to.

iOS, no doubt.

JaseC

This is bullshit. I pre-ordered the game for $8.99, and buying the soundtrack now costs $6.99, which would make the complete version (game + soundtrack) $15.98. Meanwhile, those who didn't pre-order it can get the Soundtrack Edition for $14.99, which is 99 cents cheaper than if they had pre-ordered it.

This I don't like, don't like it at all. Also, just had a crash to desktop in Fez.

Yeah, I would have waited for the Soundtrack Edition had I known it was coming.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have seen your thread, but I have not been invited in the group yet.
I believe I don't have permissions to invite people to the group, as far as I know only Salsa and Xelios can do it.

Yeah, I would have waited for the Soundtrack Edition had I known it was coming.
Me too, although I didn't know I would want the soundtrack back then when I pre-ordered it.

I honestly think the soundtrack should be discounted at least 2 or 3 bucks for a couple of days.

Blizzard

Banned
Cool, seems like there was not a need for worry about the resolution. I wonder if crashes are common given the post on the last page though.

Was the review build different? I feel almost certain that someone was posting about the review build and saying it was 720p only.

I agree with you bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom