• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa whoa whoa what the fuck some of us like to figure out the mystery of what's coming back up by ourselves!
Well played, I laughed for 5 straight seconds.

Sorry if I spoiled the length of my laughter to anybody. I'll let you discover the length of my
nose
for yourselves.

So no uPlay games work on my computer. As soon as I click 'play' they automatically crash with no error message. (Specs: Windows 7 64-bit, GTX 590, latest drivers). Every other game from every other company works. Just not uPlay-supported games. Any idea what the problem is?
Do you have Uplay installed and updated?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd love to send you a Steam code for Dust: An Elysian Tail when it hits, as a thank you for all your great notebook advice (still loving my Y580). Might need you to remind me, though.

And when will that be? ;)

Joe Molotov

It's gotten to the point where I'm not even sure if this is trolling or not anymore.

this is totally something stallion would post as a troll

Next Gen Trolling. It's so real, it's indistinguishable from an actual post.

I actually think Stallion did troll post that a few days ago.

Relax.MX

I was out the last 3 weeks ;( freaking job, i dont have time :( something special right now? something to waste my money? some bundle?

Joe Molotov

I was out the last 3 weeks ;( freaking job, i dont have time :( something special right now? something to waste my money? some bundle?

Sherlock Holmes is on sale. Here's a glowing review to tempt you:

tc5Yf8f.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
If you haven't played Fez and you like Cave Story style graphics, it is adorable. I just started playing it. The music is nice too.

The birds make me think of the AWW YISS bird too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you haven't played Fez and you like Cave Story style graphics, it is adorable. I just started playing it. The music is nice too.

The birds make me think of the AWW YISS bird too.
You know, from the screens I had seen, and Motherfucker Mike's (if you know the AVGN, he's a friend of him, appears in some of his videos and has some of his own; if you don't know him, this last sentence still holds true, but you will probably not know what I'm talking about) video review of it too, I didn't care much for the art style. But after actually playing it, I admit it's gorgeous.

Lots and lots of tiny details, everything feels right. Great game so far, apart from some technical problems.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The stump post was suspicious but then I saw Uiki's post, now when I'm playing it I'm gonna be waiting for something to happen when I think I'm at the end :/

Beth Cyra

So I just bought my first bundle, mainly for Two Worlds II and I've always wanted to torture myself with X-Blades, but one of the games says the key has already been used, how would I go about fixing this?

Can someone help me remember a game i'm thinking of? It's a kickstarter and involves building a ship. I think you start with a shipyard, build your ship, and then test it out. I don't remember how involved it got. I don't believe it's complete yet.

Sorry I don't have any more detail, but that's all I remember. I'm sure someone here knows the game i'm talking about.

Can someone help me remember a game i'm thinking of? It's a kickstarter and involves building a ship. I think you start with a shipyard, build your ship, and then test it out. I don't remember how involved it got. I don't believe it's complete yet.

Sorry I don't have any more detail, but that's all I remember. I'm sure someone here knows the game i'm talking about.

Possibly Leviathan: Warships? http://store.steampowered.com/app/202270/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

That's weird because I seem to remember pretending to like Far Cry 2 back in 2008.

Some people really liked it at launch and were very vocal about defending it. I also purchased it then...still haven't played it ;)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yea that happened when Far Cry 3 came out. People like to pretend it's some kind of "hardcore" shooter compared to 3.
The Mario Kart effect. Each new entry is a perversion of the series until the subsequent entry, at which point it becomes the last real Mario Kart.

So I just bought my first bundle, mainly for Two Worlds II and I've always wanted to torture myself with X-Blades, but one of the games says the key has already been used, how would I go about fixing this?

Does the bundle company have some form of customer support you can contact? Otherwise, you will probably have to contact Valve.

When you get a lot of prisoners in Prison Architect, it gets really difficult hah..

Why do they always go berserk?!

Realistic behavior simulation.

When you get a lot of prisoners in Prison Architect, it gets really difficult hah..

Why do they always go berserk?!
Are you giving them food, sleep, showers, breaks, telephones, tvs, and now family meetings? They follow the hierarchy of needs so you have to give em lots of crap or they start being dicks and breaking crap.

It's super annoying when you have one asshole who starts tearing up his bed and making tons of noise in the middle of the night. That wakes everyone else in the cell block up and then they're all pissy because they aren't getting sleep and so they might start breaking stuff and it's a real domino effect where it gets out of hand quickly.

Salsa

Yea that happened when Far Cry 3 came out. People like to pretend it's some kind of "hardcore" shooter compared to 3.

guess im "pretending" to like Far Cry 2 since it came out

and we've been down this road stallion!

The Mario Kart effect. Each new entry is a perversion of the series until the subsequent entry, at which point it becomes the last real Mario Kart.

no cause Mario Kart DS > Wii

I thought the thing with Mario Kart was everyone's favorite one was always the first one they played? I've never heard of this other thing.

Deques

New Gamersgate deals
  • Street Fighter x Tekken - 75%
  • Torchlight 2 - Steam - 66%
  • Sine Mora - Steam - 75%
  • Orcs must Die 2 - Steam - 75% Repeat
  • Darksiders 2 - Steam - 75%

New Gamersgate deals
  • Street Fighter x Tekken - 75%
  • Torchlight 2 - Steam - 66%
  • Sine Mora - Steam - 75%
  • Orcs must Die 2 - Steam - 75%
Orcs Must Die 2 was one of the daily deals yesterday. I believe Darksiders II will be the last daily today, as it has jumped to 75% off.

Pandemic

Does the bundle company have some form of customer support you can contact? Otherwise, you will probably have to contact Valve.

Realistic behavior simulation.

It's a pain :(

Are you giving them food, sleep, showers, breaks, telephones, tvs, and now family meetings? They follow the hierarchy of needs so you have to give em lots of crap or they start being dicks and breaking crap.

It's super annoying when you have one asshole who starts tearing up his bed and making tons of noise in the middle of the night. That wakes everyone else in the cell block up and then they're all pissy because they aren't getting sleep and so they might start breaking stuff and it's a real domino effect where it gets out of hand quickly.

Yeah true, it's hard to do all that in the beginning, since I want to build a large prison, yet it takes so long to construct everything before the first prisoners arrive, then as more arrive, the pressure mounts.

Deques

SFxT needs to be discounted on Steam again.
Capcom needs to discount their games more often in Steam

Every one of those games is great. Shame I already own them all.
All of them are great, and yes it's a shame that I also own them all, including Darksiders 2

Orcs Must Die 2 was one of the daily deals yesterday. I believe Darksiders II will be the last daily today, as it has jumped to 75% off.
Fixed

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[Amazon]

• Codemaster's Action Pack - $12.49
    • Clive Barkers Jericho ($2.49)
    • Damnation ($4.99)
    • Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins ($2.49)
    • Overlord 2 ($4.49)
    • Overlord Raising Hell ($4.99)
    • Overlord ($2.49)
    • Rise of the Argonauts ($4.49)

Deques

[Amazon]

• Codemaster's Action Pack - $12.49
    • Clive Barkers Jericho ($2.49)
    • Damnation ($4.99)
    • Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins ($2.49)
    • Overlord 2 ($4.49)
    • Overlord Raising Hell ($4.99)
    • Overlord ($2.49)
    • Rise of the Argonauts ($4.49)

Also a bunch of other Codemaster games are on sale

Complete list: (Stolen from CAG)
  • Damnation: $4.99
  • Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins: $2.49
  • Clive Barkers Jericho: $2.49
  • F1 2010: $12.49
  • Overlord: Raising Hell: $4.99
  • Dirt 2: $4.99
  • F1 Race Stars: $19.99
  • Rise of the Argonauts: $4.49
  • FUEL: $4.99
  • Hospital Tycoon: $2.49
  • Dirt 3: $8.49
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: $6.99
  • Overlord: $2.49
  • Grid: $6.99
  • F1 2011: $13.99
  • Overlord 2: $4.49
  • F1 2012: $19.99
  • Operation Flashpoint Red River: $6.99
  • Dirt Showdown: $9.99

Thanks yo, didn't see that!
*wink*

Jzero

Buying an Xbox 360 controller for use with Steam is one of the best decisions I've ever made. Should of done it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom