• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Interesting. So if I'm physically sitting at my PC and a game I preordered unlocks, I usually have to restart the entire Steam client to get it to show up. But if I'm using the remote Steam web interface, the unlocked game just shows up automatically on my profile and lets me install it. Hope they fix that eventually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cool, seems like there was not a need for worry about the resolution. I wonder if crashes are common given the post on the last page though.

Apparently the screen is filled only when the game is running at 720p, 1080p or 1440p:

It seems to be based on resolution. Renaud said the black bars show up for everything that isn't 720p, 1080p and 1440p.

https://twitter.com/renaudbedard/status/328562536221908994

This means that the game natively supports 720p, 1080p and 1440p. The rest is letterboxed and/or pillarboxed.

I imagine it couldn't be too hard to patch the game such that other 16:9 resolutions don't miss out and 16:10 resolutions just get horizontal black bars (a la the AssCreed games), but who knows if that'll happen.

Megasoum

Banned
Apparently screen is filled only when the game is running at 720p, 1080p or 1440p:

I imagine it couldn't be too hard to patch the game such that other 16:9 resolutions don't miss out and 16:10 resolutions just get horizontal black bars (a la the AssCreed games), but who knows if that'll happen.

Paging Durante

Are you...sure?
Fez has a few "fake" crashes...part of the story and you don't realize it until later...
Spoilers?
Fake crashes? This presents a wonderful opportunity to EA, after claiming that SimCity was an MMO now they can say those crashes were actually fake and intended as part of the story.

cicero

Fez crashed within four minutes. Nice.

How do we know that all of these crashes aren't just more hilarious nerd trolling by Phil Fish?

EDIT:
Apparently I was right, somewhat. Too bad I just spoilered the game for myself though.

AkuMifune

Banned
How do we know that all of these crashes aren't just more hilarious nerd trolling by Phil Fish?

I had an idea that Jonathan Blow and Phil Fish should join forces to create the most hated, pretentious indie label ever.

It even already has an easy name and logo!

images

Blowfish.

DagsJT

Are you...sure?
Fez has a few "fake" crashes...part of the story and you don't realize it until later...

Yep. Proper "Fez has stopped working etc", crash to desktop etc.

Booted it back up and fine since. Quite a nice little game although I can easily see myself getting stuck and confused soon enough.

FFS, it's all wrong tonight. Did the first tutorial mission on Blood Dragon, "Checkpoint reached" and quit the game. For some reason, "Checkpoint reached" doesn't seem to save the game in BD so back to the beginning now. Very frustrating.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Proper "Fez has stopped working etc", crash to desktop etc.

Booted it back up and fine since. Quite a nice little game although I can easily see myself getting stuck and confused soon enough.

FFS, it's all wrong tonight. Did the first tutorial mission on Blood Dragon, "Checkpoint reached" and quit the game. For some reason, "Checkpoint reached" doesn't seem to save the game in BD so back to the beginning now. Very frustrating.
Guess it's time to go watch a movie or something. Unless your DVD player explodes as soon as you turn it on :p

What if Phil Fish and Fez is just part of an eleborate ARG build-up to Metal Gear Solid 6 Half-Life 3? Have you ever met Phil Fish in person?
Fixed.

I think I'm going to buy Blade Symphony, the animations look kind of rough and the fact that it is third person are slightly turning me off though.

Anyone have any closed beta impressions?

Thanks

JustinBB7

I see Loadout is out now and is using the alpha thingy from Steam. I was in the beta (I guess it still is) and it's a fun little game! Can make your own weapons and there are a ton of options.

Chronoja

Might and Magic VI is on sale at Gamersgate.
£9.00

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-MMH6GE/might-and-magic-heroes-vi-gold-edition

Is it good? Is it the latest one?

I tried to play V, but it kicked my ass. Am I stupid and/or awful at videogames?

VI has a demo on steam, you should give it a shot. I hear it wasn't well received amongst fans of the series but the demo seemed enjoyable enough to me at least, I haven't managed to get into the series yet myself though so who knows, that might change by the time I do.

Wok

Took me about 8 hours to complete the game, which I thought was surprisingly decent for the price.

I guess the first half is the easy part, and the second half is twice to three times longer. I am not complaining, it is just I don't want the experience to end too quickly.

mileS

My connection to steam cuts out almost everyday around this time. I can still look around on the store but anything besides that I can't (friends, community, profile)

Wok

Half-way to what? To 100%?

LOL.

Just....wait XD

Okay, do not spoil it.
As I understand it, Phil Fish is a pure troll.
If this is what I imagine, he deserves some respect, he could be to videogames what Tarantino is to cinema, playing with tropes and references.

Okay, Phil would need to release more well-thought videogames before I should make such a strong statement.

Ok I really appreciate the efforts people go to prevent spoilers around here, but those aren't spoilers :p.

Also curse you steam right when I was about to find some game servers.

I think it's coming back up now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I really appreciate the efforts people go to prevent spoilers around here, but those aren't spoilers :p.

Also curse you steam right when I was about to find some game servers.

I think it's coming back up now.
Fixed. Some people like to discover when Steam is up by themselves.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Hey Everyone!
After a few weeks I just got in the forum, and to celebrate with my first post.
Will give a few steam keys:

Larva Mortus
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Scratches - Director's Cut
Greed: Black Border
Space Trader: Merchant Marine
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Vigil: Blood Bitterness
Tank Universal

IF you want anyone quote this with your choice (2 max per person please) and I'll PM it to you.
I'd like Greed: Black Border, sir.

Kevin

So no uPlay games work on my computer. As soon as I click 'play' they automatically crash with no error message. (Specs: Windows 7 64-bit, GTX 590, latest drivers). Every other game from every other company works. Just not uPlay-supported games. Any idea what the problem is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom