• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yeah I just finished Force Unleashed again, still really like that game. Shallow combat, but the havok engine + force grip redeems it.

I'll give Force Unleashed 2 a shot but I've heard so many bad things. Oh well.

Every single thing that FU2 does wrong the first game did wrong, so if you somehow managed to choke that down I guess you can somehow stomach the second.

Every single thing that FU2 does wrong the first game did wrong, so if you somehow managed to choke that down I guess you can somehow stomach the second.

Plus it is shorter, so it is easier to digest.

Having said that, I still found both fun....at a heavily discounted price.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Any comments on the games?

Tiny Bang Story is charming enough, a little hidden object/puzzle game with pretty hand-drawn art. I finished that one.

Have barely played Storm in a Teacup but it's a weird platformer where you collect sugar cubes.

cicero

Just a heads up for those who might not remember every indie game bought in bundles, Storm in a Teacup was just in the Groupees - Build a Bundle 5 back near the end of this March.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are you the real Jase? Prove it!

I bought this today:

whathaveidone3zpha.jpg

Name Your Own Price Adventure Bundle - ~$1.77 BTA. Thanks to 7extonly for the heads up.

Steam
  • Storm in a Cup
  • Tiny Bang Story
DRM-Free only
  • 4 Elements
  • Gardenscapes
  • Royal Envoy
  • The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic

Bought for Storm in a Teacup.

Any comments on the games?

4 Elements is really worth playing if you can stomach past the slight twee-ness of it. It is a match 3 game, but it is less a high score game and more focused on you progressing across this map and encountering and destroying different obstacles. Shame they don't give you a steam key for it (it is on steam).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I bought this today:

whathaveidone3zpha.jpg
OK, that's enough. Welcome back, real Jase!

You know, you didn't have to go the extra mile to prove it. Just a "Fuck you, it's me" would have done the trick. Did you really buy a book by Stephenie Meyer? Duuuude...

JaseC

OK, that's enough. Welcome back, real Jase!

You know, you didn't have to go the extra mile to prove it. Just a "Fuck you, it's me" would have done the trick. Did you really buy a book by Stephenie Meyer? Duuuude...

It wasn't planned! I happened upon it while shopping for a Mother's Day gift. And, yes, I did buy the actual novel... but I haven't read it and probably never will.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't planned! I happened upon it while shopping for a Mother's Day gift. And, yes, I did buy the actual novel... but I haven't read it and probably never will.
Wait for the daily deals on books!
Only buy them if they are 75% off or more.
It's quantity over quality.
Do not ever do a chargeback.

Do you think these tips are fine for the Barnes & Noble Summer Seal OT?

JaseC

Wait for the daily deals on books!
Only buy them if they are 75% off or more.
It's quantity over quality.
Do not ever do a chargeback.

Do you think these tips are fine for the Barnes & Noble Summer Seal OT?

Words to live by. B&N seems to have the one and only e-book version of the Companion, so I sure hope there's a sale! :p

JaseC

Is Uplay dead for anybody else? Far Cry 3 won't move beyond the "Game information is loading..." screen. The "Win" tab loads just fine, though.

Megasoum

Banned
So is there a way to get out of the infinite loop of Steam updates? It's getting really annoying.

And no I'm not in the steam beta.

JaseC

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates.

Can't tell you. I'd probably get fired if I tried playing something at work.

That's okay, through Far Cry 3's absence I have re-discovered how fun Just Cause 2 is.

mr. grape

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. The only keys I'm uncertain about are the first four; the rest should be unused. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Greed Corp
Hamlet
Bit.Trip Runner
Conquest of Elysium 3
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Tiny Troopers
Adam's Venture Complete
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
Post Mortem
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Scratches
Chrome + SpecForce
Monday Night Combat
Satazius
Shadowgrounds + Shadowgrounds Survivor
Zombie Driver HD + DLC + Soundtrack
Shank 2
Beat Hazard Complete
Beat Hazard
Tiny Bang Story

That's okay, through Far Cry 3's absence I have re-discovered how fun Just Cause 2 is.

I'd like Conquest of Elysium 3, thanks.

_PM

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. The only keys I'm uncertain about are the first three; the rest should be unused. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Greed Corp
Hamlet
Bit.Trip Runner
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Tiny Troopers
Adam's Venture Complete
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches
Chrome + SpecForce
Monday Night Combat
Satazius
Shank 2
Beat Hazard Complete
Beat Hazard
Tiny Bang Story

Bit.Trip Runner please?

EDIT: Thank you! Will try it after work.

sulc84

Banned
Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. The only keys I'm uncertain about are the first two; the rest should be unused. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Greed Corp
Hamlet
Bit.Trip Runner
Conquest of Elysium 3
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Tiny Troopers
Adam's Venture Complete
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches
Chrome + SpecForce
Monday Night Combat
Satazius
Shank 2
Beat Hazard Complete
Beat Hazard
Tiny Bang Story

Adam's Venture Complete ?

PriitV

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. The only keys I'm uncertain about are the first three; the rest should be unused. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Greed Corp
Hamlet
Bit.Trip Runner
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Tiny Troopers
Adam's Venture Complete
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches
Chrome + SpecForce
Monday Night Combat
Satazius
Shank 2
Beat Hazard Complete
Beat Hazard
Tiny Bang Story

Zombie Driver HD please? :)

Greed Corp
Bit.Trip Runner
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Adam's Venture Complete
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches
Chrome + SpecForce
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2
Beat Hazard Complete
Beat Hazard
Tiny Bang Story

Please? and thank you in advance! :)

KingKong

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. The only keys I'm uncertain about are the first two; the rest should be unused. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Greed Corp
Hamlet
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Tiny Troopers
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches
Chrome + SpecForce
Monday Night Combat
Satazius
Shank 2
Beat Hazard Complete
Beat Hazard
Tiny Bang Story

I'd like to try this, thanks :D

e: ty!

Deques

Greed Corp
Hamlet
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Tiny Troopers
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches
Chrome + SpecForce
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2
Beat Hazard Complete
Beat Hazard
Tiny Bang Story

Please and thanks :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

Greed Corp
Hamlet
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Tiny Troopers
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches
Chrome + SpecForce
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2
Beat Hazard Complete
Beat Hazard
Tiny Bang Story

Beat Hazard Complete. Thanks!

edit: worked fine, thanks again, Jase.

dreamfall

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. The only keys I'm uncertain about is the first one; the rest should be unused. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Post Mortem

Can I have Post Mortem? You're awesome for doing this!

Edit: Amazingness! Saoirse Ronan certified appreciation!

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. The only keys I'm uncertain about is the first one; the rest should be unused. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Greed Corp
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2
Beat Hazard

Is Beat Hazard still available? Thanks Jase!

factorone

Neo Member

Greed Corp
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Scratches
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2
Beat Hazard

Fireburst? Thanks!

GAMERG0D

Greed Corp
Vegas! Make it Big
Zombie Pirates
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Scratches
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2

Dead Pixels?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Greed Corp
Vegas! Make it Big
Zombie Pirates
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Scratches
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2

I'll take Shank 2 if its still available.

Blablurn

Greed Corp
Vegas! Make it Big
Zombie Pirates
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Scratches
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2

shank2 pls!!

So, I found an unused code for Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl on my Amazon account and I'm debating with myself whether I should redeem it or give/trade it away or something. So, anyone played it recently and knows if it still holds up?

I remember playing it years ago but I got stuck behind a table in a cabin or something and couldn't get the hell away from there so I just stopped playing it and never looked back. Maybe that was the wrong reaction though.

Greed Corp
Vegas! Make it Big
Zombie Pirates
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Scratches
Monday Night Combat
Shank 2

Greed Corp if its free?

Thanks, man!

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Vegas! Make it Big
Zombie Pirates
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Scratches
Monday Night Combat

Metal Drift please?

Chronoja

So, I found an unused code for Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl on my Amazon account and I'm debating with myself whether I should redeem it or give/trade it away or something. So, anyone played it recently and knows if it still holds up?

I remember playing it years ago but I got stuck behind a table in a cabin or something and couldn't get the hell away from there so I just stopped playing it and never looked back. Maybe that was the wrong reaction though.

Stalker with the Complete mods are some of the best gaming experiences out there but there's a ruthlessness to the gameplay that's not for everyone.

FauX

Greed Corp
Vegas! Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates
Dead Pixels
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Post Mortem
Scratches