• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Maint over.

13%205:34%20PM.png

How can I get a Dota code? Does it just send it to me in a message?
It will gift you the game if you add him and send him a request. Full instructions here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

It is.

Go search on the Gaf Dota thread if you have any doubts.

EDIT: or add me and i can give you one of my extra invites.

Niiga pliss.

Here are some more impressions of Receiver just if anyone is on the fence:

It's addicting and the perfect pop in pop out game to play, it's also very hard and at times frustrating. You have to collect 11 tapes and you die in 1 hit, so if you spent an hour finding 6 tapes, then die, you have to start over and the world is different every time.

7 hours and the most I've gotten any one time is 4 tapes, which makes it surprisingly deep for a $4 game.

Enco

The awkward moment at Valve when they realise nobody working there is responsible for turning the servers back on.

Now everybody is just hoping somebody else does it.

The awkward moment when you don't know what you're trying to accomplish and take a few years to add non compressed screenshots and bandwidth limiting.

HoosTrax

In retrospect, trying to buy something during the maintenance period was probably not a great idea. I got an e-mail confirmation about the purchase and there's an entry for it in my transactions list, but no money got deducted from my wallet and there's no game in my library.

Edit: Hmm, now the game got added to my library. No money deducted yet though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
ibm1UJwm7JpKAa.PNG

these guys always come off as so sad, I kinda feel bad

it's like some oliver twist shit
What did I just read?

To be honest, when I read "for metal" I pictured the guy as a metalhead, who's willing to take your hats to the sound of Iron Maiden, Metallica and all those other bands I hate.

You misunderstand: the kick in the nuts replaces the need for Serious Sam. It's the superior experience.
So if I ask Steam support to remove the games from my account I can redeem one of your famous kicks? Looks like we have a deal.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've been in negotiation with Valve to offer it as an upgrade available through the store, but they're literally the worst company in the world now because they didn't accept one indie game in a month where they accepted over 20 others, so they haven't gotten back to me.

Samyy

Im done with this shit, AOE 2 HD refuses to launch for me. The service says im offline even though I can access their store and I've reinstalled/restarted/done everything I could possibly find on the internet >=(

WHEN DID STEAM TURN TO SHIT

Joe Molotov

Im done with this shit, AOE 2 HD refuses to launch for me. The service says im offline even though I can access their store and I've reinstalled/restarted/done everything I could possibly find on the internet >=(

WHEN DID STEAM TURN TO SHIT

Gabe: what I could give you anything I have: ca free inadvertently give c

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
we need to figure this sentence out

inadvertently seems like too tough a word for his level of english there

it's like he copy/pasted some shit
I believe it was meant to be like this:

what I could give you anything I have :c a free inadvertently give c[he died and fell over the Enter key]

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I think so long as you keep your inventory set to private they can't find you through backpack indexers but i'm not entirely sure.

I stopped getting them so much after I sold off my earbuds.

Salsa

I dont mind really. Maybe someday someone will come along asking to buy something for real money and im up for that

other than that, they provide comedy

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I bought Left 4 Dead 2 so I could play with my wife and I'm wondering what Left 4 Dead 2 Beta is. Should I still download it?

It's not required to enjoy L4D2, just a side thing they have going which is kind of a testbed for ideas and a more robust mutations SDK.

Blizzard

Banned
Brutal Legend just got a patch, notes from the forum:
Hi everyone!

This thread is going to be the official update thread. In it, we here at Double Fine are going to try and keep everyone informed about the changes that are going into the updates. That way you can know about all the awesome stuff getting fixed and added to the Brutal Legend as well as when you should be expecting the next update.

**5/07/13 Patch**

• UI Fixes to the multiplayer lobber where you could not change factions
• Render optimizations
• Fixed a bug where the stage would disappear in the Sea of Black tears
• Matchmaking improvements

Of course, like every other game on Steam that's not by Valve, it doesn't have patch notes that show up in the game updates list. Whyyyyy! It looked like other people were asking the same thing. At this point I almost wonder if Valve broke something so people can't upload patch notes?

Sarcasm

Hey question about Last Light (Metro 2033), are you only able to get ranger mode with pre-order? Or can I wait for a sale. I plan to actually play this game since I enjoyed (mostly) 2033 (stupid library).

So in other words there are no update notes for non valve games.

Click the news button, or subscribe to the RSS, it lets you view every single patch notes for all games that choose to show it on steam.

They also pop up in detail view for all your games on their respective pages.

FYC

Banned
Yeah I just finished Force Unleashed again, still really like that game. Shallow combat, but the havok engine + force grip redeems it.

I'll give Force Unleashed 2 a shot but I've heard so many bad things. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom