• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Going by the article on RPS (detailing the demo release), sounds like Trials Evolution is going to be the weekend deal at 25% off.

Watevaman

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Zombie Pirates
Wasteland Angel
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Scratches
Monday Night Combat

That's okay, through Far Cry 3's absence I have re-discovered how fun Just Cause 2 is.

Nikopol please?

edit: got it, thanks JaseC!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are they that bad? I've ordered physical stuff from them in the past and that went fine. Was pretty long ago though.

I think I'm just still bitter over Lik-Sang closing down. They weren't any faster, but I like to think that Lik-Sang, in its dying breath, cursed Sony with the corporate-equivalent of Stephen King's Thinner gypsy curse. For that, I will always forsake all other import websites.

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Licenses + Subscriptions page doesn't list dates. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

Zombie Pirates
Wasteland Angel
Scratches
Monday Night Combat

That's okay, through Far Cry 3's absence I have re-discovered how fun Just Cause 2 is.
Zombie pirates please

l i s t

Do not want any of them, but GREAT of you to do !! TNXX :)

I'm having some trouble running SSFIVAE through Steam. I keep getting a Fatal Error occurred and crashes. I googled to see if I could find a workaround, and some people said it was that I needed GFWL installed. I did that, and I still can't run the game. I've tried running as an Admin and running in compatibility mode, and nothing.

I'm on Windows 8, if it matters.

1-D_FTW

Checked out the demo on Trials (played the beta quite a while ago). I'm gonna need more than 25 percent off in its current state. It's a real shame the port is of such poor quality. Red Lynx announced this game like a year before its release. How it could ship without a silky smooth framerate is a real shame. I'm pretty sure it's awful frame latency more than anything for me.

Got an 50% off coupon to Duke Nukem 3d if anyone wants it. It says tradable so I think I need to trade it to gift it(?). (I don't need anything in return)

What is kinda funny, is how long it's valid.

(Valid until [date]1372661940[/date])

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Got an 50% off coupon to Duke Nukem 3d if anyone wants it. It says tradable so I think I need to trade it to gift it(?). (I don't need anything in return)

What is kinda funny, is how long it's valid.

Yep. You'll notice, when browsing your inventory, that coupons have only the "View applicable games" option.

Edit: Last Light's imminent release completely slipped my mind. I really ought to smash through 2033.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, don't shoot the messenger:)

The RPS article states it begins tomorrow and lasts through Monday. And price goes down to 12 (15.99 normal price in UK).

Sounds about right for UBi, though.
I wasn't telling you personally to get out, it was just an expression!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
oh this looks like fun maybe i'll gi....

lolnope

From Dust is a pretty terrible god game anyways, almost no freedom to do anything until you get to the last level and then it gets boring fast. The PC port is full on atrocious too, 30FPS lock with physics calculations tied to framerate so if you unlock it the game goes fucking bonkers, controls are just some emulated 360 pad shit on KBAM... avoid at all costs. A real shame that this had to come from Chahi. :(

Forgot I had a Steam key lying around.

Shank 2

Oh wow, just thought I would try it and it was not yet taken.

Thanks PepsimanVsJoe! Been curious about this game since I heard it being discussed on the gamerswithjobs podcast and they really seemed to like it.

Gonna go round up my 360 controller and start it up.

JaseC

Apparently, I have a ghost for a friend!

ggggghostdkzlq.jpg

Is anyone else's game count inexplicably going up in the last few days? The actual Library/All Games number.

It added +3 this week alone, without me redeeming or buying anything or any free weekend type promos I'm aware of.

Firebrand

I'm having some trouble running SSFIVAE through Steam. I keep getting a Fatal Error occurred and crashes. I googled to see if I could find a workaround, and some people said it was that I needed GFWL installed. I did that, and I still can't run the game. I've tried running as an Admin and running in compatibility mode, and nothing.

I'm on Windows 8, if it matters.
Do other GFWL games work? If the error references xlive.dll, make sure the service "Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant" is running.

Tomodachi

Me likes From Dust. It's not your typical God game, it's mission based and even when it gets open-ended it's very limited and small but the little it does is amazing.

If you can get over 30fps lock, terrible mouse+keyboard controls (use a 360 pad) and fucking uPlay, get it.

I think I made a mistake getting Borderlands 2.

I don't remember the "dungeons" being this is frustrating in the original for one thing. I'd clear an area of enemies and then a minute later more would spawn while I'm trying to open chests/sift through loot. At one point I thought I cleared everything and went to do a bit of shopping. I ended up getting blindsided by a couple badasses.

Everything also seems to do a lot more damage. Thrown objects by those four-armed beasts take me from full health + shields to nearly dead. It's still really early in the game so I can't understand why that is.

The melee mechanics are also spotty which is really frustrating. Getting whacked by enemies that look to be a good few feet away is obnoxious, and attempting to create space seems to do absolutely nothing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Me likes From Dust. It's not your typical God game, it's mission based and even when it gets open-ended it's very limited and small but the little it does is amazing.

If you can get over 30fps lock, terrible mouse+keyboard controls (use a 360 pad) and fucking uPlay, get it.

30FPS is killing me.

Sysgen

I think I made a mistake getting Borderlands 2.

I don't remember the "dungeons" being this is frustrating in the original for one thing. I'd clear an area of enemies and then a minute later more would spawn while I'm trying to open chests/sift through loot. At one point I thought I cleared everything and went to do a bit of shopping. I ended up getting blindsided by a couple badasses.

Everything also seems to do a lot more damage. Thrown objects by those four-armed beasts take me from full health + shields to nearly dead. It's still really early in the game so I can't understand why that is.

The melee mechanics are also spotty which is really frustrating. Getting whacked by enemies that look to be a good few feet away is obnoxious, and attempting to create space seems to do absolutely nothing.

The re-spawning is more prevalent in one particular area early in the game. Actually it is awful there. Rest of the game is reasonable. Melee is fine. Went through the game with Zero and a melee build. YMMV

BrianD

Neo Member
Is anyone else's game count inexplicably going up in the last few days? The actual Library/All Games number.

It added +3 this week alone, without me redeeming or buying anything or any free weekend type promos I'm aware of.
Yes, War of the Roses and Left 4 Dead 2 both got a new beta entry in my library.

JaseC

Through meticulous research, I have ascertained that the following guides aren't on Steam AU: Skyrim, AssCreed Revelations, Rage, Dead Island, Hunted: The Demon's Forge and AssCreed Brotherhood. The games themselves are present, so the guides not joining them is strange (and annoying).

being banned over a stupid misunderstanding was so frustrating

I guess that's what I get for trolling Borderlands in every thread

He's back! Get him!

tumblr_mkziy9al961r2sgxal2.gif

yo ea i want to give you money for need for speed the run

I kindasorta want Most Wanted 2012. I've played through it with a mate -- twice -- and have the faint desire to play through it again, on the PC. I may pick it up on Origin when it hits <$10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom