• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
looks alright, but I'll hold on it. I didn't like BiB as much as everyone else.

well spanish is my first language so I don't mispronounce juarez like all you silly foreigners

Aren't you from Argentina, where they pronounce words with "ll" as "sh?"

Native language or not, you don't get to tell people they're pronouncing it wrong.

Also, I think most culturally-aware people in the U.S. pronounce Juarez correctly.

Does anyone want to go in on a two copy of Don't Starve? It would be $11.25 each, which saves $3.75. I can host.

I watched TotalBiscuit's "WTF Is..." on it, and it got me pretty interested.

zkylon

zkylewd

Native language or not, you don't get to tell people they're pronouncing it wrong.

also, I think most culturally-aware people in the U.S. pronounce Juarez correctly

damn you

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
looks alright, but I'll hold on it. I didn't like BiB as much as everyone else.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to get it cheap enough in the steam summer sale in a few months. I love my western games so I can't help myself :) Regardless i'm near enough certain it won't be anywhere as bad as that piece of shit The Cartel.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to get it cheap enough in the steam summer sale in a few months. I love my western games so I can't help myself :) Regardless i'm near enough certain it won't be anywhere as bad as that piece of shit The Cartel.
not much of a risky bet you're making, isn't it?

personally I enjoyed some elements of BiB, like the story and overall gameplay, but many things felt disjointed and annoying. can't even remember which, it's just the feeling that's remained in my head

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
not much of a risky bet you're making, isn't it?

personally I enjoyed some elements of BiB, like the story and overall gameplay, but many things felt disjointed and annoying. can't even remember which, it's just the feeling that's remained in my head

Absolutely it isn't because I'm pretty confident I'll end up really enjoying Gunslinger :) Price is right too. I'm a bit sad there's no multiplayer due to absolutely loving BiB's multi but it's a cheap, downloadable game so can't complain too much.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Also, I think most culturally-aware people in the U.S. pronounce Juarez correctly.
Llut up!

I pronounce it Fwah-rez. Is that right?

naib

Shift 2 bought!

Crap. Tages.
I'm way too impulsive.

Edit again, it gets better.
Looks like you have to install the origin version to get the MP to play right with other origin only users.
You can use your steam key to grab it on origin, but damn.

It's "Joo-ares."

If you need anymore help with Spanish pronunciation, I'll be back after eating my fuh-jeye-tuh.

Eating what?

vegeta-13zuuu3.jpg

But thanks, nowhere near as fun though. Incidentally the same preorder bundle is up on Nuuvem for a couple of dollars cheaper.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm feeling so lonely and bored. Gonna take a look at the Steam store, and check if there's something new over there.

GyJRoXk.jpg

Whoa, 8 notifications? Maybe people realized that I exist! I wonder if they are friend requests, comments on my screenshots or surprise gifts from a random good person... I don't know, I'm so excited! Looks like people like me after all!

X3SBe6i.jpg

Yeah, maybe not. But still, can't beat free games! Or is it coupons for something interesting? There's only one way to find out.

dkq6eQm.jpg

Can someone please kill me now? Thanks.

Kerub

Banned
I noticed there's a section for CS:GO in the community market. Could it be a sign of upcoming item drops in counter strike?

EDIT - Now it dissapeared. Might just be Steam acting up for me.

I noticed there's a section for CS:GO in the community market. Could it be a sign of upcoming item drops in counter strike?

EDIT - Now it dissapeared. Might just be Steam acting up for me.

Nah it has been there for a while and you can still see the category:

stillthereauu6k.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't stop feeling bad about what happened before. Gabe has a sick sense of humor. EIGHT Dota 2 invites, really?

RE9nYit.jpg

What the... Oh man, no, please not again! I wonder how many crappy Dota 2 invites I got this time, looks like just one.

dXZDBGT.jpg

Wait a minute, it says "gift", not "item in my inventory". Could it be...? Nah, Gabe is probably laughing at me from his home.

8JtzKA6.jpg

Why is there an extra window opened on Steam? I'll check it out, I have nothing to lose at this point.

b4s9Es2.jpg

Oh man, I just... I'm so... I can't... That's really... Thank you Dreamfall, thank you! I WILL enjoy that goodness, can't beat 80's atmosphere and cyborgs.

<3

PS: I still have 8 Dota 2 invites, if anyone wants them. I can also give away the Duke Nukem 3D (50% off) and Serious Sam 3 (75% off) coupons, though I think Morningbus has a better deal on the latter (his groin kicks are legendary, don't pass on them).

jdavid459

Any unique/exciting multiplayer centric games releasing soon or that someone could reccommend? really bored with the games I have, and my backlog is all single player games...really want an addictive new multiplayer game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Blood Dragon is amazing. I hope you get to it one day.
Of course! I had it on my wishlist, as it looked cool as fuck. I was planing on finishing Fez (gave up on it) and giving Dark Souls another try (will have to wait now), and at the same time play a few games on 3DS (Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts), but I finally settled on the PC port of Metal Gear Solid 2, which I hated in the past after less than 30 minutes on both attempts I had made combined. And now that I've played a few hours of it, I must admit I'm loving the hell out of it.

Once I'm done with it, I'll jump straight to Blood Dragon. And the 3DS games too, when I don't feel like sitting on the PC or it's being used.

I'm sure Stallion Free and morningbus would love those coupons; you should totally PM them.
And maybe also buy a copy of Borderlands 2 and gift it to Glass Rebel, he probably has some nice words to say about it :p

Got 20 a few minutes ago. Gaben doesn't love you.
:(

Why Gabe, why? What did I do wrong? (apart from buying a 3DS and not spending that money on Steam, I mean)

Not a steam game but Neptune's Pride 2 is the best multiplayer game I've played this year. It's basically a simple RTS slowed down to the point where it takes multiple hours to move a unit but the extended timescale means you have time to think about your moves and talk to nearby players to form alliances and whatnot but because it's still in real time, you still are pressures to execute faster than everyone else (even if it means waking up in the middle of the night to do so).Games last a few weeks though so it mightn't be the kind of game you're looking for. Still, everyone should check it out.

KarmaCow

Wait when QUBE DLC come out, anyone try it? I'm kinda worried looking at the achievements when it has stuff like "collect 1000 pickups" or "turn on the game 500 times" garbage.

Not a steam game but Neptune's Pride 2 is the best multiplayer game I've played this year. It's basically a simple RTS slowed down to the point where it takes multiple hours to move a unit but the extended timescale means you have time to think about your moves and talk to nearby players to form alliances and whatnot but because it's still in real time, you still are pressures to execute faster than everyone else (even if it means waking up in the middle of the night to do so).Games last a few weeks though so it mightn't be the kind of game you're looking for. Still, everyone should check it out.

Is this the game they were discussing on idle thumbs a couple of weeks ago? It sounded really neat the way they described it (deliberately making fake moves to confuse your opponents and all).

morningbus

I'm sure Stallion Free and morningbus would love those coupons; you should totally PM them.
You joke, but I will actually take the Serious Sam coupon if it works in conjunction with the current sale and if RionaaM is willing to give it up.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
You joke, but I will actually take the Serious Sam coupon if it works in conjunction with the current sale and if RionaaM is willing to give it up.

Mine doesn't work. Says it can't be applied with other discounts.

morningbus

Mine doesn't work. Says it can't be applied with other discounts.
Really? Are you sure you're not from the future and are just trying to prevent the quickening or reality folding in on itself or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom