• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Are you sure you're not from the future and are just trying to prevent the quickening or reality folding in on itself or something?
I'm from the present, and I can say I have no idea if it works with the current sale or not. Want it anyway?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm from the present, and I can say I have no idea if it works with the current sale or not. Want it anyway?

Nah, it's cool. I have plans for the game, but if I can't get it below $5, it's not real to me, therefore it does not exist.

Chronoja

Really? Are you sure you're not from the future and are just trying to prevent the quickening or reality folding in on itself or something?

As a time traveler I can concur with those who said it does not apply, tried it earlier and it didn't work.

Should note, it's not the case with all coupons, I have a Forge 75% off coupon and it applied last week while Forge was on sale.

gdt

I'm so in love with Far Cry 3 at the moment. 11 hours in. Assaulting bases is so much fun. Gives me a Crysis 1 vibe. And I love that hunting gives you immediate, tangible rewards. I'm like halfway ish done with crafting all my packs and shit, I imagine it won't be so much fun after I'm done.

I got Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider (2013) and BioShock Infinite for $30. I skimmed through the Infinite PC Performance Thread and noticed some people still having issues with the game and hoping for a patch. Is it alright to play yet or should I wait for a patch first? I can play through TR and H:A first, but eager to play Infinite.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider (2013) and BioShock Infinite for $30. I skimmed through the Infinite PC Performance Thread and noticed some people still having issues with the game and hoping for a patch. Is it alright to play yet or should I wait for a patch first? I can play through TR and H:A first, but eager to play Infinite.

Supposedly a patch which addresses at least some of the stuttering has been submitted to 2K's QA department and is "part way through test", but the tweet is dated almost two weeks ago, so who knows when (or even if) the update will be released. I'd work your way through one of the other games first and see if the patch finds its way out the door by the time you're ready to jump into BioInf.

Is the stuttering really an issue that detracts from the overall experience? I only play at 60fps anyway, nothing above that. I've dealt with stuttering in Deus Ex: HR, Sleeping Dogs and Borderlands 2, is the stuttering in Infinite worse than those games?

xJavonta

Banned
Is the stuttering really an issue that detracts from the overall experience? I only play at 60fps anyway, nothing above that. I've dealt with stuttering in Deus Ex: HR, Sleeping Dogs and Borderlands 2, is the stuttering in Infinite worse than those games?

I didn't notice it, too immersed in the game

derExperte

When it happens, it can get bad. I still played through the game and enjoyed it but apparently for some the game becomes unplayable in certain situations. It's a gamble. And inexcusable that there's no patch after over a month.

Smash88

Banned
bivFaG6.jpg

ME TOO GAIS! CAN I HAVE A FREE GAME TOO?

I'm just kidding by the way.

Not sure if its been mentioned but the Dunwall city trials dlc for Dishonored is currently $2.49 (50% off) on GMG. Unfortunately you can't use the 20% coupon the further reduce it.

JaseC

Not sure if its been mentioned but the Dunwall city trials dlc for Dishonored is currently $2.49 (50% off) on GMG. Unfortunately you can't use the 20% coupon the further reduce it.

GMG has been rather stingy about that lately. It didn't work on the Skyrim DLC, either.

Edit: That said, it could just be a Bethesda thing.

GMG has been rather stingy about that lately. It didn't work on the Skyrim DLC, either.

Edit: That said, it could just be a Bethesda thing.

Yeah its strange, at first I thought it was just a dlc thing. But I bought the latest dlc as well and the 20% coupon worked on that. So maybe they're stopping double dipping on the already reduced dlc. I guess the margins on them is pretty small.

cicero

Not a steam game but Neptune's Pride 2 is the best multiplayer game I've played this year. It's basically a simple RTS slowed down to the point where it takes multiple hours to move a unit but the extended timescale means you have time to think about your moves and talk to nearby players to form alliances and whatnot but because it's still in real time, you still are pressures to execute faster than everyone else (even if it means waking up in the middle of the night to do so).Games last a few weeks though so it mightn't be the kind of game you're looking for. Still, everyone should check it out.
RPS has a really nice series covering one epic several weeks long battle in the original Neptune's Pride, "Neptune’s Pride: The Complete Epic". New coverage of Neptune's Pride 2 here.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[Amazon]
[Humble Double Fine Bundle]

• $1.00+
    • Costume Quest
    • Psychonauts
    • Stacking
  • $7.92+
    • Brutal Legend
[Indiegala Store]

[Gamefly] (possibly US only for Valve games) - use code GFDMAY20 for 20% off

[Gamestop]
[GMG] - Use code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA for an additional 20% off
[Bundle Stars]

• Indie Jam - $6.47
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $5.09
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to feel that Xelios secretly wants us to buy more games.

That New Vegas deal is tempting, but I'll pass on it for now. I won't play it anytime soon.

Also, my credit cards are locked until I pay last month's bill. Which is stupid, since a couple of weeks ago I enabled direct debit on both, just to avoid having to manually pay them, and also make sure they always got paid in time. But my stupid bank think it's funny to wait till after the deadline before grabbing my money, therefore locking them during the time it takes to process the payment. Backwards ass system, and I'm going back to manual pay (via home banking, of course). Fuck them, I'll miss the current Nintendo eShop sale too, which ends today.

JaseC

Has this been posted yet? New Vegas Ultimate for $10

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FNVUE/fallout-new-vegas-ultimate-edition

I know a few people here were waiting for a sale on this

edit: Damn you!

<3

Secretly?

Edit: Oh, and I still have a Wasteland Angel key to give away. I know it's been in 100 indie bundles, but I thought I'd just throw out a reminder, just in case. That's all, folks!

Ledsen

Does anyone want to split that Sonic Gen/All-Stars Racing deal? I only want Racing. Would have to be a US dude/dudette since the bundle isn't available here.

That New Vegas deal is tempting, but I'll pass on it for now. I won't play it anytime soon.

Also, my credit cards are locked until I pay last month's bill. Which is stupid, since a couple of weeks ago I enabled direct debit on both, just to avoid having to manually pay them, and also make sure they always got paid in time. But my stupid bank think it's funny to wait till after the deadline before grabbing my money, therefore locking them during the time it takes to process the payment. Backwards ass system, and I'm going back to manual pay (via home banking, of course). Fuck them, I'll miss the current Nintendo eShop sale too, which ends today.

That's it, you're banned from this thread. How could you even say that? Look at poor Saoirse, you made her upset :(

JaseC

That's it, you're banned from this thread. How could you even say that? Look at poor Saoirse, you made her upset :(

The 3DS has corrupted him. We must destroy this potent source of evil for the betterment of his Steam account.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

The 3DS has corrupted him. We must destroy this potent source of evil for the betterment of his Steam account.
I failed you, SteamGAF. I'm so sorry guys, I'm but the shadow of the man I used to be, an empty shell of who I once was.

I'm no longer worthy of being called a Steam Enlightened person.

JaseC

Well, Far Cry 3 still occasionally crashes when using the DX9 renderer. I'd say it's a little more stable, however it's still rather annoying that I can't go an hour without the game spitting the dummy.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That Dishonored price is amazing. I don't think the Steam sale will beat ~12$.

My brother is a terrible influence "do it man, you just finished your semester so you have free time to play it."

JaseC

Oh, it's GamersGate, so of course Skyrim's discount doesn't also apply to the DLC.

Lol my serial will be available in about 9 minutes.

Has GamersGate ever clarified why this ridiculous system is in place?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Didn't even know what Dishonored was (out of the loop etc), but it sounds like the kind of game I'd dig, hmm... I should probably wait for the summer sale.

JaseC

Rome II price £44.99 in the UK. Woah.

$100 in Australia confirmed.

Didn't even know what Dishonored was (out of the loop etc), but it sounds like the kind of game I'd dig, hmm... I should probably wait for the summer sale.

Just remember that it's a better action game than it is a stealth game. I'll also echo Stallion's sentiment and say that it's unlikely to be cheaper on Steam during the Summer Sale. My guess is that, given the recent base price drop, it'll see a 50% discount ($15).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So people can't claim serials when they buy games during a pricing error? Giving GG time to fix the problem. Just a guess based on the past :p.

That's reasonable. I figured it was a time that changed based on the system load.

I didn't think it would beat $11.37 on the Summer sale and I'm down to play so I jumped.

Phinor

$100 in Australia confirmed.

Seems to be $79.95 in Australia. Also 54.99€ in Europe. US price ($59.99) by far the best between Australia-Europe-UK-US.

Or in other words, buying the game from anywhere but Steam and/or waiting for 75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom