• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's reasonable. I figured it was a time that changed based on the system load.

I think it may have something to do with order verification as poking through the GamersGate help forum brings up the occasional instance where people had to wait 45 minutes. Even so, though, that's no reason for it to be so frequent.

Seems to be $79.95 in Australia. Also 54.99€ in Europe. US price ($59.99) by far the best between Australia-Europe-UK-US.

Or in other words, buying the game from anywhere but Steam and/or waiting for 75% off.

Thank god there are no hats.

That Dishonored price is amazing. I don't think the Steam sale will beat ~12$.

My brother is a terrible influence "do it man, you just finished your semester so you have free time to play it."

I don't even need someone to influence me... I have a crappy laptop with a 1st gen integrated Intel HD, and I couldn't help buying Skyrim.

This Driver Fusion thing doesn't seem like a very compelling product. The interface is shoddy and in general it doesn't really communicate any of the benefits.

For £20 they're kind of taking the piss. It's a shame shit software like this is clogging up Steam when you have quality products like CCleaner for free and Device Doctor (which I assume does a similar job) as donationware. Steam should focus less on pruning the quality of it's game library via Greenlight and focus a bit more on this stuff.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just remember that it's a better action game than it is a stealth game. I'll also echo Stallion's sentiment and say that it's unlikely to be cheaper on Steam during the Summer Sale. My guess is that, given the recent base price drop, it'll see a 50% discount ($15).

I didn't think it would beat $11.37 on the Summer sale and I'm down to play so I jumped.
...bought, I am weak. Weekend is coming and I don't have much to do atm so I'll be playing it soon. Might as well jump in now than leave too many items for the summer sale and break the hypothetical gaming bank.

ziadoz

Neo Member
If anyone is looking to jump on that Dishonored deal then be warned they've ran out of serials, at least for the time being:

"Unfortunately, we are out of serial keys. The developers have been contacted and we will supply keys as soon as they are delivered to us. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Edit: That's the message you see in your Account when you try to claim your Dishonored serial.

If anyone is looking to jump on that Dishonored deal then be warned they've ran out of serials, at least for the time being:

"Unfortunately, we are out of serial keys. The developers have been contacted and we will supply keys as soon as they are delivered to us. We apologize for the inconvenience."

well that was fast.

Sober

Not a steam game but Neptune's Pride 2 is the best multiplayer game I've played this year. It's basically a simple RTS slowed down to the point where it takes multiple hours to move a unit but the extended timescale means you have time to think about your moves and talk to nearby players to form alliances and whatnot but because it's still in real time, you still are pressures to execute faster than everyone else (even if it means waking up in the middle of the night to do so).Games last a few weeks though so it mightn't be the kind of game you're looking for. Still, everyone should check it out.
Idle Thumbs has been talking about it for a while and it sounds absolutely fucking bonkers and goddamn life destroying, which is amazing to listen to.

Uiki

Nooooooo, I thought I managed but after the 9 minute wait I got nothing. Hopefully they'll issue them before I get home.

In a moment of red hot rage and desperation, i preordered Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Help me God.

sixthsense

Neo Member
The only difference between the two are the TF2 hats you can only obtain by pre-purchasing on Steam.

So..I'll still get my normal pre-order bonuses ? Thanks for the answer anyway.

edit : by normal pre-order bonuses .. I mean the mini-campaign and some extra skins and generals.

JaseC

So..I'll still get my normal pre-order bonuses ? Thanks for the answer anyway.

Yes, the other incentives are identical:

GMG:
COH2 Pre-Purchase Bonuses

Single player

Theatre of War mini campaign – additional single player mission set

Multiplayer

Two vehicle skin packs:

Winter Ambush skin vehicle pack Vorozenh Front vehicle skin pack

Two new Commanders

German Army:

Joint Operation Doctrine
– Precise artillery strike abilities Offensive Spearhead Doctrine – Heavy armor + airstrike abilities

Soviet Army:

Anti-Infantry Tactics Doctrine
– Confers additional units such as the fearsome flamethrower tank Conscript Support Tactics Doctrine – Rapid reinforcement abilities

Steam:
Plus, the ‘Theater of War’ mini-campaign which will allow them to experience a new single player story from another part of the war.

And, the Winter Ambush and Voronezh Front medium skin packs to customize the look of their multiplayer vehicles.

As well as the single player content and multiplayer skins, pre-purchase users will receive two new multiplayer commanders to customize each army. The German army will receive the Joint Operations Doctrine, specializing in precise artillery strikes and the Offensive Spearhead Doctrine for players who want to use heavy armor and airstrikes to crush their opponent.

The Soviets will unlock the devastating Anti-Infantry Tactics
, enabling units like flamethrower tanks and the Conscript Support Tactics which allows for rapid reinforcement in the heat of battle.

Do we know if Valve is doing anymore work on Big Picture Mode, in terms of integrating more from their client? There is still so much that on BPM that calls out to the web site/client which hopefully they get integrated soon.

ArjanN

Hey, the latest update for Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army added drop-in drop-out co-op. Time to get those last achievements.

Idle Thumbs has been talking about it for a while and it sounds absolutely fucking bonkers and goddamn life destroying, which is amazing to listen to.

Yeah, I'm completely obsessed with it right now. As far as life destroying goes, yeah it kind of is but once you learn that the only "moves" every whole hour on the world clock, it stops you constantly checking in on the game so as to not miss anything.

I haven't had any "set an alarm for the middle of night" moments yet but it's certainly the last thing I do before going to sleep and the first thing I check in the morning. It's definitely the most I've been invested in a video game in god knows how long.

The best way I can describe the game is EVE Online in microcosm. It's not mechanically dense like EVE is but it feels like a small scale version of the subterfuge and deception that you hear about the corps in that game.

desu

The 20% discount given to those who didn't receive all their Bethesda Holiday Bundle keys would knock it down to around $2.60, so he may be referring to that.

I got 20% "compensation discount" without having bough that Bethesda Bundle. I assumed I got the discount because the keys were supposed to be not in stock?

PriitV

I got 20% "compensation discount" without having bough that Bethesda Bundle. I assumed I got the discount because the keys were supposed to be not in stock?

You got the discount when they were not able to honour the purchase of either Bethesda pack or BL2 4pack

JaseC

Maybe. There were also a few people who received the discount despite also having received all their keys, haha.

desu

You got the discount when they were not able to honour the purchase of either Bethesda pack or BL2 4pack

Is that discount supposed be infinite? Since I just bought something, and when I buy something else I still have the discount :D.

JaseC

It would seem Activision is hoping BO2's Free Weekend will encourage sales at full price. Surely this is a first.

1-D_FTW

Trials Evolution and Black Ops 2 weekend deals. Play Black Ops 2 for free this weekend.

Is Trials actually showing for you? I know RPS claimed it was going to be on there, but neither my client nor the website is showing any sale at all. 19.99 is still the price.

JaseC

Is Trials actually showing for you? I know RPS claimed it was going to be on there, but neither my client nor the website is showing any sale at all. 19.99 is still the price.

The discount hasn't been applied just yet, however the promo image states 25%.

Edit: Beaten again. :(

JaseC

Oh, hey, the Weekend Deals end on my birthday. Nice try, Ubi, but I'm not going to take that as some sort of sign that I should buy the game with such a piddly discount.

Edit: Deep Sliver moved the AU unlock date for Last Light back to the 14th. How nice!

1-D_FTW

Yeah. Finally updated for me.

Kind of a first though. Two weekend deals. One is zero percent off. The other is 25 percent off.

Maybe UBi asked Valve how much CoD was going to be off. And Valve said zero percent. So Ubi said, "Well fuck me. Make it 25 percent then. That's much better than zero. The people will be impressed mightily."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom