• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

I pre-ordered Trials Evolution Gold and it still doesn't work properly with my video card. Too bad I didn't wait. Feel kinda ripped off, now.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The Daily is 66% off Fallen Enchantress ($10.19).

Edit: b10.

That's a real good price. I'd recommend that anyone who likes fantasy 4X games pick it up for that price, as it's worth it. It doesn't have the magic that the good old Master of Magic has for me, but it's a decent and very fun modern alternative.

KarmaCow

That $5 Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box can not resist. :O

Not that it really matters too much since there is no vanilla version (and it's $5), but I think most of the DLC included in the ultimate box is no longer available since they shut down the store.

edit: nevermind I'm wrong, it does come with the advertised DLC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sure it was discounted last time. Maybe it's still coming (not that I care, playing a few hours mp for free is enough for me).

I don't think so. The description should also mention something along the lines of "Purchase before [date] and save X%!" if a discount is due.

Edit: Or not. :p

Zia

Not that it really matters too much since there is no vanilla version (and it's $5), but I think most of the DLC included in the ultimate box is no longer available since they shut down the store.

So wait, the DLC was connected to an in-game store and is actually no longer available?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
40 is only really a bad price if you're just going to play single player. Multiplayer with friends is worth more than that.

Touch

I haven't played the game since my PS3 died years ago. I'm excited! I never really buy games twice. I just loved playing this game so much.

derExperte

After playing the demo I'm actually considering buying Trials. But with the discount it costs as much as on Xbox normally. No, can't support that.

JaseC

So wait, the DLC was connected to an in-game store and is actually no longer available?

I don't think that's true. I haven't played much of the game, but I distinctly recall the bikes being present.

morningbus

I don't really play CoD multiplayer.
You should give the free weekend a shot. Black Ops 2 allows for a lot of different play styles. I usually go without any weapons and just pick up whatever is on the ground, which allows me to load-up on perks.

KarmaCow

Sorry I misspoke. The in-game store is down but the DLC included in the Ultimate Box (Bikes, Cagney Pack and Party Pack) come with the download. I just assumed more came with the Ultimate Box but either way, you can't get any other DLC.

Aaron

Cant decide whether to bite on fallen enchantress or wait for a deal on the stand alone expansion to it.
If you own Fallen Enchantress, the expansion is half off.

I've been playing the beta of the expansion, and it's already a big improvement in many little ways. Easily my favorite modern turn based strategy.

You should give the free weekend a shot. Black Ops 2 allows for a lot of different play styles. I usually go without any weapons and just pick up whatever is on the ground, which allows me to load-up on perks.

Can't hurt, I guess. It's not like I'm already wasting my time on GAF while I should be studying hahahahahaa :(

Zia

Sorry I misspoke. The in-game store is down but the DLC included in the Ultimate Box (Bikes, Cagney Pack and Party Pack) come with the download. I just assumed more came with the Ultimate Box but either way, you can't get any other DLC.

Oh, okay. Thanks!

baconcow

Yea I was gonna ask if it's actually playable now.

When I started it up, this last week, it gave me notice of some incompatibility with SLI and then it crashed. So, if I want to play this game, I need to disable SLI each time or play without SLI. Both sucks as my specs are well beyond the advertised specifications.

Will GG charge me now for Dishonored even though the key won't get sent for a long time?

...or should I just hope for the best during Summer Seal?

Chronoja

The front page price on Sanctum 2 is a bit deceptive. Listed as £8.99 but when you go to the store page you see it's £8.99 for the season pass and £11.99 for the game itself.

JaseC

Will GG charge me now for Dishonored even though the key won't get sent for a long time?

Yes to the first question -- payment reserves you a key, essentially. As for the second, don't expect more than half off ($15).

Xanathus

They'll charge you immediately, but knowing how noncompetitive Steam's discounts have been lately I don't expect them to match that discount for a very long time.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Do these things usually take a long time, as in days? First time I have to deal with lack of keys after purchasing so I have no idea how long it generally takes for a dev/pub to provide more.

morningbus

That actually sounds like a really fun way to play... But I probably shouldn't spend $40 on a game I'll play for two weekends then go right back to Dark Souls and Chivalry.
Play it this weekend and get it all out of your system!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
25% off Trials Evolution Gold?

What is this, amateur hour?

For the people questioning Burnout Paradises' DLC.

The bikes are part of the game you buy from Steam, BUT there is a bunch of DLC that isnt available anymore....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144140542

The Island never came to the PC version (which is a shame). IMO, the only valid DLC for the PC version of Burnout Paradise were the special cars (they resembled the Octo-1, BTTF Delorean, KITT and the car from Starsky and Hutch I think). The toys cars are somewhat dumb imo. Everything else is "unlock these vehicles faster!" packs, which you can do by playing.

You can unlock the not-available-anymore DLC via a patch, afaik. There was a fairly big thread about it on the Steam Forums. Since I bought the Famous Cars pack (or whatever it's called), I never bothered.

Yes to the first question -- payment reserves you a key, essentially. As for the second, don't expect more than half off ($15).

I dunno, Dishonored seems to have settled to a new permanent price of £15, so 50% off that come the Summer Seal is decidedly plausible.

BigBoss

I'm having a bit of trouble with Ghostbusters, every time I try to go into the video settings menu I get this error:

9xOtDWX.png

The same error also pops up after playing the intro. Any help would be appreciated.

ziadoz

Neo Member
Do these things usually take a long time, as in days? First time I have to deal with lack of keys after purchasing so I have no idea how long it generally takes for a dev/pub to provide more.

I'm in the same boat. Hopefully they get some more serial keys soon.

25% off Trials Evolution Gold?

What is this, amateur hour?

The Island never came to the PC version (which is a shame). IMO, the only valid DLC for the PC version of Burnout Paradise were the special cars (they resembled the Octo-1, BTTF Delorean, KITT and the car from Starsky and Hutch I think). The toys cars are somewhat dumb imo. Everything else is "unlock these vehicles faster!" packs, which you can do by playing.

You can unlock the not-available-anymore DLC via a patch, afaik. There was a fairly big thread about it on the Steam Forums. Since I bought the Famous Cars pack (or whatever it's called), I never bothered.
This has me tempted. I had the DLC for the PS3 version. I may grab this tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom