• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
For how much though? I put them up for 3, 4 and 5 dollars respectively. :D

No idea what the highest price will end up being but I'm pretty sure that it will fall to a few cents when the market gets flooded with them. Sell for whatever you can make out of it. It's free money.

Do the drops reset though?

They will. You can only get half of the drops for a game and they suggest getting the others through trading which means there will be multiple drops for the same card. Plus, you can keep upgrading your game badge by getting the set over and over. This means you will keep getting them.

Hell, even if they don't... free money versus fake Steam level number?

They will. You can only get half of the drops for a game and they suggest getting the others through trading which means there will be multiple drops for the same card. Plus, you can keep upgrading your game badge by getting the set over and over. This means you will keep getting them.

That's all speculation that doesn't necessarily follow logically, but okay.

That's all speculation that doesn't necessarily follow logically, but okay.

How are you ever going to trade or re-craft badges if you can't get multiple drops? There are already people confirming that they are getting more than one of the same item. Unless you figure they'll only give out a fixed number of cards per person and then stop forever?

Joe Molotov

How are you ever going to trade or re-craft badges if you can't get multiple drops? There are already people confirming that you are getting more than one of the same item. Unless you figure they'll only give out a fixed number of cards per person and then stop forever?

Gotta spend them dolla bills. Steam is going F2P!

Question re: Steam Market. I can't sell because I haven't bought anything from Steam in the last year, would buying something from the Market (like a 3 cent crate) count towards that criteria?

Salsa

So not to distract from the STEAM: The Game™ discussion... I just wanted to let you guys know that Anomaly 2 is the real deal. Such an improvement over the previous game. Some skilled |OT| maker should get on that because it looks like it is certainly deserving of it's own thread.

I forgot it came out

quickie

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame that there's no way to make Steam overlay work with Metal Gear Solid 2, that game can look really nice at times, and some sights are begging to be screencapped.

The final boss is kicking my ass so hard I won't be able to sit for years. I feel like giving up, but I refuse to!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
List of Steam activated titles from this month's Amazon sales. Will update as necessary; PMs or replies with missing/correct info are welcome. Feel free to link these two posts as necessary as the month goes on. Non-Steam titles in mixed-DRM bundles with Steam titles are omitted from the list. If the store page has an option for Steam-DRM be sure you are purchasing that version.

5/16
5/16-5/18
5/16-5/20
5/16-5/21 & 5/31
  • Paradox Majesty Franchise - $9.99
    • Defenders of Ardania
    • Defenders of Ardania: Battlemagic
    • Defenders of Ardania: The Conjurer's Tricks DLC
    • Majesty 2 Collection
    • Majesty Gold HD
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
  • Paradox Seas Bundle - $9.99
    • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
    • Commander: Conquest of the Americas: Colonial Navy
    • East India Company Collection
    • Naval War: Arctic Circle
    • Pirates of Black Cove
    • Pirates of Black Cove: Origins DLC
    • Ship Simulator Extremes
    • Victoria II
    • Victoria II: A House Divided Expansion
5/17-5/31
5/24-5/26
5/25-5/31
5/28
5/28-5/31
5/29-5/31
5/16-5/31

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
5/16-5/31 Continued

5/10-5/28 - Ongoing Rockstar Sale

Megasoum

Banned
Microsoft 5-Game Arcade/Indie Pack - $9.99
Deadlight
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Iron Brigade
Mark of the Ninja
Toy Soldiers

is a crazy good deal.

It's amazing that even with over 1000 games on sale there's nothing I would actually want in there lol.

Caerith

I was just talking about the end part, where just because you can't get them all, doesn't mean they will eventually drop more. They simply could be trying to encourage the market and trading. Who knows.
That would be pretty un-egalitarian. You're limited to about half the number of cards needed for a badge, and badges can be upgraded multiple times (including with foil). Although that would drive up the value of the individual cards, it would also encourage people to make accounts with TF2, Dota 2, and $5 worth of Portal 2 or whatever just to farm more cards.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have $5 in amazon game credit from something, so that $3.74 Just Cause 2 looks good. How is that multiplayer mod coming along?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tempted by Arkham City GOTY for $7.50, but it has been 5 bucks on GMG before, so I'm waiting for that price to repeat. And I must be crazy, but I don't think the Fable bundle for $10 is too bad of a deal, despite everyone and their mother hating on Fable 3 (mind you, I never played any of those games.)

And what about the $10 Sonic Action Pack, if only to get the Genesis games on Steam? (plus 4 Ep. 1 & 2)

Oh, and I just finished Metal Gear Solid 2 (not Steam related, but I added it as a non-Steam game and was playing it that way, so this is not too off-topic actually), and it was a hell of a ride. The game simply doesn't give you a minute to catch your breath, it's constantly bombarding your brain with pseudo-scientific yet cool-sounding info and postmodern shit, and I love it! (in case of doubt, it's probably due to nanomachines.) It feels like a considerably different approach from the first one, and yet it's still familiar. Definitely a game I had overlooked, despite owning the PC port for more than 6 years, and I'm very very very glad I finally played it. In fact, I feel like making a LttP thread, but it will have to wait till another day (gotta sleep sometimes, you know).

Going back to Steam, I'm debating over finishing Prototype, giving Dark Souls another chance or starting Blood Dragon (thank again Dreamfall!), the latter of which is tempting me a lot and looks right up my alley.

k so I just bought a 3DS XL, now these cards better fund my summer sale
Congrats! Couldn't wait for your sister to travel, could you? If you don't mind, I'll PM you my friend code later. I could do with more friends, I have only one :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is Bully worth 7.50?
I think so, but if you can wait until the 29th you'll be able to get it for $3.75.

Arkham City was $5? Damn. A good deal.
My bad. My memory is failing, so I googled it and actually it was $4.87. The sale price was $7.50, and there was a coupon that reduced it a 35% more. That was a steal, and I hate myself for skipping that, though I hadn't played Arkham Asylum at the time.

I have a question regarding this cards trading stuff. Does selling a card (that dropped in-game) on the market add +1 to the "card drops remaining" counter?

Deques

Steam Trading Card Beta for 308,77€. That's a deal!

I feel dirty that I got a beta access sold for 1.50€

edit: Now I sold all my invites. So dirty I feel now

My bad. My memory is failing, so I googled it and actually it was $4.87. The sale price was $7.50, and there was a coupon that reduced it a 35% more. That was a steal, and I hate myself for skipping that, though I hadn't played Arkham Asylum at the time.

That was an amazing deal. It was practically a steal at that price and I'm glad I took advantage.

If the winter sale is anything to go by, it will be on sale multiple times for $7.50 during the summer sale more than likely. I'd say its more than worth it at that price, even if you have to deal with both securom and GFWL.

Milamber

Looked at my past summer sales dates...

SUMMER SALE 2010 (Jun. 24 - Jul. 04)
SUMMER SALE 2011 (Jun. 30 - Jul. 10)
SUMMER SALE 2012 (Jul. 12 - Jul. 22)
SUMMER SALE 2013 (???)

It just keeps moving back.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looked at my past summer sales dates...

SUMMER SALE 2010 (Jun. 24 - Jul. 04)
SUMMER SALE 2011 (Jun. 30 - Jul. 10)
SUMMER SALE 2012 (Jul. 12 - Jul. 22)
SUMMER SALE 2013 (???)

It just keeps moving back.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Several years from now all the sales will roll into one another, causing a cataclysmic event that will result in the only item on Steam being Half-Life 3 at 75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom