• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity can you hide all that steam level/trading card/achievement shite so you never ever have to look at it ? I appreciate folks enjoy that kind of stuff but I like to turn all that stuff off/hide it as much as possible. I'm guessing Valve will roll it out to everyone eventually so just wondering in advance.

HoosTrax

sYF6IHZ.jpg

Valve, pls stahp. This isn't funny anymore.
Everyone else gets Steam Trading Card Beta invites...you get the Christmas coal aka even more DOTA2 invites. lol

cicero

That just doesn't make any sense...

Neither did Tulip mania, where in 1637 some tulip bulbs were going for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. This will bubble will pop too, just not until after it hits $2, which is what I am selling mine at.

EDIT: $2.23 now... I had figured waiting after 5pm PST would be the best time to sell!

Caerith

Neither did Tulip mania, where in 1637 some tulip bulbs were going for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. This will bubble will pop too, just not until after it hits $2, which is what I am selling mine at.

EDIT: $2.23 now... I had figured waiting after 5pm PST would be the best time to sell!
To be fair, tulip mania happened in the Netherlands, so who knows what they were smoking.

Caerith

Even with the price inflation, you still see a few pop up under "recently sold" for a lot less than market value. Market still limits your total transactions, right? Probably as a deterrent against speculation.

Looks like I missed the Trading Card update, I'm not sure what to think.

In other news, I just realized my Steam account is now 3 years old <3

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's the minimum cutoff for game collector? I don't have it at 595 games, and the image above shows someone with it at 655.

What's the minimum cutoff for game collector? I don't have it at 595 games, and the image above shows someone with it at 655.

Yeah it is just something you add at level 10 to your profile. I've only got 400 odd.

--

Just got a foil HL2 trading card...put it on the market for $100 to match the others.

If there are crazy people out there buying this shit...lets really get crazy.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone else gets Steam Trading Card Beta invites...you get the Christmas coal aka even more DOTA2 invites. lol
I'm sorry Gabe, OK? I was weak, the 3DS was too tempting, and there were a couple of Nintendo games I wanted to try. But that's in the past, all right? From now on I'll only dedicate my time to Steam, 100%. Starting now there are no more consoles for me.

Can you forgive me? Can I send you my 3DS for an invite? I promise I WILL idle for a long time on every game I own, including masterpieces such as Revelaitons 2K12 and F.E.A.R. 3.

Caerith

Yeah it is just something you add at level 10 to your profile. I've only got 400 odd.

Just got a foil HL2 trading card...put it on the market for $100 to match the others.

If there are crazy people out there buying this shit...lets really get crazy.
In before "I can't believe I only sold it for $100."

Storm360

You need to be level 10

I need one more set to get there, but my account is disabled from the market until sunday for using a new card, I'm sad.

cicero

My Don't Starve cards were in my inventory, now they aren't. But I still see them in my Badge section. Anyone else dealing with this?

EDIT: Nevermind. Now they are back in my inventory?

cicero

I had to sell mine at $1.99 each because $2 had too many others selling before me. You cost me two whole pennies, poros1ty!@#

FloatOn

So not to distract from the STEAM: The Game™ discussion... I just wanted to let you guys know that Anomaly 2 is the real deal. Such an improvement over the previous game. Some skilled |OT| maker should get on that because it looks like it is certainly deserving of it's own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom