• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first card after about 10 minutes idling in TF2. And already sold it for 70cents. Gotta do it 3-4 more times and at least I have the money "back" I spent for the invite.

Neki

Try to clear the cache and cookies

Edit: Forgot that you might used the steam client to buy Terraria. Have you tried to buy through a browser?

Already did all that, even used Chrome and Firefox and it still didn't work, I hate paypal sometimes.

Just tried IE too, didn't work.

Deques

It's been a while, but isn't time to change Saoirse Ronan avatar?

image.php

I want a happy Saoirse avatar :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's been a while, but isn't time to change Saoirse Ronan avatar?

image.php

I want a happy Saoirse avatar :)

There hasn't been much in the way of avatar material since the media tour for The Host wrapped up. :( There may be a premiere event for Byzantium in Ireland in a couple of weeks, given she's one of the leads and the director is also Irish, but even if this did happen I don't think she'd be there since How to Catch a Monster is filming in Detroit at the moment.

oipic

There hasn't been much in the way of avatar material since the media tour for The Host wrapped up. :(

Perhaps avatar trading cards could become a SteamGAF meta-game?

I did (sadly? creepily?) save that image of all the previous avatars somewhere... but has this image been used yet? If not, it has my vote!

_52554951_011706642-1.jpg

JaseC

Perhaps avatar trading cards could become a SteamGAF meta-game?

I did (sadly? creepily?) save that image of all the previous avatars somewhere... but has this image been used yet? If not, it has my vote!

_52554951_011706642-1.jpg

I don't think so. I'll put something together later.

Neki

Now I'm getting

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I just wanted to go to sleep hours ago.

JaseC

Gamersgate has a Jagged Alliance sale. I heard some people love this game.

Is it turn-based like XCom? Or more like Company of Heroes?

The DLC is tempting, but as it's only half off I'll wait for a Steam sale. I'd say it's due for one as the game was last discounted during the Winter Sale (-66%) and hasn't been a Daily since the Autumn Sale (-75%).

Neki

oh yeah? get the fuck the steam thread

If I buy an invite, does that mean I can finally put my hats on sale?

Yeah, I had steam problems so I should post them in the...

steam thread? Though I'm not even sure this is the official steam thread, I guess this is just the place for announcements and updates. Can someone direct me to to the actual steam OT where people might be helpful?

sixthsense

Neo Member
Does anyone know exactly how the card drop limit works ? When will it reset or just 4 card for the lifetime ? Can't seem to find any answers in the FAQ.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What happens if I try to activate a game that isn't available in my region? I want to purchase Bully: Scholarship Edition on the Amazon sale, but it isn't available on the Brazilian Steam.

Chronoja

What happens if I try to activate a game that isn't available in my region? I want to purchase Bully: Scholarship Edition on the Amazon sale, but it isn't available in the Brazilian Steam.

It should activate just fine. I've redeemed games like Space Rangers (not available outside russia) or Legends of Pegasus (not available on steam at all any more) just fine.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It should activate just fine. I've redeemed games like Space Rangers (not available outside russia) or Legends of Pegasus (not available on steam at all any more) just fine.
Sweet. I'll wait for it to drop to $3.75 later in the month and jump in on Dark Souls and Batman Arkham City GOTY for now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

steam thread? Though I'm not even sure this is the official steam thread, I guess this is just the place for announcements and updates. Can someone direct me to to the actual steam OT where people might be helpful?
Sorry, this is only the thread where we talk about things barely related to Steam, and sometimes we post our wishlists and sale hauls.

And just so you don't think we're completely unhelpful, I'll let you know that later today I'm gonna buy a ticket for the Yes show in 2 weeks. Squire, Howe and White are going to play this motherfucker in its glorious entirety.

What happens if I try to activate a game that isn't available in my region? I want to purchase Bully: Scholarship Edition on the Amazon sale, but it isn't available on the Brazilian Steam.

If the key itself isn't region locked (as is the case, I believe, with Inversion and Dead Island GOTY) then you should have absolutely no problems. Bear in mind that some games have a different version for specific regions, which sometimes happens with Eastern Europe and Germany. So even though you may be able to redeem it, you will be stuck with a low violence/censored version, or forced to buy the Russian version of the DLC. And I recall reading that some games only work when you're logged from a certain region's IP, so watch out where you buy your games from (I'd suggest skipping shady looking sites, and Russian ones unless you live in that region).

poorly timed Steam Thread joke.

This is probably the best thread, but you basically posted early in the AM (for me anyway)....and called everyone useless when no help was given in couple hours. Not the best way to get help.

ShaneB

Yeah, no need to get hostile :( Things get missed sometimes, everyone here is generally helpful and friendly and we all love Steam, but yeah, things can fly by pretty quickly, especially with this card beta thing going on, just best to wait it out and ask again after sometime.

HoosTrax

I have the Back to the Future and Strong Bad episodes as well...and it's appalling how much of my library space TT uses up. I'm just glad SEGA didn't do this with their Mega Drive collection or I'd really be throwing a fit.

Recall

Just recieved two coupons in my inventory for 75% off Total War Shogun 2. If anyone would like one just respond to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom