• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Dota 2 does not appear on my profile section for trading cards. The reason seems to be that I have bought the Compendium through the Market and not the Store. So I cannot get any card from playing/watching Dota 2 matches, unless I buy an item directly from the Store.

Acidote

I'm downloading Portal 2 right now so I can have every card game open at the same time. I need to check if I can open all of the source games in text mode just like TF2.

Now I just need an invite.

Cynar

Dota 2 does not appear on my profile section for trading cards. The reason seems to be that I have bought the Compendium through the Market and not the Store. So I cannot get any card from playing/watching Dota 2 matches, unless I buy an item directly from the Store.
I bought a few items through the store. It's just bugged I think.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Don't Starve has idled for 4 hours and zero cards. I'm pretty sure I'm bugged or something; I can't get the Pillar of Community requirements to update either.

catabarez

Don't Starve has idled for 4 hours and zero cards. I'm pretty sure I'm bugged or something; I can't get the Pillar of Community requirements to update either.

I've been there with the Pillar of Community badge. I sent an email to support and shortly after it was updating just fine.

Caerith

$11.99 is still too much for Aliens CM right?
Why would you do that? It's a broken piece of shit. That's not even my opinion, that's a scientific fact. There are only six people in the world who had anything good to say about Aliens CM: Randy Pitchford and his 5 fake twitter accounts. Aliens: Colonial Marines should not be played near an open flame.

To paraphrase Jay Sherman: if you don't buy shitty games, they'll stop making shitty games.

If you want to support a developer putting out a broken unfinished game, buy Prison Architect. It's in pre-alpha, so at least there's an excuse for it being released that way.

Addnan

Why would you do that? It's a broken piece of shit. That's not even my opinion, that's a scientific fact. There are only six people in the world who had anything good to say about Aliens CM: Randy Pitchford and his 5 fake twitter accounts. Aliens: Colonial Marines should not be played near an open flame.

To paraphrase Jay Sherman: if you don't buy shitty games, they'll stop making shitty games.

If you want to support a developer putting out a broken unfinished game, buy Prison Architect. It's in pre-alpha, so at least there's an excuse for it being released that way.

Haven't bought it, just wanted to see how people still feel about it and whether it was worth buying yet :) I guess not. I just want an Alien fix!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm downloading Portal 2 right now so I can have every card game open at the same time. I need to check if I can open all of the source games in text mode just like TF2.

Now I just need an invite.

I think it only counts the last game you launched. I played some Don't Starve today after leaving my PS3 idling in Portal 2 for my last 2 Portal drops, but it didn't work. I started getting DS cards, but stopped getting Portal cards. I had to reboot Portal 2 after getting my DS cards to get the last 2 Portal cards.

Acidote

I think it only counts the last game you launched. I played some Don't Starve today after leaving my PS3 idling in Portal 2 for my last 2 Portal drops, but it didn't work. I started getting DS cards, but stopped getting Portal cards. I had to reboot Portal 2 after getting my DS cards to get the last 2 Portal cards.

Then I'll just make a scheduled task that opens and closes different source games on text mode each hour while playing Diablo III or WoW. But that's only if Valve sends me an invite.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, Half-Life 2 is one of the trading card games but several years ago I told myself I wouldn't play through the series again until Episode Three/Half-Life 3 is around the corner.

Screw you, Valve. :(

So I've seen it discussed before but, which is the better buy, the Beat Trip Saga on Steam (currently $12) or the Wii version?

I think I remember reading the Wii version has more levels? Or did they add them to the PC version too?

Salsa

So I've seen it discussed before but, which is the better buy, the Beat Trip Saga on Steam (currently $12) or the Wii version?

I think I remember reading the Wii version has more levels? Or did they add them to the PC version too?

the Wii version is definetly better in terms of control

also Steam doesnt have all the bit.trip games, it's missing one

catabarez

So, Half-Life 2 is one of the trading card games but several years ago I told myself I wouldn't play through the series again until Episode Three/Half-Life 3 is around the corner.

Screw you, Valve. :(

Don't give in Jase. Just let it sit in the menu or something.

Funny, I had half life 2 idling as I waited for the cards to pop up. Suddenly I found myself playing through it.

Couple of hours later and it still more than holds up.

Addnan

Why?

agWCc7c.png

Neki

I don't visit the thread often, but I thought it'd be apt to ask here, but I keep getting this cookies error when I try to buy with Paypal, and I can't find any solutions online, can someone tell me what's wrong?

Aaargh, I want cards sooooo bad. I hope they go out of beta soon. Still offering random Steam codes for beta access.

I bought the Sam and Max bundle, hope they're not shit.

Neki

I don't visit the thread often, but I thought it'd be apt to ask here, but I keep getting this cookies error when I try to buy with Paypal, and I can't find any solutions online, can someone tell me what's wrong?

Anyone? If not, can someone buy Terraria for me and give to me as an item so I can give it to my friend later?

Deques

Anyone? If not, can someone buy Terraria for me and give to me as an item so I can give it to my friend later?

Try to clear the cache and cookies

Edit: Forgot that you might used the steam client to buy Terraria. Have you tried to buy through a browser?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
How's Drakensang: River of Time? Worth $7,5?

I can't answer your question but I would note since it will be on sale until the 31st to make sure it won't be a mystery game in the current Groupees Be Mine 8 bundle, since Drakensang is one of the games in the bundle.

Okay. just bought one trading-card invite. What to do to get those cards? Just idle in the mainmenu or idle at one server?

And can I idle in more than one Game to get the cards?

Atruvius

Also, you can put -textmode as a launch option in source games so the games use less resources while you idle. The game will launch into console.

TF2 and Dota 2 are bit different with the drops. You are more likely to get drops if you have bought something from their stores with real money, or something like that...

Not saying this is wrong, as it could well be spot on? But I've never purchased anything in TF2, nor played it for any longer than about 10 minutes and I had no hassle getting drops.

Atruvius

Not saying this is wrong, as it could well be spot on? But I've never purchased anything in TF2, nor played it for any longer than about 10 minutes and I had no hassle getting drops.

Yeah, it might "bugged".

Known issues
Not receiving game card drops in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2
Because Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 are free to play games, they use a slightly different mechanism for dropping cards. In order to receive card drops for these games, you must have made an in-game purchase at some point (or, in the case of Team Fortress 2, owned the game prior to the Free to Play release). Future in-game purchases will result in more card drops. You can see how many card drops you have remaining on your badges page. UPDATE: this does not seem to be granting drops properly right now (but we are tracking purchases). Hopefully we can resolve the issue by tomorrow.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
the Wii version is definetly better in terms of control

also Steam doesnt have all the bit.trip games, it's missing one
It's missing two, in fact: Fate and Flux.

And Complete on Wii has additional stuff: challenges (which consist of 20 short -and extremely difficult- levels for each game), trailers, letters from the devs and concept art.

Both versions are worth it to me: the Wii one for the sheer amount of content and featuring the best control schemes, and the Steam one due to being able to own those games on that service, plus 1080p graphics and an extra GLaDOS level for Beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom