• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

I found the filler missions less as time wasters and more as tutorials for all the side activities. I'm surprised that you're calling it buggy, though: for all the time I put into it, I don't recall encountering a single bug.
They are tutorials for activities, but I hardly replayed those at all. As for bugs: game crashed multiple times, vehicle got stuck in all sorts of weird positions in fences and whatnot, and models (guns to arms) not being attached, that sort of stuff. I guesz you could call it lack of polish above else.

Genki Dlc is really bad, but I am really enjoying trouble with clones and I only need to do the movie dlc. Really good missions and it's the stuff i would love to see more of.

Nabs, you som of a bitch. Wish I could buy GB :(

Salsa

iMvYpuITWwS1X.PNG

Caerith

rofl what?

this is the worst
It looks better when you have some 100%s under your belt. I mean, it's still purple all over from SR3 achievements, but it looks better.

They are tutorials for activities, but I hardly replayed those at all. As for bugs: game crashed multiple times, vehicle got stuck in all sorts of weird positions in fences and whatnot, and models (guns to arms) not being attached, that sort of stuff. I guesz you could call it lack of polish above else.

Genki Dlc is really bad, but I am really enjoying trouble with clones and I only need to do the movie dlc. Really good missions and it's the stuff i would love to see more of.

Nabs, you som of a bitch. Wish I could buy GB :(
I loved some of those activities and was genuinely almost-sad when there was no more Heli Assault.

But the crashes? Stuff getting stuck? Models not attaching? That doesn't match my experience at all. SR3 was very polished when I played it, and all the DLC, and 100%ed said DLC. Probably the most polished game I've played since I built this PC a few years ago.

(Are you an ATI user? Maybe it's only really polished on Nvidia.)

Ugh, I am trying to complete the tasks to get a level two badge but they're not showing up as being completed. I have done many of these tasks already but they're grayed out.

HoosTrax

I'm going to try my hand at making a Youtube video to upload to my Steam account. I have a paid copy of FRAPS and a Youtube (Google) account, but I'm a little fuzzy on what needs to happen after I capture the video. I need to compress it I assume...any tips?

Caerith

I'm going to try my hand at making a Youtube video to upload to my Steam account. I have a paid copy of FRAPS and a Youtube (Google) account, but I'm a little fuzzy on what needs to happen after I capture the video. I need to compress it I assume...any tips?
I used SpaceChem for this, since it basically has an "upload to youtube" button after every mission. This is probably the easiest way to do this... or the hardest way, since it requires beating a level of SpaceChem.

Youtube itself will tell you its requirements though when you try to upload.

I think youtube converts it when you upload? That's the only activity I never got to work right.

HoosTrax

I think youtube converts it when you upload? That's the only activity I never got to work right.
Unfortunately the 1min 30sec video I took is 2GB+, coming directly out of FRAPS.

I used SpaceChem for this, since it basically has an "upload to youtube" button after every mission. This is probably the easiest way to do this... or the hardest way, since it requires beating a level of SpaceChem.

Youtube itself will tell you its requirements though when you try to upload.
Good tip. I figure I should probably learn how to do this properly at some point though, in any case.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ugh, I am trying to complete the tasks to get a level two badge but they're not showing up as being completed. I have done many of these tasks already but they're grayed out.
It took awhile for mine to register, the server is probably getting slammed. The funny thing is now it's telling me I got the lv 2 badge hours ago even though I've only completed 22 of the objectives.

Fox318

If anyone has a spare invite could I get 1?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fox318

Also IU have 4 75% off Shogun 2 coupons if anyone wants them.

HoosTrax

Try using VirtualDub to compress the video using another codec, that's what I did with my MUGEN videos back in my teenage years.

Just use MSI Afterburner if you don't have some video editing software to compress it, it can record with compression.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I guess it worked? Not sure about the video quality, but oh well. My framerates took a nosedive as soon as I started the capture though.

derExperte

I miss the 'playtime during the last 2 weeks' statistic already. Hope they bring it back, I'm not liking the new profile page that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom