• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoja

I noticed the X3 games (and superbox) are on sale on steam. Sort of a stealth sale it seems or simply gone unnoticed by the trading card stuff.

I wouldn't advise buying them though, the discount is not as low as they've been before.

I noticed the X3 games (and superbox) are on sale on steam. Sort of a stealth sale it seems or simply gone unnoticed by the trading card stuff.

I wouldn't advise buying them though, the discount is not as low as they've been before.

Looks like it was 75% off-ish last summer sale, I'm hoping for similar this year.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Reus is coming out tonight.

Reus.png

Looking forward to it :)

Looks interesting based on the videos on the site. Would be cool if there was a demo.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Amazon BioShock 1/2 Pack, does it have separate codes for BioShock 1 and BioShock 2 to activate on Steam or just the one?

Chronoja

Is there any way to know what's new when you level up your steam level?

I managed to level up from 11 to 12 and the only thing I can see that changed was a +5 to my maximum friend list. (305 -> 310). If not it could really use a little *ding* pop up with some info on what changes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's really the only logical option
OK guys... I HAVE to post a rant against a certain Valve employee here who isn't sending the invites to me. Sorry I can't say who he is, I don't want you people judging and laughing at me. But suffice to say I find them highly offensive, and would like them removed from the company. I don't suppose I would get banned for hurling expletives explicatives at them, right? I just want to rant about the industry that hired employees like them. I need need need a rant right now. But I want to not be banned ever slightly more.

No...your steam career is over, you should consider migrating to Origin. I hear it has achievements now....that's something
If said employee doesn't get fired, I'm totally moving to Origin :p

Megasoum

Banned
Wait...the Riddick game is not available on Steam anymore? When I click on it it brings up a 404 page on the Atari website lol...

Crap, I was hoping for a sale to get it.

Chronoja

Wait...the Riddick game is not available on Steam anymore? When I click on it it brings up a 404 page on the Atari website lol...

Crap, I was hoping for a sale to get it.

Oh no. another one bites the dust. Might have something to do with licensing issues, especially considering the new movie coming out soon. Purely speculation.

Chronoja

Well I just realized that I think it was a THQ published game? Might explains it.

Na, developed by Starbreeze and Tigon studios published by Vivendi (escape from butchers bay) and Atari (Assault on Dark Athena). The steam version it would have been published by Atari (which is why it directs to their site now).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
In regards to Riddick you're probably better off getting the GoG version anyway. The reason I say this is that from what I can remember Riddick on Steam had some horrible protection, I think it might have even been TAGES but I need to check. I rebought it from GoG for a reason and I'm pretty certain it was that.

Megasoum

Banned
Na, developed by Starbreeze and Tigon studios published by Vivendi (escape from butchers bay) and Atari (Assault on Dark Athena). The steam version they would be published by Atari (which is why it directs to their site now).

It was an Atari-published game, but Atari is also bankrupt so there's your explanation.

Yeah you're right. Amazon said THQ but it was from a custom vendor so it's his mistake.

In regards to Riddick you're probably better off getting the GoG version anyway. The reason I say this is that from what I can remember Riddick on Steam had some horrible protection, I think it might have even been TAGES but I need to check. I rebought it from GoG for a reason and I'm pretty certain it was that.

Oh...had no idea it was on Gog.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Atari received additional financing back in February. Assault on Dark Athena is still being sold over at GamersGate, so I think this is just another case of Atari pulling a game from Steam for no apparent reason.

They probably have to pull product if they are under threat of bankruptcy and completely forgot that the game even existed on GG and GOG like the rest of the internet.

Miker

Re-posting here in case someone is interested:

If anybody wants LA Noire Complete for $5, PM me, as I only want Max Payne 3 from the Max Payne 3/LA Noire Complete pack on Amazon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No. It is Risen 1's mentally handicapped little brother.

edit: Someone talk me out of Aliens Coloniel Marines for $12. I know its bad but I love me some Aliens. Think it will be lower in the Summer sale?
Buying Aliens at $12 is something a Risen 2 would do.

You can always Bootcamp

I looked into that a week ago, but everything I read said that Steam games don't run very well in Bootcamp. I even found an article that compared running Steam games in Bootcamp VS something like Parallels and both suffered performance issues (though Parallels was obviously worse).

Or have things changed?

I crafted a badge and received a coupon for 25% OFF Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal. Is it even possible to buy this on its own? If I click "view applicable games" it says no results or something similar, lol. Did Valve give me a coupon that I can't actually use?

Chronoja

I crafted a badge and received a coupon for 25% OFF Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal. Is it even possible to buy this on its own? If I click "view applicable games" it says no results or something similar, lol. Did Valve give me a coupon that I can't actually use?

that's rather funny if true. Try adding Tales to the cart and see if you can apply the coupon to it.

Zia

I looked into that a week ago, but everything I read said that Steam games don't run very well in Bootcamp. I even found an article that compared running Steam games in Bootcamp VS something like Parallels and both suffered performance issues (though Parallels was obviously worse).

Or have things changed?

I don't monitor performance, but I haven't noticed any huge hiccups. Recently played BioShock Infinite on "high" settings and it ran beautifully. Regularly play Dota 2, Hotline Miami, Civ V and a bunch more without any issues whatsoever.

Storm360

Or have things changed?

I don't personally game on a mac, but it was fine in boot camp from what i've tried it from, Its just a native windows install

Ledsen

You can't buy it separately, your coupon must be for the whole season.

OK guys... I HAVE to post a rant against a certain Valve employee here who isn't sending the invites to me. Sorry I can't say who he is, I don't want you people judging and laughing at me. But suffice to say I find them highly offensive, and would like them removed from the company. I don't suppose I would get banned for hurling expletives explicatives at them, right? I just want to rant about the industry that hired employees like them. I need need need a rant right now. But I want to not be banned ever slightly more.

If said employee doesn't get fired, I'm totally moving to Origin :p

how did HolyBakail get an account approved so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom