• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Rogue Legacy deserves to be greenlit right this minute.

ib03ozZoOqrFlS.jpg

You're currently behind:
Pinball games
My Rapelay/Metroidvania/Pinball Game
Divekick.

cicero

http://i5.minus.com/ib03ozZoOqrFlS.jpg

You're currently behind:
Pinball games
My Rapelay/Metroidvania/Pinball Game
Divekick.
I don't even want to know how this works...

Actually I do.

Do you have to trek through subway tunnels to find and assault women in subway stations, but as a giant steel pinball?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Do the badges have a time to drop?

The Dota2 badge thing is no longer showing up in my profile, and going directly to it (http://steamcommunity.com/id/(accoun.../gamecards/570) doesn't show any remaining drops, but I didn't get any and I'm sure it was on my profilke yesterday...

Did I lose it?
DoTa 2 is bugged for some people. F2P games require in game purchases to get card drops, but their system isn't recognizing new purchases at the moment so the only way to get DoTA2
cards is if you've already done an in game purchase prior to the TCG beta launch.

Not receiving game card drops in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2
Because Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 are free to play games, they use a slightly different mechanism for dropping cards. In order to receive card drops for these games, you must have made an in-game purchase at some point (or, in the case of Team Fortress 2, owned the game prior to the Free to Play release). Future in-game purchases will result in more card drops. You can see how many card drops you have remaining on your badges page. UPDATE: this does not seem to be granting drops properly right now (but we are tracking purchases). Hopefully we can resolve the issue by tomorrow.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/828939163665337613/

Fitz

How do I launch TF2 in text mode? Is it possible to simultaneously run several games on the same PC?

I would like to watch Dota 2 matches and have TF2 idle.

Edit: There are tutorials, but I would like a virus-free no-ban reliable method.

For text mode, right click the game in your Library -> Properties -> Set launch options -> type: -textmode

edit: oh lawl, horribly late, hadn't refreshed the page in a while.

Chronoja

People still "idle" in TF2 I take it?

Of course they do. The path of least resistance.

And to be honest, with these badges I can't blame them. I have literally zero intentions of playing dota 2 and I have no desire to play half life 2 at the moment, yet on the flipside I want to increase my steam level, I'm invested in the steam platform. I sincerely hope they reconsider this "you have to "play" x game to get x card" stuff.

RS4-

Not sure if the TF2 one is right. I never owned it until it went f2p, never made any purchases either, still got card drops. Albeit, 2 spy ones lol.

Unless selling TF2 items counted as a market activity to get card drops.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
DoTa 2 is bugged for some people. F2P games require in game purchases to get card drops, but their system isn't recognizing new purchases at the moment so the only way to get DoTA2
cards is if you've already done an in game purchase prior to the TCG beta launch

I still find it strange that the Card Collection is gone from your Profile once you don't have any more drops from it nor have any cards.

The direct links still work, but there's no linking to them from your profile anymore.

For instance: I'm pretty sure I only got 3 Don't Starve cards, but the Don't Starve thing on my profile is gone, so I can't check it. I also don't have the direct link to it, so there's no way to look at that page anymore?

Also, the way those cards are selling, I think I might just buy a Dota 2 key, get the cards and sell everything!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't even want to know how this works...

Actually I do.

Do you have to trek through subway tunnels to find and assault women in subway stations, but as a giant steel pinball?

I would buy this so hard.

I've explained how it works before:

You know, despite just throwing random niche genres together, I could totally see how that game could work.

General background: You live in a futuristic steampunk world of feudal-style lords and your Father tasks you with uniting these disparate factions by romancing each lord's daughter. You must prove yourself by beating each lord's "table."

Mechanics:

Arcade Shooter/Pinball mashup is easy: a game like Jamestown, but you are constantly trying to outrace a dark void behind you. The enemies don't attack you in the traditional sense, but by ramming into you, forcing you closer to the void behind you.

Metroidvania: Each table has multiple doors and exits, which can affect the powerups you receive while playing and the overall outcome of your attempts at romancing the Lord's daughter.

Dating Sim: Once you've beaten the table, you must win the fine maiden's favor by reading the subtle clues found throughout the table. Did you enter a room covered in roses? What do you answer when she asks you for a flower?

Tower defense: once you've recruited a number of lords, you then get the opportunity to use their rooms to craft your own table, which the computer, acting as an invading warlord, will try to best.

The game basically programs itself.

The kickstarter will be up tomorrow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Been waiting for the sale, and still I ended up buying the supporters thingy. Damn you Valve.

I've been meaning to do that myself. Buy the Community Pass, I mean, even though I've never touched an official Valve server. Are there even any in Australia? I think there may be one or two in Sydney.

metalshade

I can see this going bad quickly.
I used to game on a 360, and I got so caught up in earning achievements that it changed how I played my games. Eventually I played achievements and didn't enjoy the games themselves.
I was so relieved to move on to pc gaming and steam, because there was NO system like that in place.
Don't do it guys.

( Only half serious rantings of an achievement addled brain. )

MNC

How can I even see if a card dropped? Do I have to quit out of the game?

^^^ We've already had achievements for years.

Tizoc

So I've got discount coupons of the following:
75% off TW Shogun 2
50% off Duke Nukem 3D Edition
50% off 10,000,000

Anyone wanna trade for them with Bully for Steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could someone please explain this trading thingy:

I can get 50% of the cards by playing it - how do I get the rest?

By earning cards in other games and trading those to complete a desired set or, alternatively, buying them. Without drop resets, which may or may not be implemented later (I imagine they will be, though), it's impossible to earn every card for every participating game without spending (more) money. Just like the old days, really. ;)

Anyone play Kerbal Space Program? A quick search yielded nothing. The idea of the game appeals to me, and I understand it's still a beta release, but I feel a weird sort of need to buy and play the game.

Megasoum

Banned
Anyone play Kerbal Space Program? A quick search yielded nothing. The idea of the game appeals to me, and I understand it's still a beta release, but I feel a weird sort of need to buy and play the game.

It's amazing, I've been playing for over a year now... Check out the thread here for info and stuff

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437191

Oh and the amazing video that came out yesterday haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPRxyv3CED8&feature=youtu.be&a

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Got my new Eizo 1080p IPS monitor today. Holy fuck the picture is stunning! I'm sure it's nothing new to a lot of folk here but I've been using an older TN panel for the last 4 - 5 years (which probably isn't even as good as newer TN panels) and thought it was time for a change. All these lovely colours!

I'll just admire the picture surfing for a bit before trying any actual games :p

Haven't played it but I heard it's fantastic. I think there's a demo on their site.

It's amazing, I've been playing for over a year now... Check out the thread here for info and stuff

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437191

Oh and the amazing video that came out yesterday haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPRxyv3CED8&feature=youtu.be&a

Thanks guys! And I had searched for it but it didn't even bring up the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom