• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

poorly timed Steam Thread joke.

This is probably the best thread, but you basically posted early in the AM (for me anyway)....and called everyone useless when no help was given in couple hours. Not the best way to get help.

Well I needed to get it done before I went to sleep so it wouldn't expire by the time I got home, that's why I just needed one person to buy it for me and I could pay them, regardless, I did overreact, but it's really not that hard for one person to help me out in the thread (because I've never experienced that Paypal error though). I'll just stick to asking my friends from now on though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I still find it strange that the Card Collection is gone from your Profile once you don't have any more drops from it nor have any cards.

The direct links still work, but there's no linking to them from your profile anymore.

For instance: I'm pretty sure I only got 3 Don't Starve cards, but the Don't Starve thing on my profile is gone, so I can't check it. I also don't have the direct link to it, so there's no way to look at that page anymore?

Also, the way those cards are selling, I think I might just buy a Dota 2 key, get the cards and sell everything!
Why would you buy a Dota 2 key? I'd gladly pay you to take mine.

Wanna trade one for a Trading Card invite? No? Well, at least I tried...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well I needed to get it done before I went to sleep so it wouldn't expire by the time I got home, that's why I just needed one person to buy it for me and I could pay them, regardless, I did overreact, but it's really not that hard for one person to help me out in the thread (because I've never experienced that Paypal error though). I'll just stick to asking my friends from now on though.

Don't try to justify your overreaction. Unequivocally accept that you made a mistake.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Sorry that we all sleep each night.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Why would you buy a Dota 2 key? I'd gladly pay you to take mine.

Wanna trade one for a Trading Card invite? No? Well, at least I tried...

Because if I buy something from the market, I can then drop the Trading Cards.

If I buy a key, I can then resell that key.

It is when no one is on. Like it's been said....you're messages came through at about 4-6AM where I'm at. I imagine mostly similar for others.

deejay

I have several Steam coupons:

2x 75% Shogun Total War 2
2x 50% Towns
1x 25% Towns
1x 66% Sins Of A Solar Empire Rebellion
1x 50% Tropico 4
1x 50% Dungeon Hearts
1x 25% Anodyne
1x 75% Serious Sam 3
1x 75% Nexuiz 4-Pack
1x 50% Duke Nukem 3D
1x 25% Dungeon Hearts

Add me if you want one of these: http://steamcommunity.com/id/markdj/

Any kind soul buying the bioshock pack have the 2nd going free? got the 1st and Infinate but never gave the 2nd a chance with all the bad press

Also that steam sale today got mass effect 1+2 and borderlands 1+2 still got to get 3 for origin though which is deppresing :(

Neki

It is when no one is on. Like it's been said....you're messages came through at about 4-6AM where I'm at. I imagine mostly similar for others.

There was like 6 people posting in the steam thread and no one could help for the 4 hours I was asking? Yeah right. And you even posted later, though I doubt you'd help.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apparently you unlock a second show case slot at theigher levels for your profile. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the second slot when I get one since none of the others are as fantastic as the achievement one.

There was like 8 people posting in the steam thread and no one could help? Yeah right.

I can tell you are going to be a real fan favorite.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Because if I buy something from the market, I can then drop the Trading Cards.

If I buy a key, I can then resell that key.
Oh, I thought you meant Dota 2 invites. I have no idea what a Dota 2 key is supposed to be.

Guess I'm still stuck with those worthless invites.

There was like 6 people posting in the steam thread and no one could help for the 4 hours I was asking? Yeah right. And you even posted later, though I doubt you'd help.
I wouldn't have been able to help you if I were awake at the time, since I never bought a Steam game using Paypal. And now that I know what kind of person you are, I won't do it in the future even if I know the answer.

Call me an asshole, at least I'm willing to admit that I am.

Neki

Apparently you unlock a second show case slot at theigher levels for your profile. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the second slot when I get one since none of the others are as fantastic as the achievement one.

I can tell you are going to be a real fan favorite.

I'm sorry I'm not here to try to join your insular community, I asked for help and I was ignored by people more caught up by people obsessed talking with avatars and a virtual trading card game. There is a reason why OT exists, and it's not for the same 10 people to circle-jerk in the thread how about cool they are that they have an OT. That's the problem with most old community threads.

HoosTrax

Is there botmatch for CS:GO? Can I get achievements in botmatch?

(this seems like one of those games where I'm liable to get yelled at if I have no clue what I'm doing)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm sorry I'm not here to try to join your insular community, I asked for help and I was ignored by people more caught up by people obsessed talking with avatars and a virtual trading card game. There is a reason why OT exists, and it's not for the same 10 people to circle-jerk in the thread how about cool they are that they have an OT. That's the problem with most old community threads.

Why do you think people are obligated to buy you stuff with near-zero guarantee that you will pay them back tomorrow?

Specially when, as you so eloquently put, you're not one of the 10 people that have been on the thread since the beginning and, thus, nobody that frequents the thread daily really knows who you are?

I mean, you're more than welcome to ask, and people are more than welcome to help you. But nobody is obligated to.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

(this seems like one of those games where I'm liable to get yelled at if I have no clue what I'm doing)

Yeah, there are 3 bot difficulty settings plus the harmless difficulty where they don't attack. Bots function in every mode and map, even custom ones.

Why do you think people are obligated to buy you stuff with near-zero guarantee that you will pay them back tomorrow?

Specially when, as you so eloquently put, you're not one of the 10 people that have been on the thread since the beginning and, thus, nobody that frequents the thread daily really knows who you are?

I mean, you're more than welcome to ask, and people are more than welcome to help you. But nobody is obligated to.

Yeah, pretty much this. If you are a thread regular, people are much more willing to help you with paypal. There is zero incentive to help someone popping up in the thread for the first time and no guarantee they won't try to fuck you.

Yes, there are bot matches and yes, you do earn achievements for any type of match you join. You can also do the more casual modes such as Deathmatch, Arms Race (Gun Game), and Casual mode. People don't yell in those modes. Just stay away from competitive matchmaking, since that requires you to commit at most 90 minutes.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

People help each other out in this thread all the time, you just decided to throw a fit because someone didn't help you by some arbitrary deadline.

HoosTrax

Yeah, there are 3 bot difficulty settings plus the harmless difficulty where they don't attack. Bots function in every mode and map, even custom ones.
Yes, there are bot matches and yes, you do earn achievements for any type of match you join. You can also do the more casual modes such as Deathmatch, Arms Race (Gun Game), and Casual mode. People don't yell in those modes. Just stay away from competitive matchmaking, since that requires you to commit at most 90 minutes.
Thanks, I'll give the game a try.

I'm not totally sure about what's going on here, but if I'm not mistaken, you wanted help with buying Terraria?
The deal is still up (25 mins), isnt it? What's the hurry?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

So... we're here to serve you and fulfill your requests in the quickest way possible? Its weird, because you're arguing against entitlement, yet you're the most entitled person in here.

1-D_FTW

I didn't sign up for the beta until yesterday. Who knew this was going to be a money making operation. Damn you, Gabe. When will I ever learn my lesson.

Wow. So you're pissed that for once, people were actually discussing the major additions Valve made to the Steam client... in the Steam thread... instead of the trading thread?

And I doubt it was many people, because for people in the US, you were doing this in the dead of the night. By the time I saw your request this morning, you were already calling everyone useless (which I thought was just some friendly chiding. Didn't realize you were seeing blood over it.)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You're gonna go ahead with a full frontal assault, right? Can't wait for your inevitable meltdown, I know you can do it.

It's gonna be hard to up HolyBaikal's, but I have faith in you. Please don't disappoint me.

jediyoshi

I didn't sign up for the beta until yesterday. Who knew this was going to be a money making operation. Damn you, Gabe. When will I ever learn my lesson.

Always bet on gabe.

I just put my gabe bucks towards the csgo map pass so it all evened out.

I can't install any new Steam games and get the error "An Error Occurred While Installing [Game Name] (update suspended)" and the only solution I can find it to reinstall Steam, but I don't exactly want to lose all of my installed games... can anyone help?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Don't feel so bad: I joined the group the moment it went up, but I didn't start selling anything until today. I didn't even register this could be a money making operation until I saw people going insane on the thread.

I can't install any new Steam games and get the error "An Error Occurred While Installing [Game Name] (update suspended)" and the only solution I can find it to reinstall Steam, but I don't exactly want to lose all of my installed games... can anyone help?

Delete everything from the Steam folder except the "SteamApps" subfolder. All your games will still be there when you reinstall steam.

Wok

This trading card talk is making me sad. damn you beta

Sadness has a price.

XrQgFEU.jpg

HoosTrax

And I doubt it was many people, because for people in the US, you were doing this in the dead of the night. By the time I saw your request this morning, you were already calling everyone useless (which I thought was just some friendly chiding. Didn't realize you were seeing blood over it.)
It's also weird to automatically assume that just because 6 people were actively posting in this thread, any one of them would be in a position to help with Paypal purchase issues. We have members from all around the world, and many of them can't do those types of purchases to begin with, for one reason or another.

Delete everything from the Steam folder except the "SteamApps" subfolder. All your games will still be there when you reinstall steam.

Just out of interest- I've started installing games on a second drive, so my collection's split between the two at present. If I were to do something similar, would the Steam app pick up that I've also got games on a separate volume, or is there something I would need to do to link them?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Just out of interest- I've started installing games on a second drive, so my collection's split between the two at present. If I were to do something similar, would the Steam app pick up that I've also got games on a separate volume, or is there something I would need to do to link them?

That's the one thing I don't know. IIRC, there's a file that holds what game is installed where (kinda like shortcuts.vdf). I don't know which file is that, and I don't know if keeping it would solve that issue.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Got three invites, never used the steam market but I might as well start now.

edit: holy shit, these things sell fast.

Wok

Got three invites, never used the steam market but I might as well start now.

edit: holy shit, these things sell fast.

There are max 80k invites (20k users in the beta, and each has three additional invites) in the wild, yet 140k Steam users are in the Steam group, so 60k cannot have one. I expect the invites to sell really quickly.

There were 1,000 invites sent out shortly after the group went up and then that's it I think. Not sure if anymore has been sent out.

Just got my email. Second wave?
I was around 8500 yesterday in the group.

We've just added another 10,000 users from the Steam Trading Group to the beta - emails are rolling out now.

sibarraz

Banned
Now I'm in the trading card beta, but don't know where to find it

Also I had 3 keys, and when I try to use them the system tells me that there is already on my library

That's the one thing I don't know. IIRC, there's a file that holds what game is installed where (kinda like shortcuts.vdf). I don't know which file is that, and I don't know if keeping it would solve that issue.

OK, cheers anyway. I could do with reinstalling Windows soon-ish so just wondered. I'll have a dig around the Steam forums and see if there's any info on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom