• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ah, that explains why I got drops for TF2 but not Dota 2. Thanks!

You can buy an item on TF2 or Dota 2 now to get access to the cards, but the system is only identifying items bought before the launch of the Card System.

Valve said they'll hope to get it fixed by tomorrow.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
These deals are really good and there's a TON of games I actually want for once

But Riot Fest just announced the lineup of bands and the tickets are $120, so I can't really afford to get games right now

Fuck me.
Shit, you reminded me I'm going to spend some money on the Yes tickets. Fuck!

I still want that Sam & Max bundle. I decided I'll skip the Fable one, as I'm never going to play them, it doesn't include the second game in the trilogy, and everyone says the third one is a smelly turd.

Exuro

You can buy an item on TF2 or Dota 2 now to get access to the cards, but the system is only identifying items bought before the launch of the Card System.

Good to hear. I should be able to get like an addition 100 cards in that case. :x

xJavonta

Banned
Shit, you reminded me I'm going to spend some money on the Yes tickets. Fuck!

I still want that Sam & Max bundle. I decided I'll skip the Fable one, as I'm never going to play them, it doesn't include the second game in the trilogy, and everyone says the third one is a smelly turd.

Fable III isn't bad

But it also isn't good

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Good to hear. I should be able to get like an addition 100 cards in that case. :x

I don't know what's Valve policy on users creating multiple accounts, assigning the same payment information to all those accounts and exploit the system into making obscene amounts of money.

But find out and tell me. :D

I don't know what's Valve policy on users creating multiple accounts, assigning the same payment information to all those accounts and exploit the system into making obscene amounts of money.

But find out and tell me. :D

This is why we can't have nice things.... seriously, even I got some extra coal in the Christmas sale ;)

cicero

I have no idea what just happened, I traded 6 TF2 cards for XCOM + Resident Evil 5, mindblown.

Is it just me who dislike the new profile page?
It's so cluttered, everything take a lot of space and I can't easily see if someone is online (gotta look at the avatar frame border, but the blue kinda melts into the background).
The previous design was better and easier on the eyes IMO.
WHERE WHERE.

xJavonta

Banned
Just got 3 cards from browsing gaf and waiting for Binary Domain to download. I like this.

I'm jealous. I'd love to go to Riot Fest, but I don't think I can go. :(

Why not?

Normally I wouldn't pay $120 for a concert ticket, but I've wanted to see Fall Out Boy for years now and there's a ton of other amazing bands playing so I think it's worth the insane price lol

And they're announcing more bands!

sibarraz

Banned
Still sucks that people that paid for dota 2 couldn't unlock cards. i guess that some paid the 30 dollars that the game cost. ((I paid like 7 dollars before the invite-thon)

But well

Caerith

I'm pretty sure I've unlocked achievements in games from free weekends before lol

I could be wrong, but I feel like it's happened.
Because I'm a terrible person who doesn't own Killing Floor, I made a point of playing Killing Floor when its free weekend coincided with the Coal Sale, and got no achievements.

xJavonta

Banned

That explains why I have yet to get any Dota 2 drops after idling for hours yesterday

Because I'm a terrible person who doesn't own Killing Floor, I made a point of playing Killing Floor when its free weekend coincided with the Coal Sale, and got no achievements.

Oh I can't speak for Killing Floor since I've never done a free weekend for it but I think I have for Black Ops 2.

I was checking the new profile (from a friend) and I can't see his other aliases, I remember that there was a dropbox where you can see the other aliases!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I was checking the new profile (from a friend) and I can't see his other aliases, I remember that there was a dropbox where you can see the other aliases!

It's a little arrow next to their name, it's still there on mine.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
captureb2qkn.png

Revolutionary.

Holy shit, Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed is amazing. The game has been really fun this far and the port is great.

I had a lot of problems with the first game, so I'm really glad Sega and Sumo fixed the sequel. Good job guys.

derExperte

I'm pretty sure I've unlocked achievements in games from free weekends before lol

I could be wrong, but I feel like it's happened.

You can but the achievements will disappear from your profile together with the playtime. It's as if you never played the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Last night I dreamt that GamersGate (of all places) had a Borderlands 2 DLC bundle and it was 85% off. :(

will ubisoft test app and l4d2 beta ever go away why am i cursed with them all the sudden

This is a test to see if you can resist the urge to make a new account. :p

Caerith

Last night I dreamt that GamersGate (of all places) had a Borderlands 2 DLC bundle and it was 85% off. :(

This is a test to see if you can resist the urge to make a new account. :p
Gamersgate having a completely irrational sale? What a crazy dream.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have an Steam account with almost 1300 games and Origin account with 40 games, why would i need another?

I think you're wilfully ignoring the obvious point he's making, which is even if Support does take you out of the TCG beta, you're going to end up with the new profile anyway once the beta has ended -- the only way to truly escape it is to stop using Steam.

Joe Molotov

I think you're wilfully ignoring the obvious point he's making, which is even if Support does take you out of the TCG beta, you're going to end up with the new profile anyway once the beta has ended -- the only way to truly escape it is to stop using Steam.

The only way to win is not to play the game.

ShaneB

So like, can I idle TF2 all night, just like hang out in the menu screen, and i'll wake up tomorrow and have some cards?

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Here is your answer: we can't and everyone will use this going forwards.
That's quite predictable, still its worth the try regardless.
I can't be bothered with this. If they are going to bring something new, at least make it right.
So they shouldn't get in your way if they're useless right?
It shouldn't be forced, that's the idea.
Like i said, i don't care about any of these features or users bragging about their LVL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom