• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!

I remember just reading about it in PC gamer on a plane flight and being blown away.

That was the game where you could play as a ... somewhat nipply blue girl thingy right? I remember the controversy...but not quite the game. I think I had the shareware or demo version or something.

Grief.exe

Welcome home grief mayne

Feels good.

I'm going to bed, tired from Finals.

This is strange. I don't see the NeoGAF Steam group on my list of available groups to invite you to, but I just did with Wake. I had the same issue yesterday.

EDIT: Nevermind. You are already in the NeoGAF group, that is why it doesn't show up.

Someone must have beat you to the punch, I just accepted it :)

Thanks!

Ledsen

Hey guys! I'm back.

One was me!

Who was the other?

A travesty when great games get removed from Steam. To be honest the GOG version is far superior because of the lack of DRM.

I picked it up a couple years ago and regretted it later after finding out about Tages.

Was Pandora Tomorrow ever on Steam?

They added a huge content update to the Albion Prelude expansion

http://www.egosoft.com/news/current_en.php#news907

Yes!

I remember just reading about it in PC gamer on a plane flight and being blown away.

We are hoping, I tried to email 2K Marin to confirm but couldn't find an email address on their website.

Achievements popped up for Arkham Asylum as well. I did email Rocksteady about the possibility of removing GFWL from AA and Securom from AC.

I haven't purchased AC yet since I've adopted a DRM above Steam = No buy policy. If they want to be anti-consumer with their DRM practices, than I have plenty of other games to play.

No!!

Do not buy headsets on PC, they are far over priced for the horrible audio and build quality.

Grab a nice pair of headphones and a standalone mic. I can make recommendations with your game and music preferences.

Wrath of the Lamb as an argument for bad DLC?

Usually I would be right there with you, I barely ever purchased DLC. But WotL is one of instances of DLC done right.

Play Sleeping Dogs now.

I tried to play GTAIV: BoGT over Christmas break and I just couldn't get into it. Sleeping Dogs blew me away and is now one of my favorite games of 2012.

I say this is the tagline of the next thread.

Have you been saving old posts you wanted to reply to while you were banned? :D

Wok

Wrath of the Lamb as an argument for bad DLC?

Usually I would be right there with you, I barely ever purchased DLC. But WotL is one of instances of DLC done right.

My experience with Steam is I buy DLC but don't play DLC. It is slightly different with games... thanks to the Steam Trading Cards (just kidding).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I really hope Star Trek (the game) bombing doesn't lead to Scamco abandoning the license before the Summer Sale. Half off after three weeks is great and all, but $25 for a piece of shit is still $25 for a piece of shit.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
My played time on Don't Starve just reset from over a million hours to 0.4 hours (reality is right in the middle at ~9 hours) and I got my first card from this game. Guess I'm no longer bugged. Woo!

Deques

Thank god. I was getting tired of having to go through the registry

that said,

Lord of Shadows has been updated as of 3 days ago
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 was updated as of a day ago

Let's face it. The registry is only a place to fool people with games that probably never get released in Steam

derExperte

Tapped out at $58 from selling cards (excluding Dota which doesn't work for me yet). Of course I purchased CS:GO in the process. Thanks Valve.

How?? Did you have a few 'foils'? I would only get a dollar max for my stuff. :/

Oh and I know of the Dota 2 diespenser bot but is there one where I can unload my other useless items? Like 'AirMech 2 [NO LONGER VALID]'.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No joy?

Thanks!
Haha, I laughed. ASCII TF2 or bust!

Play Sleeping Dogs now.

I tried to play GTAIV: BoGT over Christmas break and I just couldn't get into it. Sleeping Dogs blew me away and is now one of my favorite games of 2012.
Welcome back Grief! Looks like you were dying to reply to some old posts xD

I want to play it, but I'm waiting for a sale on the Year of the Snake DLC so I can have it all (except the cheats and cosmetic ones) right from the start, as I won't come back to a game to play its DLC once I'm done with the base game. I'd rather play the whole thing without stopping.

That's why I haven't played Rage either: I want the Scorchers DLC.

Nillansan

I still think that price is crazy. Too bad summer sale is too near for this game to have any sort of decent percentage off.

It is £29.99 here in the UK, which is quite normal for new games. I know that it was out on the 3DS first, but they've added a bunch of stuff and the port is supposed to be rather decent. I am okay with paying this amount for a more authentic Resident Evil experience.

Tomodachi

It is £29.99 here in the UK, which is quite normal for new games. I know that it was out on the 3DS first, but they've added a bunch of stuff and the port is supposed to be rather decent. I am okay with paying this amount for a more authentic Resident Evil experience.
Oh, i didn't know about the extra stuff. I suppose it's the usual Mercenaries, action stuff though? I don't know, considering RE6 was 30€ here when it launched I guess I expected it to be even cheaper, being a very late port of a 3DS game. Although, I heard it's supposed to be a very good one indeed, almost like an original HD game. I also love classic Resident Evil, way more than RE4 and sequels (replaying Code Veronica HD right now, God it's awesome). Sigh, I know I will cave in eventually.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
It's hard to take you seriously when you began your rant with:

I mean, it's less "I'm dissatisfied with the changes Valve is making and have concerns for the future of the community pages" and more "it's so unfair that someone has a bigger tiara FML."

Would it kill you to conduct yourself as an adult? If not, then, please, try it. If so, then, please, try it anyway.
I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks about my rant. My point still stands.

derExperte

Oh, i didn't know about the extra stuff. I suppose it's the usual Mercenaries, action stuff though? I don't know, considering RE6 was 30€ here when it launched I guess I expected it to be even cheaper, being a very late port of a 3DS game. Although, I heard it's supposed to be a very good one indeed, almost like an original HD game. I also love classic Resident Evil, way more than RE4 and sequels (replaying Code Veronica HD right now, God it's awesome). Sigh, I know I will cave in eventually.

It's good but after playing it on the 3DS I think it should be cheaper than it is now (40€) and some are overselling it a bit. I fear the levels will feel very small and cramped when played on PC, despite some added features it's still a game made for a mobile device.

1-D_FTW

Idiot. Didn't realize you needed Level 10 to have a chance at foil cards. Just did the final three achievements I needed to grind my way up. At least I didn't burn all my cards yet.

dani_dc

There's a chain(worten) here in Portugal that has RE:Revelations for preorder for 26.9 euros, which I consider a fair price for such a late port(even if improved).
I'll wait for a cheaper price though.

Nillansan

They have added Infernal Mode, which is supposed to 'remix the item and enemy placement' in addition to bumping the difficulty. A new enemy type. They have also added some new weapons and characters to Raid Mode. Maybe the additions aren't significant enough to double dip at full price.

I hope that Sven succeeds in convincing Capcom Japan to add Resident Evil 1-3 to DD services.

dani_dc

Idiot. Didn't realize you needed Level 10 to have a chance at foil cards. Just did the final three achievements I needed to grind my way up. At least I didn't burn all my cards yet.
Level 11 here and no foil cards yet.

Edit: Nearly an acidental double post, thanks for the save Nillansan!

dreamfall

I almost feel embarrassed for asking this... but did Shaun White Snowboarding ever release on Steam? Amazon is selling some Ubisoft code, but I couldn't find it on Steam :/

Chronoja

So strange!

And yet... nothing. Magically disappeared or never released?

The Amazon reviews are hilarious- "THIS DOESN'T WORK, NO PATCH"- but I'm tempted just to have something different on the PC.

It's not strange in the slightest, games are getting pulled from steam all the time
see the list Shaun White Snowboarding is #156

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom