• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I might leave TF2 and Don't Starve running overnight. Just to be perfectly clear, do you have to load up a map/instance to earn cards or can you just leave the game idling in the main menu? I imagine you can't actually idle while in a game of Don't Starve as you'll, well, starve.

Exuro

I might leave TF2 and Don't Starve running overnight. Just to be perfectly clear, do you have to load up a map/instance to earn cards or can you just leave the game idling in the main menu? I imagine you can't actually idle while in a game of Don't Starve as you'll, well, starve.
Just have to have Steam recording that you're in game. Each game I've "idled" in has been in the main menu.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You cannot be serious lol

You're complaining about features you don't have to use?

I'll never understand people.

Some people buy Invites to services for 3 USDs when they'll be available again in a couple hours for 5 cents.

other people pay upwards of 25 USD for cosmetic things that only grant you the ability to make emoticons in Chat Windows.

others complain about games being attached to their accounts forever.

Everybody is crazy.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
You cannot be serious lol

You're complaining about features you don't have to use?

I'll never understand people.

No, i'm complaining about the profile completely messed up now.
The recent played games taking over the entire page, the played games during the last weeks is gone, screenshot preview is gone, my profile info is now hidden unless i click on ''View More info'' and to add insult to injury i have to scroll all the way down to see the comments in my profile. Browsing screenshots is a disaster now.

They could have done that way much better.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs pointed this out to me tonight, it's pretty damn sweet and flew completely under my radar. It destroys the in-game option which is finnicky and inconsistent:

steamtimeo4uvw.png

Caerith

You can also get cards by playing TF2 in textmode. Just add -textmode to the command line. Won't get you hats, you actually need to be in a map for that, but if all you want is cards it'll do.

jediyoshi

You can also get cards by playing TF2 in textmode. Just add -textmode to the command line. Won't get you hats, you actually need to be in a map for that, but if all you want is cards it'll do.

Then again, you can textmode into a map and reap items like normal

-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

xJavonta

Banned
No, i'm complaining about the profile completely messed up now.
The recent played games taking over the entire page, the played games during the last weeks is gone, screenshot preview is gone, my profile info is now hidden unless i click on ''View More info'' and to add insult to injury i have to scroll all the way down to see the comments in my profile. Browsing screenshots is a disaster now.

They could have done that way much better.

Screenshots have been like this for months now. You're not getting that changed back.

You're complaining about having to click a line of text to view a useless biography of yourself that no one gives a shit about?

You're complaining about having to scroll down a little to view comments that you'll be automatically linked to anyway from your inbox?

This is amazing. I've seen people complain about some stupid shit on gaf but whoa.

I'm done. Have fun with Steam support.

xJavonta

Banned
Nabs pointed this out to me tonight, it's pretty damn sweet and flew completely under my radar. It destroys the in-game option which is finnicky and inconsistent:

[]http://abload.de/img/steamtimeo4uvw.png[/]

Me likey.

I really like the timestamps, makes it a whole lot easier to find who you played with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Ah, yeah, I'm aware of text mode, but I wasn't sure if people were just running the game with the option alone or adding other variables so the game loads up a map while in text mode. Ta.

Caerith

Thanks for the input. Next.
It's hard to take you seriously when you began your rant with:

how come i'm lvl 9 and there are users with less games or years using steam and they are lvl 12. Absolutely rubbish.
I mean, it's less "I'm dissatisfied with the changes Valve is making and have concerns for the future of the community pages" and more "it's so unfair that someone has a bigger tiara FML."

Would it kill you to conduct yourself as an adult? If not, then, please, try it. If so, then, please, try it anyway.

I'm sure this has been asked before but at what point do you reach Game Collector? 600 games?

It has nothing to do with your game count.

When you reach level 10 you can add one showcase to your profile. One of these is the "game collector" one even if you only somehow have one game. You could also add an achievement focused one or whatever.

When you hit level 20 you can add two showcases and so on.

xJavonta

Banned
It has nothing to do with your game count.

When you reach level 10 you can add one showcase to your profile. One of these is the "game collector" one even if you only somehow have one game. You could also add an achievement focused one or whatever.

When you hit level 20 you can add two showcases and so on.

Oh okay. That's odd. You'd think it would be based off of your game count, not EXP.

xJavonta

Banned
Can anyone help me figure out why I can't get Binary Domain to start? I try launching it and it says something about missing a configuration. Then I use the configuration tool to set all that up but can't find an option to save it.

Damn you Sega

Edit: Problem solved I think. The Save and Exit button wasn't visible because of my TVs low resolution (720p)

Edit 2: LOL okay, I get it working and for some reason it starts on my secondary monitor. What the fuck lol

I've got three one invite in my inv, first 1 to quote/pm/add me to steam can have them on the proviso you don't immediately sell them for like $0.32!

All gone :(

DarkFlow

Banned
Anyone want to do a stupid trade with me for the Pillar of the community badge. I guess it's not counting my old trades. I'll just trade you a Dota 2 invite, and you can trade it back or do what you want with it lol.

Blablurn

Anyone want to do a stupid trade with me for the Pillar of the community badge. I guess it's not counting my old trades. I'll just trade you a Dota 2 invite, and you can trade it back or do what you want with it lol.

why not lol. Add me on Steam. Nickname is Blablurn

Danj

Then I'll just make a scheduled task that opens and closes different source games on text mode each hour while playing Diablo III or WoW. But that's only if Valve sends me an invite.

I'd be interested in hearing if you succeed in doing this, I could set up my gaming machine to do this while I'm away at work.

When you get a card and sell it, is there a chance u get it again from playing the game?

Yes, so long as you still have drops.

Tapped out at $58 from selling cards (excluding Dota which doesn't work for me yet). Of course I purchased CS:GO in the process. Thanks Valve.

Grief.exe

Hey guys! I'm back.

Only two people have ever asked who my avatar is.

One was me!

Who was the other?

Wait...the Riddick game is not available on Steam anymore? When I click on it it brings up a 404 page on the Atari website lol...

Crap, I was hoping for a sale to get it.

A travesty when great games get removed from Steam. To be honest the GOG version is far superior because of the lack of DRM.

I picked it up a couple years ago and regretted it later after finding out about Tages.

Was Pandora Tomorrow ever on Steam?

I noticed the X3 games (and superbox) are on sale on steam. Sort of a stealth sale it seems or simply gone unnoticed by the trading card stuff.

I wouldn't advise buying them though, the discount is not as low as they've been before.

They added a huge content update to the Albion Prelude expansion

http://www.egosoft.com/news/current_en.php#news907

Man, does anyone remember Giants: Citizen Kabuto? That game was the shit.

Yes!

I remember just reading about it in PC gamer on a plane flight and being blown away.

BioShock 2 has steam achievements. Anyone know if GFWL has been patched out?

We are hoping, I tried to email 2K Marin to confirm but couldn't find an email address on their website.

Achievements popped up for Arkham Asylum as well. I did email Rocksteady about the possibility of removing GFWL from AA and Securom from AC.

I haven't purchased AC yet since I've adopted a DRM above Steam = No buy policy. If they want to be anti-consumer with their DRM practices, than I have plenty of other games to play.

I'm inches away from buying it myself as I need one.

No!!

Do not buy headsets on PC, they are far over priced for the horrible audio and build quality.

Grab a nice pair of headphones and a standalone mic. I can make recommendations with your game and music preferences.

DLCs are rarely a good purchase. This is my Steam inventory:
  • three DLCs, which I have not opened yet, although I like the base games,
  • and one game which I will open as soon as it is released.

IOQ8jEV.png

Wrath of the Lamb as an argument for bad DLC?

Usually I would be right there with you, I barely ever purchased DLC. But WotL is one of instances of DLC done right.

Compared to Just Cause 2, Saints Row 3 and GTA IV? Yeah, totally. I haven't played Sleeping Dogs yet, so I can't compare the two.

Play Sleeping Dogs now.

I tried to play GTAIV: BoGT over Christmas break and I just couldn't get into it. Sleeping Dogs blew me away and is now one of my favorite games of 2012.

Time to rename the topic to "Steam & Saoirse Ronan announcements & updates 2013".

I say this is the tagline of the next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom