• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looking back at my past support tickets I might be a bit too harsh towards them. They answered my queries at least in five days. So they might actually opt him out before the deadline.

Also:

It ultimately depends on where the topic falls within the hierarchy of immediacy. I've submitted a couple of tickets over the years and both were answered within 3 days. The first was seeking clarity on whether or not gifted pre-orders activated after release include pre-order bonuses* and the second if it were possible to have my regular CoH2 pre-order reverted to a gift item. (The answer to both was "yes".)

* I also suggested that the answer to this be added to the Gifting/Trading FAQ, but clearly this went ignored. You can lead a horse to water...

GAMERG0D

Do you mean Steam instead of PC? I ask because FFVII has already technically been "rereleased" on PC.

I know the registry stuff is still wiggling around, if there's a Famitsu announcement then the date may be soon is all.
This was a Japan announcement, I assume the games will be distributed through the JP eStore. FF VII never came to PC in Japan. However SE never really announced their iOS ports of FF IV and V and they came to the west on the same day as Japan, so I would not be surprised if they announce FF VII and VIII to come to Steam in the coming weeks. They both have icons in the Steam registry so I hope they come out soon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Konami has caught a disease.

Likely from renowned American philosopher Rob Thomas.

Edit:
amidoingitrightzkud2.jpg

Take that, society!

100 percenting it would complete the joke. Do it.

compare the header image.

but then, this is probably me misjudging the quality of a game based on it's art again.

I was just looking for an opportunity to burn the Battlefield franchise, really.

Whoa, I can choose which drive to install TF2 now. Guess that new pipeline system change went through, snazzy. And only a 6.4 GB download? aw yiss

JaseC

Thanks :) Can someone tell me how the trading card thing works if you get an invite is it attached to your profile or is it a app you need to open?

Participation via joining the official group is automatic, but if somebody sends you a spare invite (or you buy one) then I think you have to run the invite from your inventory. I'm not entirely sure as I fall within the former category.

I wonder if Resident Evil Revelations is the new Defiance.

Its out in 3 days and it hasn't even unlocked level 3 yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222480/

I'll keep an eye on it.

BrianD

Neo Member
Famitsu confirmed only a PC re-release of FFVIII; Steam wasn't specifically mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if FFVIII is, much like its predecessor, exclusive to the Squeenix Store for a while.
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I would on the contrary be quite surprised if that happened.
My theory is that they are abandoning whatever they developed for FFVII and converting it to Steamworks like all their other games, and are directly using Steamworks for FFVIII as well...

I think their experiment with FFVII was a failure overall so they are coming back to a strategy that makes more sense in the PC market.
Again, this is only speculation on my part (with some wishful thinking probably :p) but even if they don't go the extra mile and keep using their "platform" instead of Steamworks, I really don't see them keeping FFVIII exclusively on their store for more than a few weeks, if they do it at all.

I may be completely wrong, and this is SquareEnix we are talking about after all so anything is possible, for better or worse.

JaseC

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I would on the contrary be quite surprised if that happened.
My theory is that they are abandoning whatever they developed for FFVII and converting it to Steamworks like all their other games, and are directly using Steamworks for FFVIII as well...

I think their experiment with FFVII was a failure overall so they are coming back to a strategy that makes more sense in the PC market.
Again, this is only speculation on my part (with some wishful thinking probably :p) but even if they don't go the extra mile and keep using their "platform" instead of Steamworks, I really don't see them keeping FFVIII exclusively on their store for more than a few weeks, if they do it at all.

I may be completely wrong, and this is SquareEnix we are talking about after all so anything is possible, for better or worse.

You may very well be right. It's hard to be certain when the archaic Digital River is the middle man of choice for Squeenix's own store. :p

JaseC

Bugger, I just realised that I own the standard edition of Mass Effect 2 and the DDE is considered a separate product. One to note for the Summer Sale, I suppose.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I wonder if they are evr gonna patch co-op in like they said they would for Duke 3d. I couldn't get the GOG version working in co-op consistently so it would be nice.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
I can't even use the coupon on DN3D. Another useless thing that didn't serve any purpose since the Coal stuff.

He wants to retroactively opt out of the CTG beta, so even if Support did humour his request, it'd be a temporary solution. This is why it was joked that he should create a "new account" via Origin.
And this is why it shouldn't be forced upon users. Its really tragic and it pains me to see incomplete stuff in my profile. I really don't need it.
They won't answer before the new profile is permanent. If they do and you get an actual person speaking to you that would be an anomaly. At least with Origin there is someone replying to you, even if they are still far from being helpful.

They usually do, but these are mostly automated answers, however if that happens i will try to contact them again.

Nillansan

I have been working on a 'Bayonetta/Vanquish for PC' petition. ArjanN gave me the idea. I have already written the petition text. I have been sitting on it for a while actually - partly due to being very busy with work, but I also had a hard time deciding whether it would be appropriate to post about the petition in this particular thread. Let me know if you would prefer me to take this matter elsewhere. I am not allowed to make a dedicated thread at this time, as the rules state that a developer needs to support a petition for it to be thread worthy, which is perfectly understandable.

Angular Graphics and ArjanN have provided quite a bit of input, but I would love to have some feedback from more people before I launch the petition.

If anyone is up for reading the petition text, please send me a private message. I could start a Steam Group if that would make communication easier. Some suggestions on how to spread the word about this petition would also be appreciated. I have been thinking about using SteamGifts as a means to spread awareness.

In short, if you would like to help out with this petition, please PM me.

JaseC

I have been working on a 'Bayonetta/Vanquish for PC' petition. ArjanN gave me the idea. I have already written the petition text. I have been sitting on it for a while actually - partly due to being very busy with work, but I also had a hard time deciding whether it would be appropriate to post about the petition in this particular thread. Let me know if you would prefer me to take this matter elsewhere. I am not allowed to make a dedicated thread at this time, as the rules state that a developer needs to support a petition for it to be thread worthy, which is perfectly understandable.

Angular Graphics and ArjanN have provided quite a bit of input, but I would love to have some feedback from more people before I launch the petition.

If anyone is up for reading the petition text, please send me a private message. I could start a Steam Group if that would make communication easier. Some suggestions on how to spread the word about this petition would also be appreciated. I have been thinking about using SteamGifts as a means to spread awareness.

In short, if you would like to help out with this petition, please PM me.

I'm sure you're aware, but we do know that an actual, tangible PC version of Bayonetta exists.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
"Useless" isn't the same as "Unable to be used in this instance". The coupon still works as it should when Duke3D isn't discounted.

It's not because you have the equivalent of this sale over a much larger time span instead of just these 24 hours. You might not like it, but its not useless.

Yup. Coupons haven't stacked in a very long time anyways so this shouldn't come as a surprise. Besides, if you want it to hit $2.50 then the summer seal is only a few months off. I'm almost certain it'll hit at least that by then.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
"Useless" isn't the same as "Unable to be used in this instance". The coupon still works as it should when Duke3D isn't discounted.

It's not because you have the equivalent of this sale over a much larger time span instead of just these 24 hours. You might not like it, but its not useless.

Well, i don't know if it is useless for you, but it is useless for me.
Not like i care that much anyway, i already own the game but i wouldn't mind getting 2 more copies, but not if i have to pay when it should be free to those who have coupons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom