• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagoon

I have a Shogun Total War 2 75% off coupon if anyone would like it. Brings the price down to $7.50 - not my kind of game so hopefully someone here will enjoy it.

Steamid is Goonbridge

So, anyone playing Pinball FX2? Could need some people to compare scores to, so feel free to friend me.

Pretty much only devoted time to the Avengers table so far though, but I'll get to the others eventually.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Does anyone know, perchance of anywhere I can get Dragon's Lair cheaper than its current Steam price?
That redeems on Steam? Don't think so.

On one of the million other platforms it's available on? Yeah, probably. It's five dollars on the Google Play market.

Just because I read the previous page on how people are challenged by math, and how this makes me weep for the future...

I have an extra Steam copy of GRID to give away! 100% off! Who wants it?!?

Anyone want it? If you can answer this question it'd be awesome: What price results in 10% off of 20% off of 50% off of 80% off of $100??? And what would the final % off actually be?

If you can't answer that... then maybe you should buy this instead of more games.

Just because I read the previous page on how people are challenged by math, and how this makes me weep for the future...

Anyone want it? If you can answer this question it'd be awesome: What price results in 10% off of 20% off of 50% off of 80% off of $100??? And what would the final % off actually be?

If you can't answer that... then maybe you should buy this instead of more games.

I'll try my chance with 7.2$

$7.20 is the answer. 92.8% off the original price.

Can I get the copy of GRID? :)

lol

Fun math problem you put up though.

Edit: Aww :(

Congrats to Mav on the quick answer. :)

I have too much of a backlog to even play GRID anywas.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
When did this happen? Batman Arkham City DLC was pulled from the Steam store and the only way to get it is by buying the GOTY edition.

Kinda lame stifling vanilla owners. :|

ChapaNDJ

Banned
I suggest you just ignore the whelp. As he (or she) has already stated, he (or she) is just here to waste everybody's time, because...

Forums are, de dicto and de re, places for conversation. This isn't conversation. This is "I'm going to bitch about everything and ignore other people's feedback except as validation to continue bitching." The very definition of a tantrum.

Not bitching, criticism. Learn the difference.
I don't see the point in continuing this argument when i already ended it, but hey carry on with your crusade.

1-D_FTW

When did this happen? Batman Arkham City DLC was pulled from the Steam store and the only way to get it is by buying the GOTY edition.

Kinda lame stifling vanilla owners. :|

Last Winter sale. First day it was 75 percent off (jumped at it), then after a bit, they killed the discount and made it full price. Then eventually it was pulled.

To be fair, it's a huge PITA. Your purchase basically was a LIVE code buried in the serial number. You then had to go through Live to active it. Download through Live. Perform a bunch of different updates at stupidly slow speeds. I don't know if this was the reason it was pulled (I doubt it), but it should have been in a perfect world.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
No, its common sense, nothing else.

How do you know that? Duke is %50Off and i have a %50Off coupon, therefore that should give us $0 as the final price for the product.
Its not really that complicated, i hope i don't have to explain this again. :rolleyes:
Discount = 1-( (0.5)*(0.5)) = 75%.

Thanks.

DarkFlow

Banned
No, its common sense, nothing else.

How do you know that? Duke is %50Off and i have a %50Off coupon, therefore that should give us $0 as the final price for the product.
Its not really that complicated, i hope i don't have to explain this again. :rolleyes:

No, 50% off of something already 50% off makes it 25% off... not zero.

dreamfall

MATHS how do they works?!

All these percentages- I can't tell what's sarcasm or people just doing bad calculations!

I just want the Summer sale to start :/

Grief.exe

Last Winter sale. First day it was 75 percent off (jumped at it), then after a bit, they killed the discount and made it full price. Then eventually it was pulled.

To be fair, it's a huge PITA. Your purchase basically was a LIVE code buried in the serial number. You then had to go through Live to active it. Download through Live. Perform a bunch of different updates at stupidly slow speeds. I don't know if this was the reason it was pulled (I doubt it), but it should have been in a perfect world.

I've never heard pain in the ass abbreviated like that.

Chronoja

So If I just ended up with a coupon that I don't need, is there some kind of general trade market I should see?

edit: never mind you mean in steam. I don't think coupons are tradeable on the market yet (which makes sense since why would someone pay for a discount). To that end there needs to be a non monetary "trade station" to facilitate this kind of stuff, you know...the "trading" in trading cards, and coupons etc.

Ledsen

I've got 3 trading card invites to give away to those who add me on Steam within the next 10 minutes before I go to bed. NO pm's please!!!

GAMERG0D

So its summer time. What games are you guys playing?

I've got System Shock 2 and Pokemon HeartGold for my commute.
I'm kind of limited due to not having a good PC yet but I'm playing Black Ops II and I will be playing Animal Crossing and FF VIII when that comes to Steam.

Noogy

I've actually been playing a lot of RE6 (I actually sort of love it), and now that work is winding down I'm hoping to tackle either FEZ or Miasmata.

Also have System Shock 2 on Steam, a game I've never actually really enjoyed (bought it when it first came out way back) but I figured I'd give it another try.

Grief.exe

I've actually been playing a lot of RE6 (I actually sort of love it), and now that work is winding down I'm hoping to tackle either FEZ or Miasmata.

Also have System Shock 2 on Steam, a game I've never actually really enjoyed (bought it when it first came out way back) but I figured I'd give it another try.

Miasmata is actually number 2 on my Steam wishlist, game looks very interesting.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just the sales of the game were in the bottom 50 on Steam's best sellers and the tier rewards were barely past the first tier.

Then, in the last week, the game got a bunch of hype, commercials, previews, etc and it was the top seller on Steam. All reward tiers completed.

It was our hope of proving that the reward tiers are rigged, then it destroyed those hopes.
Oh, I was mistaked then. I seemed to recall that the people here who were tracking its progress got distracted with something, and when they checked again it was close to (or had just reached) completion of the 3rd tier.

Was that another game? Or did I invented the whole story in my head?

Jzero

Does anyone else's steam client crash when you search through your library for "Half-life" ?
Shit's weird.
KuGsj.gif

dreamfall

I know I shouldn't- at least not in the state it's in- but I'm thinking maybe some Resident Evil Revelations, and quite possibly Remember Me. I know, I know! Capcom :/

But this excitement about Metal Gear Rising has me hyped!

ShaneB

Haven't really dived into a deep game in a while. System Shock 2 might make sense sometime soon since I haven't ever played it. But mainly I stick to lighter stuff in the summer since I read a lot, maybe an indie game here or there, but mostly just sticking to some more pick up and play multiplayer stuff. CS:GO will be in the rotation now, Pinball FX2, hopefully Pinball Arcade soon, itching to get back into Civ V maybe, and just started another game of Xcom, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom