• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I'd go with an xbox controller if you have one handy.

I agree with this fellow GAFfer, however I did finished in the 360 back in the day.

Going to play a bit more of CS GO to take advantage of the Free weekend, the game looks fun to be honest. I still have CS 1.6 in a older Steam account that I do not use it but I'm liking this one too.

Hope this sale can happen again in better times for me, Summer Sale or similar since the deal is great.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That was the most deserving candidate for GOTY 2012, most chose to sell out for TWD, the emotional bandwagon was too much to resist.

Preach it. TWD was the best game TT has made, but it wasn't even close to the perfection that is MOTN.

Stumpu Senpai, please tell me you have played Mark of the Ninja.

Chronoja

Steam keys for Achtung Panzer should be incoming:

Edit: I thought this was the Amazon thread. Oh well, still relevant. ;)

This is interesting if true, Achtung Panzer can't be bought on steam and it's on the list of games removed.

edit gah, clicked the link and read his post, there will be no steam keys because of this reason.

That was the most deserving candidate for GOTY 2012, most chose to sell out for TWD, the emotional bandwagon was too much to resist.

If they had spent about 10 minutes patching it, then TWD would have been an easy winner.

All up it was a pretty crap year, I think my best was FTL. MOTN seemed "good" but I just don't dig stealth.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MOTN's climax is amazing and well earned.

TWD's climax rings completely hollow if you made certain decisions. Also, they should have dropped one of the last two episodes and combined the plot points into one. There is a lot of pointless stuff that just feels like it drags the game out once you get to that city.

If they had spent about 10 minutes patching it, then TWD would have been an easy winner.

All up it was a pretty crap year, I think my best was FTL. MOTN seemed "good" but I just don't dig stealth.

I didn't enjoy TWD at all and abandoned it somewhere in Episode 2. And it wasn't because of the bugs.

On the other hand, MOTN was my GOTY.

I didn't enjoy TWD at all and abandoned it somewhere in Episode 2. And it wasn't because of the bugs.

On the other hand, MOTN was my GOTY.
To me Mark was the answer to a very old question i had: If it was possible to pull off a stealth game as functional as the 3D ones". The people at Klei manage to do a 2D stealth game that doesn't need to envy much to a colossus like Chaos Theory.

It is an stuning game, only 2D game that in my opinion surpass it is Super Metroid, which many consider as the game that got closer to perfection ever.

Edit: I havent played journey, so i don't know if it was a fair candidate to GOTY.

cicero

Just got mark of the ninja from amazon... another game I won't finish! I hate amazon and valve for taking my money.

I never would have thought that stealth could be done very well in 2D, MOTN proved me very wrong. FTL would still be my GOTY even if I had played MOTN back in 2012, but since I waited until this year to try it, MOTN is my GOTY for 2013 so far. You should try it today.

I still rank MOTN far below Thief Gold and Thief 2 in terms of stealth games and greatness though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is interesting if true, Achtung Panzer can't be bought on steam and it's on the list of games removed.

edit gah, clicked the link and read his post, there will be no steam keys because of this reason.

It's still being sold elsewhere and was previously available as part of the Paradox Complete Pack until Paradox canned said bundle; the game isn't on Steam simply because Paradox never offered it as a separate product. In fewer words, there is nothing preventing Paradox from providing Steam keys, which is why Tony says he's pursuing the matter. The game's absence is simply a silly oversight rather than a result of legal issues.

Oreoleo

TWD's climax rings completely hollow if you made certain decisions. Also, they should have dropped one of the last two episodes and combined the plot points into one. There is a lot of pointless stuff that just feels like it drags the game out once you get to that city.
It's all fucking Gary Whitta's fault, really.

cicero

It's still being sold elsewhere and was previously available as part of the Paradox Complete Pack until Paradox canned said bundle; the game isn't on Steam simply because Paradox never offered it as a separate product. In fewer words, there is nothing preventing Paradox from providing Steam keys, which is why Tony says he's pursuing the matter. The game's absence is simply a silly oversight rather than a result of legal issues.
I sure hope it works out, I knew I had bought it but couldn't remember how. It was in that $7.49 Amazon "Paradox War Chest" back last November.

Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Hearts of Iron III Collection
King Arthur Collections
King Arthur II
Victoria II
Victoria II: A House Divided - Expansion

M.D

Is there anywhere else to buy Dead Island GOTY for $5 other than Amazon? sucks so much that it's region locked :/

Gvaz

Banned
System Shock 2 was fairly easy. I Played it recently so hearing various people on the internet having an issue with it is rather amusing to me.

JaseC

What's that, Steam? 12 new inventory items? Why, I wonder...

stopvalvestopiizwc.jpg

...oh.

tumblr_mkem5dws2e1s5zhruo8.gif

JaseC

would you have to launch spotflux everytime you want to play a region locked steam game, or just to activate it on the steam client?

A key being region-locked doesn't necessarily mean the game itself is. In the case of Dead Island, there are no subs that are region-restricted at the run-time level, and speaking more broadly I've never heard of a game having such a restriction outside of the sub being intended for Eastern Europe.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So, is there anyone here interested in Bioshock and Bioshock 2? Because I bought them via the Amazon sale... when I already have both on Steam, haha.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you the redeemable codes. :3

EDIT: Codes're gone.

HAs anyone bought the psycho's dlc pack for BL2? And played it?
I have some steam credit, and I want to buy it.

He's good, I'm liking him. Promotes a very aggressive, up close and highly mobile style of play which coming off the Siren is a nice change of pace. Also not as irritating as his trailer suggested. He saves his insane babble for high octane periods rather then the constant string that he output in the video.

Steam is starting to get bloated imo, I wish I could get a client completely free of big picture code for one, I am sick of seeing updates to it in the beta channel and I don't want it at all Valve. Yes I know I don't have to use it but still...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Steam is starting to get bloated imo, I wish I could get a client completely free of big picture code for one, I am sick of seeing updates to it in the beta channel and I don't want it at all Valve. Yes I know I don't have to use it but still...

BP code isn't running until you specifically start it.

BP code isn't running until you specifically start it.

Thanks for the clarification and I knew I would get flack for that, why not just make it a standalone separate client then? Makes more sense anyway for the whole steam os segment they are sort of pushing, and i just noticed that big picture mode has the same style as the new profile page. Also it has nothing to do with disk space, try again.

Thanks for the clarification and I knew I would get flack for that, why not just make it a standalone separate client then? Makes more sense anyway for the whole steam os segment they are sort of pushing, and i just noticed that big picture mode has the same style as the new profile page. Also it has nothing to do with disk space, try again.

Not bloated at all,seems the same to me. If anything it needs a redesign as a whole.

cicero

"try again"? wth. Is there like a hidden secret GAF society based on defensively nagging about the Steam client or something?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

So you are upset there is a button on the desktop UI to start it?

Xanathus

BP is integrated into the client for the same reason games with DLCs make you download the DLC data when it releases even if you haven't purchased it. It makes it easier to maintain a codebase if you know that all of your users are running the same code.

DryvBy

I wrote about how I hate indie games a few days ago. This is another one. I don't even want my money back. I just want this crap out of my Steam library now. The bad art didn't bother me at first. It was after I roamed around for 10 minutes that it became clear this isn't a video game; this is just bad art with boring music.

Normal people won't like this but hipsters that cut for Mumford and Sons certainly will.

Rating 0/10.

Chronoja

I wrote about how I hate indie games a few days ago. This is another one. I don't even want my money back. I just want this crap out of my Steam library now. The bad art didn't bother me at first. It was after I roamed around for 10 minutes that it became clear this isn't a video game; this is just bad art with boring music.

Normal people won't like this but hipsters that cut for Mumford and Sons certainly will.

Rating 0/10.

I don't usually base my reactions off the opinion of a single person but right now I'm so glad I didn't buy it on sale simply because I figured this would be the case.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Rating 0/10.

Shiiiiiiiiitttt I love Mumford.

Enco

Rating 0/10.
Totally agree with you on both indie games in general and this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom