• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellix

I would like them to at least upgrade the BP icon, this looks like something they made in 5 minutes

bEIUdZq.png

Why not use a skin?

VB2uagm.png

I wrote about how I hate indie games a few days ago. This is another one. I don't even want my money back. I just want this crap out of my Steam library now. The bad art didn't bother me at first. It was after I roamed around for 10 minutes that it became clear this isn't a video game; this is just bad art with boring music.

Normal people won't like this but hipsters that cut for Mumford and Sons certainly will.

Rating 0/10.

I don't like mumford but like proteus.

Oh god who am i

DryvBy

does it haev steam cards

Yes, and over 200 achievements. Possible achievements:
"Opposite of black." Played for 1 minute without turning the game off.
"Souls Charged" Played for 5 minutes without turning the game off.
"Are you dead?" Played for 30 minutes without turning the game off.

Peter Molyneux would say (if he was involved), "It will be an action adventure where the choices YOU make matter. For example, you pick when you want to quit the game! Amazing!!"

Peter Molyneux would say (if he was involved), "It will be an action adventure where the choices YOU make matter. For example, you pick when you want to quit the game! Amazing!!"
It's like Spec Ops and chocie, where the player becomes a monster when he does not chose to turn the game off and walk away. Few players knew that 2K/Take 2 had a secret money back policy if you explained your reasons at the store when returning the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes, and over 200 achievements. Possible achievements:
"Opposite of black." Played for 1 minute without turning the game off.
"Souls Charged" Played for 5 minutes without turning the game off.
"Are you dead?" Played for 30 minutes without turning the game off.

turn that shit around

it's a game where your choices make YOU matter

how does quitting the game make you feel

Anyone ever have issues getting your cdkey from steam bought Burnout paradise last week in the sale and still dont have a key for it went through all steam technical support too :(

Im amazed they can sell games they dont actually have >.<

Anyone ever have issues getting your cdkey from steam bought Burnout paradise last week in the sale and still dont have a key for it went through all steam technical support too :(

Im amazed they can sell games they dont actually have >.<

Origin gave that game for free to attract members.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Actually, if I can stack that Stacking coupon with the Humble Bundle, I'm pretty sure Double Fine has to pay me.

sibarraz

Banned
Still sucks that you had to buy the same type of card 5 times to get a level 5

Question, the foil cards had some advatange over the normal cards? I don't get why someone would pay 20 dollars for one unless those cards really gave you a unique gift

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Still sucks that you had to buy the same type of card 5 times to get a level 5

I figure they will probably add more sets for TF2 so I'm not pursuing further badges for now. I'll probably get to level 2 in HL2/Portal/CSGO off my two brothers who don't care about the cards though.

sibarraz

Banned
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sibarraz/

I wonder which other BG has the game

Question, if you don't had card drops in dota, could you still buy cards of the game to complete a collection?.

Don't know why I'm asking, witm my level 1 in go I'm happy, but if I found a cool bg maybe I could purchase it in the market if somebody sold it

Exuro

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sibarraz/

I wonder which other BG has the game

Question, if you don't had card drops in dota, could you still buy cards of the game to complete a collection?.

Don't know why I'm asking, witm my level 1 in go I'm happy, but if I found a cool bg maybe I could purchase it in the market if somebody sold it
Buying is the same thing as having it dropped if that's what you're asking. They're just different ways of obtaining them.

Mairu

Anyone want any of the following coupons?

-25% Zeno Clash 2
-25% Little Inferno
-50% Tropico 4
-66% Fallen Enchantress

They expire at the end of the month and state they don't stack with other discounts.

Also, anyone have any idea why this background doesn't show up on the market (Or at least I can't find it):

330x192

It's labeled "Gordon & Alyx" but I can only see the card and a "Gordon & Alyx 2" background.

StuBurns

Banned
Usually when I tell someone that something made me cry, I meant tears were literally coming out of my eyeballs.
As much as I don't like the hyperbole generation, we're all guilty of it.

The game is completely rad, and I did think it was moving, unlike 95% of games I play. I know why people hate these games, and that's fine, but I think a lot of people would write them off just because of the 'non-game' dismissal.

Grief.exe

So who is gonna play Raid mode with me when RE:R is down to $20?

I can't find the post that really sold me on raid mode, I will try to get in touch with the guy who originally made it.

EDIT: found the post that originally sold me on raid mode

Lemme break down Raid Mode for you. It's a separate mode, and you can play in single-player or co-op, offline or online.

You start at lv. 1. You level up to lv. 50. Your enemies range from lv. 1 to lv. 50, as well. And in Raid, there are other twists like tiny versions of enemies that are super-fast (hilariously terrifying, in the case of the chainsaw monster), or supersized versions of enemies that are slow but tremendously strong and resilient.

Where the weapons are concerned... You have a variety of handguns, shotguns, machine guns, magnums and rifles. Each has a level -- the higher the level, the stronger the weapon, but you must match or exceed the level in order to equip. Weapons also have a randomized number of slots -- I think the max is like eight or 10. Each slot can house a "part," with the best parts being the "illegal custom parts" squirreled away in optional corners of the levels.

Parts can increase firing speed, hitting power, accuracy, ammo capacity, penetration (for striking multiple foes in one shot), and so on. There are even ones that increase your shots in power the closer/farther you are to an enemy, or that scale in power based on other factors. Some even increase or decrease the target's aggression once shot.

Naturally, the more slots your weapon has, the more ways you can power it up. This makes the pursuit of high-level, high-slot loot in the game VERY addictive, and adds to your incentive to level up, and complete levels on higher difficulties. You also unlock characters as you level up, which you can view in great detail in Raid's model viewer.

There are also other weapons, like decoy bombs that lure away enemies before exploding, and underwater bombs you can use, well, underwater. (And swimming controls are superior here to what they were in RE6, and I say that as someone who otherwise loved the mechanics in that game.)

And remember, there's NO TIME LIMIT in Raid. Unlike Mercs, you don't have the clock breathing down your back. Don't get me wrong, I -love- Mercs, but Raid is definitely a nice change of pace. There are 20 levels, all expansive missions lifted from the game, each with three difficulty levels. There are at least 12 characters now.

And Ghost Ship, the secret 21st level, is INCREDIBLE. It spans the ENTIRE ship, with multiple false exits and multiple paths to the true ending. With the heart-thumping music, and the HUGE challenge, it's a freaking adventure in itself. A Ghost Ship run can take a solid hour. No saving, no starting over, just BRACE YOURSELF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom