• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

So who is gonna play Raid mode with me when RE:R is down to $20?

I can't find the post that really sold me on raid mode, I will try to get in touch with the guy who originally made it.

EDIT: found the post that originally sold me on raid mode

Yeah, that's the price point I'm waiting for. I tried the demo and the game at least feels like old resident evil but with a few decent modern updates (you can move and shoot).

I want RE:6 for mercenaries but that game is going to have to get a deep discount since I have no interest in the campaign whatsoever. I really wish there was a standalone mercenaries game on steam....

FYC

Banned
Aww man, I joined the group and never got an e-mail. Phooey.

I am hooked on ROSE though. Damn F2P grindin' MMO nostalgia.

celebi23

Here's what I've got to trade:
Half-Life 2:
  • Alyx Vance
  • G-Man
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Respite
Portal 2:
  • Destruction
  • Finale
  • The Lab
  • Mannequin
Team Fortress 2:
  • Engineer
  • Pyro
  • Spy
  • Heavy

Here's what I'm looking for:
Don't Starve:
  • Maxwell
  • Sure Beats Darkness
  • Titlecard
  • Smallbirds
  • The Birds and the Bees and the Dogs
  • Deerclops
  • :dstools:
  • :dswilson:
  • :dssmallbird:
  • :dshound:
  • :dswilsonscared:
  • :dsmagic:

Shoot me a PM, or a message on Steam if you're interested

cicero

As much as I don't like the hyperbole generation, we're all guilty of it.

The game is completely rad, and I did think it was moving, unlike 95% of games I play. I know why people hate these games, and that's fine, but I think a lot of people would write them off just because of the 'non-game' dismissal.
I tend to write games off that are exaggerated about, creating a false image of and expectation for some superior game experience that is never actually fulfilled.

eyeless

thanks to leon belmont for the steam beta inviiite
i'm in the club

edit: the thing is cause of my obsessive nature i won't idle in games and fuck up my currently accurate play times (except that time i fell asleep for 3 hours after pausing just cause 2) to get these cards though, anyone know if i could disconnect from the internet before i go to sleep then run a game, would i still get the drops? or do you need to be online

KarmaCow

How the hell have TF2 Robokeys already dropped below store prices on the community market? Does Valve sell them for less in Russia or something?

Grief.exe

thanks to leon belmont for the steam beta inviiite
i'm in the club

edit: the thing is cause of my obsessive nature i won't idle in games and fuck up my currently accurate play times (except that time i fell asleep for 3 hours after pausing just cause 2) to get these cards though, anyone know if i could disconnect from the internet before i go to sleep then run a game, would i still get the drops? or do you need to be online

I'm the same way, I don't want to make my play times inaccurate.

HoosTrax

Are they serious with this? Freaking IRS...

68519590.png

30310106.png

83436466.png

Do people who sell on the Diablo 3 RMAH have to deal with this crap? Does this mean I have to pay taxes on my Market profits?

All I want to do is play the copy of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon that a friend gifted me but uPlay won't go into online mode.

Solution: skipping agreeing to their ToS (Ask Me Later instead of clickiong the check box and agreeing) allowed uPlay to access its online mode. Awesome client Ubisoft.

HoosTrax

You have to give Steam your social security number? Wat.
Apparently. What's the world coming to when you can't even selling virtual crap without the IRS trying to get their dirty mitts involved. Where do I sign up for the Tea Party...

Reading the fine print, Valve won't report me to the IRS unless I make more than $20,000 a year, so I'm probably fine for now. I doubt they're gonna verify the SSN number I enter into the form until then.

Joe Molotov

That's some bullshit, considering the just give you store credit. Does Gamestop ask for your SS# when you sell stuff there, or even Ebay?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's some bullshit, considering the just give you store credit. Does Gamestop ask for your SS# when you sell stuff there, or even Ebay?

I'm hardly familiar with US law, but I'd guess GameStop doesn't need to because you're not selling to another party via GameStop but to GameStop itself. With that in mind, yes, eBay does.

Edit: Derp, I just realised that's the help page for whatever the hell eBay's offshoot Half.com is, but the situation is obviously the same.

HoosTrax

I'm hardly familiar with US law, but I'd guess GameStop doesn't need to because you're not selling to another party via GameStop but to GameStop itself. With that in mind, yes, eBay does.
So it's the same, seemingly arbitrary "200 transaction / $20,000" limit with eBay sales...how do they come up with this shit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I do believe Gamestop will take your information once you start pawning enough games, too.

That may be to make sure you aren't a stupid criminal and simply just a stupid consumer!

Ohh!

eyeless

is there a way for me to unfeature a badge from my profile

i only did it to get level 1 pillar of community and i don't want to feature a badge it's lame

HoosTrax

is there a way for me to unfeature a badge from my profile

i only did it to get level 1 pillar of community and i don't want to feature a badge it's lame
Go to Badges, mouseover the one you want, click on Details, click on Feature this Badge in My Profile

HoosTrax

sry you've misread my post, i want to not feature a badge, to remove the badge i've already featured so there is none\
thanks though
Ah ok, I figured there was a different badge you'd rather have featured instead of the offending one. Not sure if there's a way to have no badge.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is there an issue getting the game to run or some license in limbo?kind of weird part two is out and not the first.

I don't think they've ever gone on record for the reason why. It would be a lot easier to run on a host of systems too as you can DosBox it.

I'm sure if SS2 does well enough all the companies involved in the rights mess with SS1 will come to the table.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Did the Steam Rating hit the dust with the new profile?
Seems like they've dumped it in favor of expanding the Recent Game Activity and making it more useful by including the last played date for the last 6 played games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
sry you've misread my post, i want to not feature a badge, to remove the badge i've already featured so there is none\
thanks though

It's not possible to do so at the moment, as far as I can tell. Visiting the page of another badge gives you the option to feature it, however the page for your currently-featured badge offers no option to remove it.

How the hell have TF2 Robokeys already dropped below store prices on the community market? Does Valve sell them for less in Russia or something?

The keys aren't sold for less but games are. And the keys are used as a currency to buy those games across regions. That's why they're cheaper.

eyeless

Seems like they've dumped it in favor of expanding the Recent Game Activity
this is glorious btw look at it
one of the best new things, shows all your played games
only thing is i'd prefer if it was styled like they are on the profile page and included the last played date, and also looks like only the first 10 show achievements for some dumb reason

Sober

I don't think they've ever gone on record for the reason why. It would be a lot easier to run on a host of systems too as you can DosBox it.

I'm sure if SS2 does well enough all the companies involved in the rights mess with SS1 will come to the table.
I got the impression from most people who played SS1, either when it came out or recently (as recent as SS2 coming back on GOG) that it aged pretty poorly in nearly every department and is a pretty big hassle to get running. Just playing it seems to be completely archaic somehow.

My brain is overheating.

As a simple example... suppose there is a Steam game that costs $50 for you but $25 in Russia. A Russian can buy the game and sell it to you for $35, which benefits both buyer and seller. You buy $35 worth of keys and give it to him in exchange for the game. He then undercuts Valve by selling the keys for $30 in the Steam market and still makes a profit of $5.

The values aren't accurate but that's the general concept. Other than that, key prices go down because some are 'carded' (bought with stolen credit cards). I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to try and sell those in the Steam market though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom