• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Hmm..

9894c6c94dca1b2c6f1836a3c780d8504efdd4ef.jpg

http://steamdb.info/app/200110/

I wonder if this is Legacy of Kain related.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd say the one thing that irks me about Alan Wake's PC port is that the shadow resolution cast by enemies wasn't increased, so if you happen to light a flare near any physical object, the shadow map will be Minecraftesque. Having said that, though, I love that the engine uses volumetric lighting and so literally every object casts a shadow. I could make a cake joke, but I won't. ;)

Hmm..

9894c6c94dca1b2c6f1836a3c780d8504efdd4ef.jpg

http://steamdb.info/app/200110/

I wonder if this is Legacy of Kain related.

There's no room for error.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The boss fights in Rayman Origins are retarded. It is one gorgeous looking game, but having to memorize sequences in order to defeat bosses is just ridiculous.

what, dude? the whole game is a love letter to platforming and it shines as one of the greatest examples in the genre. it's a brilliant game from start to finish, especially the awesomely difficult boss battles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We need some input from Steam experts here and only experts.

Do you guys see Sleeping Dogs hitting sub 6.00 in any upcoming sales?

The game recently saw a base price drop to $25, which lends itself to such a low price, but I'd say a 66% discount is the best you should hope for, which would put it at $8.50.

zkylon

zkylewd
Glass Rebel Diner is fucking ruined! :(
or it'll be filled with sicky weirdos that keep on asking to see how the sausage's made

also I imagine ordering anything with milk in it at a breastaurant might be equally disgusting

but then again you're dining at a breastaurant, so you're a disgusting person overall

Okay, I've hit my stride with Alan Wake. Made a bit more progress and I'm understanding how it works a bit more. Thanks for the advice, y'all!
nice :)

Show me your doctorate in steamology. He said experts only.
Yea, junior back yourself to that corner and cry.
jesting need4speed, thanks for answering
Just buy it on Gamersgate and enjoy it, damnit.
But im taking it to the limit here!

No really, my game plate is full now. So i won't be able to play it for some months. That's why im asking is will go under 6.
The game recently saw a base price drop to $25, which lends itself to such a low price, but I'd say a 66% discount is the best you should hope for, which would put it at $8.50.
If i was faithful and just go Gabe only, but i like putting the horns to the guy.

My name confirms that I'm an expert and I say: Yes.
You see people, derEXPERTe here says it will so it's setled.
I'm showing a 67% chance on my steamometer.
And joe closes with the explosive ending.

Thanks and good night!

Grief.exe

If you can't play it for months, just wait.

The GG price will at least be matched by Amazon, GMG, etc during the Summer Sales.

And that is worst case scenario, likely the price will be lower.

don't spend money on a game that you won't play for a long time

unless you're suarez

or xelios
The man has talked.

If zkylon says: "Refreshment jump from this bridge!"

Then i would instantly... open up Steam and not buy Sleeping Dogs.

Your buying advice is always welcomed man and for the record, suicide ones are not XD

zkylon

zkylewd
personally I'm not a big fan of sleepy dogs because I feel like it had all the potential in the world and then went all RDR and destroyed it with a terrible second act that soured the whole thing for me.

That's not how Steam sales work
truth be told after I went freelance and stopped getting them fat paychecks at the end of the month I've had to go guerrilla on steamsales and shit, so that'd been my dogma for a year and a half now.

I miss dem guilty pleasures

Tomodachi

KRZ impressed me so that I felt compelled to post a review. Act II was originally scheduled for release in April, but with a delay into May and it still being a no-show, June/July seems more likely. (Something something Summer Sale something something. :p)
Thanks for the insight, I think I put it on my wishlist when it came out but never really bothered to understand what it was all about. I'll make it mine next sale. Also I sent you a friend request, hope that's fine :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
A new game music bundle is starting very soon
It has started

Level 1 - $1
  • 7/11: 7th Guest and 11th Hour Original Soundtrack
  • Duke Nukem 3D: Original Soundtrack
  • Myst : The Soundtrack
  • Jazz Jackrabbit 1 & 2
  • Tyrian

Level 2 - $10
  • NUKEM: Duke 3D Remixes
  • Shadow Warrior: Original Soundtrack
  • Duke Nukem II: Original Soundtrack
  • Wacky Wheels: Original Soundtrack
  • Major Stryker: Original Soundtrack
  • Stargunner: Original Soundtrack
  • Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure: Original Soundtrack
  • Jazz Jackrabbit 3
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • Alter Ego Dreamwalker OST
  • Edge
  • Magnetis - Original Game Soundtrack
  • Lava Blade

http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/
The Apogee fan in me is asking me to buy this. And the Jazz Jackrabbit fan is doing the same.

I wish the second level was $5 instead of $10...

Grief.exe

Just checked and yes, it's not there.

People are complaining about the issue on the Steam forums.

Looks like we got the proof we needed that its not rigged.

Will definitely think twice about pre-ordering games from Steam now. Which I rarely do anyways.

Sets a precedent like the Supreme Court.

Grief.exe

Roe v. Gabe

Roe v. Gabe, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), is a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of pre-orders. Decided simultaneously with a companion case, Sven v. Kotick, the Court ruled 7–2 that a right to privacy under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a man or woman's decision to pre-order a game, but that right must be balanced against Valve's legitimate interests in regulating pre-orders: protecting publisher reward tiers.

Arguing that Valve's interests became stronger over the course of a pre-order, the Court resolved this balancing test by tying publisher regulation of pre-order reward tiers to the game's release date.

Whilst that is compelling evidence, I would still suggest it is much more likely that preorders are completely rigged....but Capcom just forgot.

Sullichin

I dunno where else to put this

Does the newer XB360 controller with the revised d-pad still accept the same drivers/wireless adaptor as the old one? I have some crappy bootleg adaptor, which I don't think makes a difference because it uses the MS drivers. My A button is stuck and I figure I might as well get the newer one as a replacement, but I don't wanna be xboned (haha get it) if it doesn't work on PC cause that's the only place I'd use it really.

zkylon

zkylewd
man those reward tiers are so bad

hey guys here's all these cool things we could've given you for trusting us enough to pay money for an unreleased game!

oh wait we didn't get enough money to fill this cute abstract bar!

fekkk you!

but make sure you buy our season pass trololol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
God me and Cosmo go way back.

Getting old ..... fuck it, I am old. :(
You're a Cosmo lover too? That's fucking amazing, I'm sending a SteamHug your way!

That game, Secret Agent, Jill of the Jungle, Hocus Pocus, Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Duke Nukum, Duke Nukem 3D, Wacky Wheels and Quake defined my childhood. I loved Death Rally too, but I wasn't good at it, and Jazz Jackrabbit 2, which I got for free thanks to a PC encyclopedia and became one of my favorite games of all time. I'd go as far as to call it the best 2D platformer I ever played (yes, I played and loved SMB3 and Sonic 2, and no, I'm not crazy).

I dunno where else to put this

Does the newer XB360 controller with the revised d-pad still accept the same drivers/wireless adaptor as the old one? I have some crappy bootleg adaptor, which I don't think makes a difference because it uses the MS drivers. My A button is stuck and I figure I might as well get the newer one as a replacement, but I don't wanna be xboned (haha get it) if it doesn't work on PC cause that's the only place I'd use it really.
I assume you mean the twisty dpad? But either way, all 360 controllers, official and third party, operate on the same drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom