• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to hang it up. Got to the pyramid area boss and it went full on Gunstar Heroes in terms of crazy boss antics but you know, without giving you a gun or any real way to defend yourself.

Will absolutely come back to it when I have more resolve. I have a similar situation going on right now with FEZ. Game just makes me feel like an idiot.

and as long as we are talking about david lynch, which is your favorite film of his? I'm a Lost Highway guy myself.

Honestly, the difficulty of the action-y parts isn't really a problem. You become really powerful later on, and don't really have to beat any hard bosses until you do.

If I couldn't beat a puzzle in FEZ and had to look up something, it was absolutely clear how I could've arrived at the solution myself if I was more perceptive or less lazy. But with La-Mulana, it's absolutely impossible. There are puzzles where incomprehensible hints are scattered about the world in 3 different completely random places and you can't progress until you've done a very specific thing in one (or multiple) very specific areas. And IF you solve a puzzle, most of the time the game doesn't even give you a hint WHERE in the world something changed, and it's not a small game. It's not clever, it's just annoying and not fun.

Well that's not encouraging. I've definitely tempered my expectations for the end of the game at least. Is there a certain (non-spoilery) part where it all goes to hell, or is it more of a decline from here on out?

Depends if you played SS1 or not I suppose.

But it isn't really that bad and it is right at the end...but, well you'll know when you get there.

Caerith

I had to hang it up. Got to the pyramid area boss and it went full on Gunstar Heroes in terms of crazy boss antics but you know, without giving you a gun or any real way to defend yourself.

Will absolutely come back to it when I have more resolve. I have a similar situation going on right now with FEZ. Game just makes me feel like an idiot.

and as long as we are talking about david lynch (everyone), which is your favorite film of his? I'm a Lost Highway guy myself.
Return of the Jedi.

Someone should make a video game.

Yes, yes, Alan Wake.
Speaking of, how badly was Indigo Prophecy butchered/censored, and why was it removed from Steam?

Also Persona 4

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
+1 to this, played it at a mates place all the time because my family was too poor to own one of those flash personal computers. i remember he had it set as a boot option so you turned on the pc and you could boot right into the game bypassing dos and windows. Must have had something to do with conserving system resources, but I was a kid back then, I just thought it was rad you didn't have to wait 15 minutes for the computer to boot up entirely. Good times :D
DOS? That's JJ1 then. Great game too, but it was MUCH harder than the sequel. Only recently I managed to beat (almost) the whole game.

JJ2 was incredible. Including the level creator with it was pure genius: I spent countless hours downloading and playing custom made levels (tried making my own a couple of times, and they sucked) and playing "test" levels in multiplayer.

I'm always lamenting the fact that CliffyB won't be making a new one. Such a great series (if we don't consider JJ Advance a part of it, that is).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat System Shock 2.

Solid experience overall, and definitely cements itself as one of the greatest games of all time.

Can't wait to play other, similar classics like Deus Ex or Jedi Knight 2.

Going to play some games in the interim though, don't want to get burned out on the genre.
Oh nice, you're in for a treat with either game. I'd go with Jedi Outcast if you want to feel powerful as a jedi master and experience that lightsaber combat goodness, and Deus Ex if you want a deep and engrossing game.

Both of them are fantastic titles, I'm glad for you!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That mega update was right after that free weekend actually.

When they originally scheduled that free weekend they assumed they would have all the work done, but they didn't quite have it finished.

Ahh I see. I shall fire the free weekend up then!

FYC

Banned
0n8vK69.png

look it's salsa and jasec

someone buy me magic 2k13 in exchange for my hardwork plz jk

Also Mysteries Of The Sith is a fucking awesome expansion for Dark Forces II. I'm gonna go read the Thrawn Trilogy now.

PriitV

I have quite a few games and I have no idea what to play next :/ Based on steamgafs last suggestion, I completed Mark of the ninja and loved it.

Nabs

I just don't want enemy-based puzzle design. The trailers and screens don't show it, but Indie devs can be some deceptive motherfuckers.

Honestly, The Swapper looks like some shit I might hate. I might need you to take this bullet.

I have quite a few games and I have no idea what to play next :/ Based on steamgafs last suggestion, I completed Mark of the ninja and loved it.

I'm glad you liked it! What games do you have on your plate?

StuBurns

Banned
I have a question about Steam achievements. I've been working through the Duke 3D ones, and now I'm on the three 'locked' achievements, one of them is for going to the Doom guy on level three, but when I go there, it doesn't pop, anyone know why?

Nabs

It looks like that xbla game Raskulls to me without the Mr.Driller hook. If you ever played that.

I can dig a competitive speed running platformer.

For sure. If it's any good, I could see it becoming a small hit with youtubers/streamers.

you got it man. it all hinges on them doing the two pack now.

There is a Rush Bros 2-pack is in the registry now.

-------------------------

I like when developers/pubs push out small BPM updates. I don't know how new this is, but it's pretty cool:

Kazarov

Neo Member
I have a question about Steam achievements. I've been working through the Duke 3D ones, and now I'm on the three 'locked' achievements, one of them is for going to the Doom guy on level three, but when I go there, it doesn't pop, anyone know why?

When i last played it, you had to be in the duke 3d beta for them to work.

Storm360

Those achievements aren't in the current build, enrol in the public beta to try them

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
-->Full list of already existing deals for titles which activate on Steam can be found here<--

New & notable deals:

[Amazon]

[GetLoadedGo] - credit to hylje for the heads up
  • 2 for $10
    • Aliens vs. Predator
    • Binary Domain
    • Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
    • Dungeon Siege III
    • F.E.A.R.
    • Hotline Miami
    • Just Cause 2
    • Medieval II: Total War Collection
    • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
    • Puddle
    • Red Orchestra 2: GOTY
    • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    • The Cave
    • Worms: Ultimate Mayhem
[GMG] - use code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ for an additional 20% off
5/25 - Hitman: Absolution & Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition will be 66% off
5/26 - The Last Remnant will be 75% off
5/27 - Legacy of Kain series will be 75% off​

[Humble Bundle Weekly] - credit to alr1ght for the deal
  • $1.00+
    • Alan Wake Collector's Edition
    • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
[Nuuvem]

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Drakensang: ROT is a good RPG. For $3 I think you'd be crazy to pass it up because of lack of controller support, which is really rare in PC-only RPGs anyways.

edit: holy crap at Tomb Raider for $14 already.

Yea both of the Drakensangs are really good, but they don't have controller support (thank god).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom