• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since I was a tard and managed to empty out my paypal wallet into my steam account I currently can't get the indie bundle and I need that Alan Wake straight into my veins. So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in anything currently on sale for under 3€ on steam for a trade.

I could give you American Nightmare for free if you want.

So since I was a tard and managed to empty out my paypal wallet into my steam account I currently can't get the indie bundle and I need that Alan Wake straight into my veins. So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in anything currently on sale for under 3€ on steam for a trade.

I might be able to help, but I'm interested in steam cards right now, Alan Wake for steam cards?

Grief.exe

Speaking of, how badly was Indigo Prophecy butchered/censored, and why was it removed from Steam?

Indigo Prophecy is another amazing game I would love to see back on Steam.

The end stretch sucks

I think I'll be joining you in the System Shock 2 veterans club in the next couple days! Hopefully Morrowind will be my palate cleanser, as it were.

I've reached the point late in the game after
deck six
where you have to
kill all the new eggs. The Rickenbacker feels quite different from the Von Braun so far, atmospherically.
. But I like it. Is the end stretch any weaker than the rest of the game, or just more linear?

I agree, the end stretch is definitely not as good.

I also think destroying an arbitrary amount of hidden eggs is bad game design.

I found them all easily, but not a good idea.

Grief.exe

Was anyone able to find out why Dust is scheduled to come out today, but doesn't unlock until the 25th?

Noogy said they had to go through a Steam store update in order to fix the glitch.

Dust should be available at 10 PST for the update, or an hour later.

They desperately need a demo.

I see you have a couple hours in the GTA4 Episodes, I highly recommend playing The Ballad of Gay Tony to completion.

Bastion and XCOM are fantastic experiences as well.

I tried to get into ballad of Gay Tony a few months ago, but I couldn't do it.

The sloppy controls, bad port, bad checkpoints...I just put it down.

Then I played Sleeping Dogs. My mind was blown.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[GetLoadedGo] - credit to hylje for the heads up
  • 2 for $10
    • Aliens vs. Predator
    • Binary Domain
    • Duke Nukem 3d: Megaton Edition
    • Dungeon Siege III
    • F.E.A.R.
    • Hotline Miami
    • Just Cause 2
    • Medieval II: Total War Collection
    • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
    • Puddle
    • Red Orchestra 2: GOTY
    • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    • The Cave
    • Worms: Ultimate Mayhem

Hey Xelios! Thanks for the trading card invite!

You're welcome! I sent one to all my friends list who didn't have them, around 70 in all. =p

Zia

So, I think I prefer Mountain Blade to Chivalry. There's an elegance, even with all of the rough edges, to M&B that's lost in Chivalry's high-gloss aesthetic, and sense of speed. It's definitely not as readable, but I'm going to play around with it some more later.

So, I think I prefer Mountain Blade to Chivalry. There's an elegance, even with all of the rough edges, to M&B that's lost in Chivalry's high-gloss aesthetic, and sense of speed. It's definitely not as readable, but I'm going to play around with it some more later.

You are probably right, I was a huge fan of Chivalry but they slowed the game down far too much which in addition to the community being really bad these days I honestly can't recommend the game anymore to new players.

Edit: Choklit, pretty sure there is a setting for that.

Kind of OT, but it's strange (and super refreshing) being in this thread, and seeing how happy everyone is here compared to the madness that's going on in the Xone threads.

At the same time, I remember 2004 and how anti-Steam the boards used to be and how Steam was the death of PC gaming blah blah blah.

Just weird. Deja-vuy.

SO TO CELEBRATE! LET'S DO A HAPPY FRIDAY WE ALL LOVE EACHOTHER AND GAMING IS GOOD GIVEAWAY!

GONE!

Kind of OT, but it's strange (and super refreshing) being in this thread, and seeing how happy everyone is here compared to the madness that's going on in the Xone threads.

At the same time, I remember 2004 and how anti-Steam the boards used to be and how Steam was the death of PC gaming blah blah blah.

Just weird. Deja-vuy.

SO TO CELEBRATE! LET'S DO A HAPPY FRIDAY WE ALL LOVE EACHOTHER AND GAMING IS GOOD GIVEAWAY!

I have a Steam Gift of Chivalry and a Steam Gift of System Shock 2.

First come, first served. Who wants em.

Chivalry

That would be nice~~~
Always wanted to try it out. Thanks man!

This is the beauty of NeoGAFs Steam-Thread :D

dave is ok

aztek is ok

Just weird. Deja-vuy.

I have a Steam Gift of Chivalry and a Steam Gift of System Shock 2.

First come, first served. Who wants em.

SS2! Thanks

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
[GetLoadedGo] - credit to hylje for the heads up
  • 2 for $10
    • Aliens vs. Predator
    • Binary Domain
    • Duke Nukem 3d: Megaton Edition
    • Dungeon Siege III
    • F.E.A.R.
    • Hotline Miami
    • Just Cause 2
    • Medieval II: Total War Collection
    • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
    • Puddle
    • Red Orchestra 2: GOTY
    • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    • The Cave
    • Worms: Ultimate Mayhem

Wow, that's a surprisingly great list.

Thanks to CosmicQueso for Chivalry!!!!

Though I can not activate it right now, since the free weekend-stuff right now. But at least I can already install it.

SteamGAF is really the best. Thanks~

Anyone needs Alan Wake American Nightmare?

Grief.exe

Or a few months late, depending on how you look at it.

Good point, I was referring to Noogy's statements that we would have to wait for a store update.

Looks like we got it a little earlier.

I'm in

w4qbekz.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Get Games Go have another make your own bundle going:

Hotline Miami
The Cave
Duke Nukem 3D
Binary Domain
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Aliens vs Predator
Medieval Total War II Collection
Puddle
Worms Ultimate Mayhem
Dungeon Siege III
Red Orchestra II
Just Cause 2
Op Flashpoint: Red River
FEAR

All 2 for £6 and all Steam redeemable

Edit: Just noticed Xelios beat me :)

New page, don't worry!

I may snag Binary Domain and Stealth Bastard/The Cave.

sunnz

Get Games Go have another make your own bundle going:

Hotline Miami
The Cave
Duke Nukem 3D
Binary Domain
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Aliens vs Predator
Medieval Total War II Collection
Puddle
Worms Ultimate Mayhem
Dungeon Siege III
Red Orchestra II
Just Cause 2
Op Flashpoint: Red River
FEAR

All 2 for £6 and all Steam redeemable

Edit: Just noticed Xelios beat me :)

The new Xbox may have integrated TV and Call of Duty offers dogs, but neither shall provide cheap games at 2 for £6!

LOL, perfect.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That Tomb Raider price... hmmm...

I'll have to think a lot about not getting it... Hrrrmmm..

Can it go 75% on the impending Summer Sale? That would make it a little (every little) cheaper (thanks to local currency exchange)...

Erudite

Didn't get any GMG Cashback from Sleeping Dogs, even though it's in the description...
My experience with it in the past indicates that it takes a few business days before it'll appear.

I had to contact support before mine would come through.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
My experience with it in the past indicates that it takes a few business days before it'll appear.

I had to contact support before mine would come through.

Why would you take cashback that takes a couple days to reach you other than instant store-credit that can be applied to any other game is beyond me.

The fact that you're buying a game is an indication that you will buy more games in the future, so cashback is less money, no matter how you justify it.

Ledsen

Quick game review since I just beat it.

Singluarity

The game was a decent cheap, B-tier type of game that was marred with several problems.

Gameplay
The game's main attraction is the TMD, the Time Manipulation Device. During the course of the game you upgrade it's abilities from opening time rifts to using the device to pick up objects and fling at foes. Most of the abilities aren't satisfying in the slightest. The only thing that actually offers a good bit of satisfaction is the Impulse ability, which pushes enemies back sometimes causing them to lose their limbs. You can just stick to regular guns as the abilities don't seem to do any more damage quicker than just shooting someone in the face with a shotgun.

Really? To me, activating a time bomb, shooting it full of rounds and waiting for it to expire is one of the most satisfying feelings in a video game ever. I LOVED the time powers overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom