• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Adult Swim games need deluxe versions on Steam.

Also, I just wish I wasn't saving every penny at the moment so I could buy Super Puzzle Platformer.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I would hope that a game that comes out 5 years later made improvements to the open world formula. That would be pretty pathetic if it hadn't.

I recommended GTA4 episodes because he had 25 hours played of GTA4 and several hours already put into the episodes. I don't think he is going to come running to this thread crying about how it's not Sleeping Dogs.
6 years. That's the time frame between GTA Vice City and IV. That's beyond pathetic then.

Enco

I'd say the price will go down even further what with how Squeenix is doing financially lately, only buy if you're gonna play it immediately.

The game is heavily inspired by Naughty Dog's cinematic adventures, so yes. Uncharted, Drake's Fortune in particular, excites my inner child who's always been fascinated by ancient/former civilisations and lost treasure, and in this respect, despite the more obnoxious reliance on combat, Tomb Raider doesn't particularly falter.

Speaking of the combat, the game is tremendously easy with the kb&m due to the extra precision. Enemies that are covered in armour are handily overcome if you're a good shot with the mouse; there wasn't a single moment where I felt overwhelmed, even during the later stages in the game where you're essentially stuffed if you don't get headshots.
Looks like it's worth playing.

I have quite a few games to get to but I don't mind going through TR first.

How long is it roughly?

edit: and yea, EnhancedSteam price history is amazing

So I just bought Football Manager 2013 because.. damn you GMG..

Anyone have a link to some install guides or something for badges, facepacks etc?
(if there is a FM13 topic somewhere, I totally missed it)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

How long is it roughly?

It took me ~20 hours to 100% (in terms of in-game completion), so I'd say 10-12 if you smash through the narrative and complete the (optional) tombs.

baconcow

How long is it roughly?

I've played other Tomb Raider games. I would say that this one is the most immerse of them that I have played. While fairly linear, you can go back to all (?) previous locations to complete them further. Some areas can be completed in different ways. The progression and environment of the game reminded me a lot of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. The enemies feel a lot like those in Far Cry 3. Bow use is excellent, if you're into that. I am about 6-7 hours into it and far from 100%.

HoosTrax

The endless stream of indie games and cheap AA games like CS:GO is making it really hard to justify a video card upgrade :|

AAA studios best step up their game...

xJavonta

Banned
Better driving and significantly better use of the open world aren't improvements?

This, I don't know why everyone gives R* so much shit for GTA IV. It had it's flaws but there is no denying that it was a fantastic game. I enjoyed the 50+ combined hours I've spent in it across two platforms. And that's just for the base game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Better driving and significantly better use of the open world aren't improvements?
Yes, so that's why I think GTA IV not managing to achieve those features can be considered pathetic. And the missions are completely boring, uninteresting and repetitive.

Realistic driving isn't the same as better. To me, better is the funniest, and that award goes to good ol' VC. Same with the city design: I love 80's Miami way more than modern New York, and being able to buy properties was a nice feature. Besides, the city being smaller means less wasted time travelling between (and during) missions.

The best thing IV had, apart from an interesting story, was the fake internet. I spent a lot of hours browsing it, it's that good.

Bought Tomb Raider @ $20 and I don't regret it one bit. Granted, I beat it on the same week and loved it, so it all depends on how soon you'll be playing it really.

I've been meaning to try the multiplayer a bit more, assuming it isn't completely dead by now. Played two matches after I was done with the campaign and had fun.

oh god...don't do the multiplier. I found it brutal...played for 5 minutes and was done

cicero

Kind of OT, but it's strange (and super refreshing) being in this thread, and seeing how happy everyone is here compared to the madness that's going on in the Xone threads.

At the same time, I remember 2004 and how anti-Steam the boards used to be and how Steam was the death of PC gaming blah blah blah.

Just weird. Deja-vuy.

SO TO CELEBRATE! LET'S DO A HAPPY FRIDAY WE ALL LOVE EACHOTHER AND GAMING IS GOOD GIVEAWAY!

GONE!
People have forgotten about that, back when Gabe wasn't considered trustworthy, and when Steam was just another intrusive DRM scheme to twist and control the market. Then the first big sales hit and Gabe turned out to be a giant smiling buddha of a benevolent dictator who was selling us crack in the form of cheap games.

nMAQyzv.jpg

I have 23 DOTA 2 invites.

If you want one, let me know.

sibarraz

Banned
Have a copy for $12 or good trade if interested.

Nothing to trade :( and for $12 I better buy the promo of $10 dollars

I had a weird OCD, I want to buy all the sega related games, that will be my doom, that's why I will pick aliens vs predator even though it seems to suck

dot

Nothing to trade :( and for $12 I better buy the promo of $10 dollars

I had a weird OCD, I want to buy all the sega related games, that will be my doom, that's why I will pick aliens vs predator even though it seems to suck

Look at your PMs.

My good deed for the day is done. c:

derExperte

Your bigger problem will be Aliens:CM. :) AvP doesn't suck, I would even call it pretty good after playing through again a few months ago (when it was on sale at getgamesgo for $3.74 btw, 4€ now isn't that great a deal).

FloatOn

Played a few levels of Rush Bros.

It's really bare bones both in terms of what it offers in actual gameplay and visuals. That said I could see how it could be really fun in local multiplayer. If you have friends that are into speed running platformers.

In the end though, I just wish halfbrick would port Raskulls to steam. I kind of miss my 360 for those xbla games :(

nexen

Your bigger problem will be Aliens:CM. :) AvP doesn't suck, I would even call it pretty good after playing through again a few months ago (when it was on sale at getgamesgo for $3.74 btw, 4€ now isn't that great a deal).

No, AvP definitely sucks. I think it just seems decent compared to A:CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom