• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

0n8vK69.png

look it's salsa and jasec

someone buy me magic 2k13 in exchange for my hardwork plz jk

Also Mysteries Of The Sith is a fucking awesome expansion for Dark Forces II. I'm gonna go read the Thrawn Trilogy now.

this is easily on the top 5 of all the fanart ive recieved this week

Grief.exe

But that's the thing, they ARE on sale individually. UT2004 has the -75% sign on it on my wishlist, but when I go to the store page it's still 14,99€ instead of the 3,75€ it should be. What gives? It's happening with all the games on the package. They say 75% off but neither of them are at 75% off price. Only the pack is at 75%.

I wouldn't mind that, but the fact that they advertise them as being 75% off individually and then not deliver is what's pissing me off.

That and the fact that UT2004 is the only game I want from the pack, and I'll essentially be spending 6,25€ extra for games I don't want if I buy the pack.

I checked when the sale first started and they were nit discounted individually, only the whole pack.

Weird.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
hahahahaha

The funny part is that I bought it on Green Man Gaming as well!

Except one is called "Tomb Raider (Steam)" and the other is just "Tomb Raider"

They have (or had?) two entries of the game on their system.

Can I have it? ;)

I contacted their support, but they'll clearly not give me a refund.

I'll hold onto it. I might just give it to my cousin or sell to a friend.

I just though it was hilarious.

Cheddahz

Banned
I contacted their support, but they'll clearly not give me a refund.

I'll hold onto it. I might just give it to my cousin or sell to a friend.

I just though it was hilarious.
I was kidding, but yeah, sometimes your Steam library is so big that you forget that you have games

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well, yeah, at that price-point it is hard to complain much. This thing was $50-$60 on day one though.

I bought AvP 2010 the day it came out and it most certainly was worth full price for me. Love it and think it's really underrated, especially the multiplayer. So many hours in that game. The Alien AI especially never gets the credit it deserves, they're sneaky horrible little bastards and fun as fuck to fight against. I realise this isn't a popular opinion with AvP 2010 though :p

zkylon

zkylewd
in case someone goes to jail for something I said I'll state for future reference that I'm no lawyer, I'm just another normal sinner like the rest of you

and please don't mention my name

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
in case someone goes to jail for something I said I'll state for future reference that I'm no lawyer, I'm just another normal sinner like the rest of you

and please don't mention my name
Mmm... so that's why everyone was screaming and the police started chasing me, and now I had to hide and... OH SHIT THEY FOUND ME GOTTA RUN

But aren't you from there? Need to go out for fresh air more often Rio.
Yeah, well, you see, it's just that...

I do go out of my basement, actually. Sometimes. When I need to pee. :'(

iavi

The new Jet Set Radio patch is pretty cool. Load times are pretty much gone now.

Changes
- Setup screen can now be navigated with a gamepad, giving the game full controller support.
- Added Retry screen after finishing a stage.

Fixes
- Fix to avoid audio stuttering in-game on heavily fragmented drives.
- Several rare crashes present in the original game code have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused some enemies not to appear until the player turned their back (in Fight or Flight and other areas).
- Multiple minor graphics fixes relating to drawing order and transparency (for example, the electricity in Grind Square would cause some objects behind to become transparent).
- Fixed an issue that caused music to occasionally not play in the tutorial.

Dat Sega support. Blit did a fantastic job porting JSR. Give them JSRF too please.

sibarraz

Banned
One postumous patch that I want is crazy taxi with offspring music

I know that the IOS version has the original songs, why not include them in pc I know that you can't change some files to get the song, but don't know, will love something more official

Also, in sonic racing transformed, I would have exploded if All I want started to play after B.D. JOE all star

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Against my better judgement I decided to try to get the Time Attacker achievement in Sonic Generations once again, which consists in simply playing through all stages in the online Ranking Mode. Last time I tried it was an impossible ordeal because the game kept crashing whenever it attempted to get online data in said mode. I even made an unsuccessful thread about it back then.

I was waiting for some update that would fix the issue but alas. However, the online section somehow seems to be less shitty now. Ranking Mode still crashes occasionally, but works well enough to allow me to at least play the stages and save my data.

rnNl3Ma.png

Success! I was going to finally uninstall it but it just hit me I still haven't played around with the Unleashed mod, so I'll be doing that before I put it down.

Was tossing up if I should buy Giana Sisters or not... then remembered I still have like $40 in my steam wallet from selling cards.

I love Valve right now and after only a few minutes, Giana Sisters seems like a really cool game.

Go on Ebay and get a $25 Nvidia code.

Ah buying games off ebay. Can't wait to be all nostalgic about that soon :(

naib

Is Giana Sisters worth it? It's the daily deal.
I think it's a great platformer. Looks amazing if you have decent hardware.

edit:
Yeah it kind of feels like they played trine, thought it was boring as fuck and decided to make a great looking game that was actually fun to play too.

Feels like a great pick up so far.
I've only gotten about 3/4 of the way through. I think I'm gonna re-install it.

Have to pile on the Metro LL praise as well. I got a code with my new vidcard and wasn't planning on enjoying it so much.
2033 ran like crap on my rig and I never got into it. LL is great so far.

I think it's a great platformer. Looks amazing if you have decent hardware.

Yeah it kind of feels like they played trine, thought it was boring as fuck and decided to make a great looking game that was actually fun to play too.

Feels like a great pick up so far.

Exeunt

You guys weren't kidding when you said the end of System Shock 2 was bad... I'm not done yet but I spent the last little while
fumbling around in the Many
and now I think
I've reached the core, but I can't get past the regenerating psi reavers... I have a quicksave right before them at least. Can't locate the control node, so they're probably linked to the core.
I love the rest of the game, but man. Please tell me it doesn't get worse than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom