• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

There was an indie homage to Populous style god game on IndieGameStand back in December called "Reprisal" that is now on Greenlight and looking for support. They are offering the game for free today, the file (PC/Mac/Linux) to the whichever version(s) you choose will be available once you input an email address. One download per email address.

http://download.reprisaluniverse.com/

25eb84ql.jpg

nexen

Remind to never trust your taste when it comes to AvP games. classicAvP was, is and forever will be quite awesome.

When was the last time you played it? The thing feels so janky now.
Man did I love it when it came out though. Until the "save anytime patch" nuked all my savegames. :(

I don't like mayonnaise. Can you say it tastes like a tuna-only sandwich?
A fourteen year old tuna sandwich, sure.

derExperte

When was the last time you played it? The thing feels so janky now.

When they rereleased it on Steam three years ago, completed the campaign (couldn't do that in 2000) and played a little mp. I love that it plays so different to most games today, planning when to save, being afraid every step, having to try levels multiple times.

nexen

When they rereleased it on Steam three years ago, completed the campaign (couldn't do that in 2000) and played a little mp. I love that it plays so different to most games today, planning when to save, being afraid every step, having to try levels multiple times.

Same. Graphics and movement model really turned me off and I couldn't get back into it. I honestly liked that it had no in-game saves before they patched it. Really ratcheted up the tension.

6124-aliens-versus-predator-windows-screenshot-no-one-likes-xenoborgss.jpg

Just don't play Hitman Sniper Challenge with him. He's a cheater!

I'll never live that down :(

I think I was just lucky. Usually I'm pretty terrible at everything involving multiplayer or scoreboards.

I guess you never grabbed random civvies and rammed them into crowds of people?

Are you talking about Sleepy Dawgs? I don't get any enjoyment out of fucking around outside of the missions in any open-world game and SD was no different.

Beth Cyra

SteamGaf I need some help.

I bought Tomb Raider via the GMG deal, and was wondering if I can gift the code via registering it? Or do I have to send he code to my friend directly and have them activiate it on their account?

Never tried to gift anything bought 3rd Party on Steam before.

Addnan

I bought Tomb Raider via the GMG deal, and was wondering if I can gift the code via registering it? Or do I have to send he code to my friend directly and have them activiate it on their account?

Give them the code.

Nabs

I bought Tomb Raider via the GMG deal, and was wondering if I can gift the code via registering it, or if I have to send he code to my friend directly and have them activiate it on their account.

Send the code to a friend directly.

Holy shit, they exist! People who want DOTA 2 yet still haven't got a key. I figured the invites were still being sent out to troll everybody.
I told everybody they still do. Valve just has no better way to get them out to people. They can't open it up to everyone right now as the servers are nowhere near to being able to handle that surge.

Nabs

The new Jet Set Radio patch is pretty cool. Load times are pretty much gone now.

Changes
- Setup screen can now be navigated with a gamepad, giving the game full controller support.
- Added Retry screen after finishing a stage.

Fixes
- Fix to avoid audio stuttering in-game on heavily fragmented drives.
- Several rare crashes present in the original game code have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused some enemies not to appear until the player turned their back (in Fight or Flight and other areas).
- Multiple minor graphics fixes relating to drawing order and transparency (for example, the electricity in Grind Square would cause some objects behind to become transparent).
- Fixed an issue that caused music to occasionally not play in the tutorial.

Wtf is up with the Unreal Deal? I just want UT2004 and it's still at 15€ even though it's supposed to be at 75%. I don't want the whole package, I just want UT2004... wtf is up?

Grief.exe

The new Jet Set Radio patch is pretty cool. Load times are pretty much gone now.

Changes
- Setup screen can now be navigated with a gamepad, giving the game full controller support.
- Added Retry screen after finishing a stage.

Fixes
- Fix to avoid audio stuttering in-game on heavily fragmented drives.
- Several rare crashes present in the original game code have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused some enemies not to appear until the player turned their back (in Fight or Flight and other areas).
- Multiple minor graphics fixes relating to drawing order and transparency (for example, the electricity in Grind Square would cause some objects behind to become transparent).
- Fixed an issue that caused music to occasionally not play in the tutorial.

SegaPipe Beta

Wtf is up with the Unreal Deal? I just want UT2004 and it's still at 15€ even though it's supposed to be at 75%. I don't want the whole package, I just want UT2004... wtf is up?

Last time they had a sale like that the games were for sale individually.

Cheddahz

Banned
is Tomb Raider worth it at 13.60usd at GMG with code?
waiting for Infinite to drop :X

I rented from Redbox and I personally didn't enjoy it, it just doesn't feel like Tomb Raider and it's too much bro-action going on, but hey, if you're into TPS games and/or Uncharted, than go for it

Symphonic

Is there a site to search for stuff in people's inventory? I wanna try to trade for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum because it's 10 bucks on Amazon but 30 on Steam and not sure if there's a way to do this.

Last time they had a sale like that the games were for sale individually.

But that's the thing, they ARE on sale individually. UT2004 has the -75% sign on it on my wishlist, but when I go to the store page it's still 14,99€ instead of the 3,75€ it should be. What gives? It's happening with all the games on the package. They say 75% off but neither of them are at 75% off price. Only the pack is at 75%.

I wouldn't mind that, but the fact that they advertise them as being 75% off individually and then not deliver is what's pissing me off.

That and the fact that UT2004 is the only game I want from the pack, and I'll essentially be spending 6,25€ extra for games I don't want if I buy the pack.

O Wow, Dust is an absolute joy to play, something about the combat and visuals that make it completely endearing. Great pick up for something different to play if you're on the fence.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
But that's the thing, they ARE on sale individually. UT2004 has the -75% sign on it on my wishlist, but when I go to the store page it's still 14,99€ instead of the 3,75€ it should be. What gives? It's happening with all the games on the package. They say 75% off but neither of them are at 75% off price. Only the pack is at 75%.

I wouldn't mind that, but the fact that they advertise them as being 75% off individually and then not deliver is what's pissing me off.

That and the fact that UT2004 is the only game I want from the pack, and I'll essentially be spending 6,25€ extra for games I don't want if I buy the pack.

fwiw, it's the same on the US store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom