• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

What is your Steam ID/Name?

Mapleine

Edit: Thanks!

One postumous patch that I want is crazy taxi with offspring music

I know that the IOS version has the original songs, why not include them in pc I know that you can't change some files to get the song, but don't know, will love something more official

Also, in sonic racing transformed, I would have exploded if All I want started to play after B.D. JOE all star

Outside of music, is the PC version good? I heard something was a bit wonky with the controls but that was awhile ago and I dunno if it was true, or anyone managed a fix for it, or whatever.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
New:

[Amazon]
[Paradox Memorial Weekend Sale]
  • Crusader Kings II - $10.00 (cheaper on GMG w/ voucher)
  • Crusader Kings II DLC 75% off (same as above)
  • Darkest Hour - $2.50
  • Dungeonland - $4.99
  • Dungeonland: Grimoire Pack - $1.49
  • Europa Universalis III Chronicles - $7.50
  • Europa Universalis Rome Gold - $5.00
  • For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game - $2.50
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection - $7.50
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle - $5.00
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War - $2.50
  • Victoria II - $10.00
  • Victoria II: A House Divided - $5.00
  • War of the Roses: Brian Blessed DLC - $2.49
  • War of the Roses: Kingmaker - $5.00
Few things that went up late for non-UK on Gamefly:

[Gamefly] - use code GFDMAY20 or GFDMAY20UK for an additional 20% off

------------

Reminder of other new stuff for those who missed it, since we've moved multiple pages:

[Amazon]

[GetLoadedGo] - credit to hylje for the heads up
  • 2 for $10
    • Aliens vs. Predator
    • Binary Domain
    • Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
    • Dungeon Siege III
    • F.E.A.R.
    • Hotline Miami
    • Just Cause 2
    • Medieval II: Total War Collection
    • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
    • Puddle
    • Red Orchestra 2: GOTY
    • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    • The Cave
    • Worms: Ultimate Mayhem
[GMG] - use code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ for an additional 20% off
5/25 - Hitman: Absolution & Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition will be 66% off
5/26 - The Last Remnant will be 75% off
5/27 - Legacy of Kain series will be 75% off​

[Humble Bundle Weekly] - credit to alr1ght for the deal
  • $1.00+
    • Alan Wake Collector's Edition
    • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
[Nuuvem]

------------

--> Old but still active deals can be found here <--

zkylon

zkylewd
Sorry, it took me a few hours to finish this, here you go JaseC:

iE2wNhAoLEEUw.png

maybe it's the years of seeing suarez avatars every day but it kinda looks like her

Grief.exe

You guys weren't kidding when you said the end of System Shock 2 was bad... I'm not done yet but I spent the last little while
fumbling around in the Many
and now I think
I've reached the core, but I can't get past the regenerating psi reavers... I have a quicksave right before them at least. Can't locate the control node, so they're probably linked to the core.
I love the rest of the game, but man. Please tell me it doesn't get worse than this.

Everything keeps respawning in there, the control nodes (there are 5 of them), are on the sides of the room, behind some rock walls.

My strategy, once I figured out that the respawns never stop, was to sprint in, kill the control nodes, kill the stars floating around the brain, kill the brain, jump in.

It might not be as apparent as to what you are supposed to do. I figured it out by trial and error, but it really didn't take me that long.

Anti-personnel rounds are your friend.

hmmm, dust or monaco...

Jump on the dust bandwagon.

Exeunt

Everything keeps respawning in there, the control nodes (there are 5 of them), are on the sides of the room, behind some rock walls.

My strategy, once I figured out that the respawns never stop, was to sprint in, kill the control nodes, kill the stars floating around the brain, kill the brain, jump in.

It might not be as apparent as to what you are supposed to do. I figured it out by trial and error, but it really didn't take me that long.

Anti-personnel rounds are your friend.

Yeah, that part was kind of brutal. I beat the game, but I kind of wished it had ended
by getting an escape pod on the Von Braun
, with maybe the final boss mixed in somewhere before there; pretty much everything before that point was varying degrees of fabulous, and nothing afterwords really lived up to that. Damn good title though. One of my new favourites, and I wouldn't mind going back to it at some point and doing, say, a Psi-oriented run. I seriously laughed out loud at the ending cinematic though&#8212;what was EA thinking?

Jumping in was the thing I didn't realize you had to do. AP rounds definitely make short work of anything in your way.

The Many
definitely said something right after
the core went down
but I couldn't hear it over the
nearby Rumblers
. That was pretty unclear.

In other news, I was able to buy a cheap copy of Morrowind from masterkajo, so that's my next oldish title to dig into! I looked at the graphics mod you linked to earlier, but the download is 1.6 GB and I'm fairly low on data right now; I can push lower-end graphics at high resolutions for a clean image at least. I installed it and got widescreen up and running.

Is there anything I should stay away from when I make my character tomorrow? I know the combat in the Elder Scrolls series has a reputation of being rather lacking, so I'd prefer to stay away from anything that is generally regarded as especially bad...

Grief.exe

I used to be such a Morrowind expert, but I haven't played it in years. I didn't min/max it, since I wasn't into it back then.

You want to pick primary skills that benefit your main stats.

For example, Long Blade's governing stat is Strength, so when that skill levels up it will increase your strength more on level up.

My general build was

Strength/Endurance

Long Blade
Armorer
Heavy Armor
Acrobatics
Block

These skills all focus on upgrading your Strength and Endurance, giving you more damage and health.
Block is agility, but as I remember that skill was a bitch to level up since it was random, so I always picked that one. And leveling up some Agility isn't bad either for Stamina.

Minor I usually picked up some Mysticim and Alteration for opening doors, levitating, and teleporting around.

Exeunt

I used to be such a Morrowind expert, but I haven't played it in years. I didn't min/max it, since I wasn't into it back then.

You want to pick primary skills that benefit your main stats.

For example, Long Blade's governing stat is Strength, so when that skill levels up it will increase your strength more on level up.

My general build was

Strength/Endurance

Long Blade
Armorer
Heavy Armor
Acrobatics
Block

These skills all focus on upgrading your Strength and Endurance, giving you more damage and health.
Block is agility, but as I remember that skill was a bitch to level up since it was random, so I always picked that one. And leveling up some Agility isn't bad either for Stamina.

Minor I usually picked up some Mysticim and Alteration for opening doors, levitating, and teleporting around.

So basically don't spread my stats too thin, and instead make sure they compliment each other? Sounds solid. That magic stuff sounds cool, but so does being a sword-user. Hmm. Are the presets the game can assign to you any good, or is it best to make your own build?

Grief.exe

So basically don't spread my stats too thin, and instead make sure they compliment each other? Sounds solid. That magic stuff sounds cool, but so does being a sword-user. Hmm. Are the presets the game can assign to you any good, or is it best to make your own build?

I would not recommend doing a full magic build your first time through, I would also not recommend not using any of the preset classes.

Your ability to cast magic is based on an equation of your magic skill and stamina. And you can fail casting, and you will constantly early on.
And the magic does pretty pitiful damage until later on in the game.

Make your own class, simple as that.

I'm going to bed, later.

Symphonic

Alright so the Steam Cards Trading thread vanished, can anyone point me to it? Couldn't find the right one in serach either, unless it's the one that's completely littered with Beta requests.

Looking to trade my complete TF2 set for a complete Dota, Portal 2, or Hl2 set.

Exeunt

I would not recommend doing a full magic build your first time through, I would also not recommend not using any of the preset classes.

Your ability to cast magic is based on an equation of your magic skill and stamina. And you can fail casting, and you will constantly early on.
And the magic does pretty pitiful damage until later on in the game.

Make your own class, simple as that.

Oh, okay; that's all good to know. Thanks! I can't wait to see what this game has in store.

I would also like to get into the Steam Group. My name is "Syrionus." I use it for anything video game related.

Just be careful you know what you are getting into. A lot of people ask to join the steam group without knowing the true dedication required.

Do you have an extra hour or two per day spare? Because you are certainly going to need it. Are you in shape? It'll tax your body as well as your mind.
The reality is few make it into the group, even fewer stay for longer than a few days. If you are unsure if you are made of the right stuff or not, you are certainly about to find out.

If you still want to join and have really, really thought it through, then I have just sent you an invite. It is always a bitter sweet time, knowing what you are about to go through... But I still wish you all the best in trying.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just be careful you know what you are getting into. A lot of people ask to join the steam group without knowing the true dedication required.

Do you have an extra hour or two per day spare? Because you are certainly going to need it. Are you in shape? It'll tax your body as well as your mind.

Few make it into the group, even fewer stay for longer than a few days.

If you still want to join and have really, really thought it through, then I have just sent you an invite. It is always a bitter sweet time... But I still wish you well.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Ledsen

Uhm, what happened to badges? Suddenly I can't see the ones that have to do with visiting profiles, viewing a guide etc, all I can see are the trading card badges, Summer/Winter sale badges etc... doesn't matter how I sort the page, that section is just gone. On my profile it says I have 7 badges, like the ones that disappeared also don't count towards my profile anymore... I'm still the same level though?

Could anyone confirm if this is happening to them as well? Pretty annoying :(

Ledsen

So who has encountered this sale phenomenon:

- You don't want game X
- You don't want game Y
- You don't want game Z
- Bundle with game X, Y and Z? PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY

Community Ambassador
200 XP
Unlocked: May 24, 2013 @ 1:41pm
Completed all Community tasks

I'm pretty sure that's the one you're looking for.

Oh shit, thanks! It tripped me up because I didn't actually finish all the tasks, but maybe you don't need to.

Ledsen

Loving Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe. Game's a fun time-waster so far, and the music is actually pretty good.

This expression is always baffling to me. It's so negative, or at least that's how I interpret it. Who would ever willingly waste time? That said, it might just be a difference in expression. I would never call doing something I enjoy "wasting time".

Volcynika

This expression is always baffling to me. It's so negative, or at least that's how I interpret it. Who would ever willingly waste time? That said, it might just be a difference in expression. I would never call doing something I enjoy "wasting time".

I dunno. It's 7:30AM here, and I'm not awake to play much at all, and this one is simple and something I can do until I feel like playing more Metro or Dust or something. :eek:

sibarraz

Banned

- You don't want game X
- You don't want game Y
- You don't want game Z

I, to be fair, it's cool, maybe I will discover games that I would have actually never played

- You don't want game X
- You don't want game Y
- You don't want game Z

Oh shit, thanks! It tripped me up because I didn't actually finish all the tasks, but maybe you don't need to.

I only needed to complete 22 of the 26 tasks to complete the badge.

HoosTrax

I don't know, "time waster" to me is not necessarily a pejorative. It could be synonymous with a game that you can play in short bursts, where a single round lasts a few minutes. It's something to do while you're in between more substantial games that require to set aside a significant block of time.

It's something you can pick up and play once in a while, for example when you're waiting for a new game to download.

sibarraz

Banned
yay, I won a victoria II on steamgifts

I had always been curious with paradox interactive games, how hard they are? they take a good chunk of your time?

Tomodachi

Daily is changing over.
That's a relief. I forced myself to skip that amazing deal on Tomb Raider since I've just started Uncharted 3 and I don't want to play 2 similar games together, and also because I want to stop hoarding games I don't know when I'll be able play.

I know that's unacceptable behaviour on this thread guys, please don't kick me out ;__;

Grief.exe

yay, I won a victoria II on steamgifts

I had always been curious with paradox interactive games, how hard they are? they take a good chunk of your time?

Welcome to the jungle. I believe that's one of the more difficult grand strategy games.

The best places to start is CKII and EUIII, Tue former has a demo on Steam.

That's a relief. I forced myself to skip that amazing deal on Tomb Raider since I've just started Uncharted 3 and I don't want to play 2 similar games together, and also because I want to stop hoarding games I don't know when I'll be able play.

I know that's unacceptable behaviour on this thread guys, please don't kick me out ;__;

This has been my strategy for almost a year now.

Momentary

Banned
I had a dream last night that MGR and KOF XIII were released, but Steam kept declining my debit card. It was the worst nightmare I've had in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom