• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Not only that but I hate it when games don't go in the proper order (ie: Runner 2 before Runner 1)...

For example Far Cry 3 is before Blood Dragon and Far Cry 1...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there a pattern to Cockfighting in Sleeping Dogs? I tried Googling; some people say to always bet on the one with fewer wins, some people say to always bet on certain names, some people say the breeds have a rock-paper-scissors setup. Has anyone actually confirmed how it works?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is there a pattern to Cockfighting in Sleeping Dogs? I tried Googling; some people say to always bet on the one with fewer wins, some people say to always bet on certain names, some people say the breeds have a rock-paper-scissors setup. Has anyone actually confirmed how it works?

I just abused saves to get the achievement. I don't think there is any real rhyme or reason to it.

Zia

Iron Brigade uses GFWL, right? I'm wanting to finish my Double Fine collection (despite still being perturbed over the colossal disappointment that was The Cave).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Football Manager 2013 is the daily on Steam at $13.60. Surprise, surprise since it's on sale everywhere else as well. It's cheaper on Nuuvem ($10.01) and GMG ($10.88).

Haunted

Always thought it was random.

One chicken flaps its wings more, usually that's the winner.

I just played TF2 after not running it for some months and wow... Steam Pipe has done wonders with the game.

Game runs a lot faster and loadings are really short now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This expression is always baffling to me. It's so negative, or at least that's how I interpret it. Who would ever willingly waste time? That said, it might just be a difference in expression. I would never call doing something I enjoy "wasting time".
All the time I spend playing games is wasting time. That time could have been better invested in masturbating, or doing drugs, or shouting at strangers on the street.

That said, I love wasting my time. I almost never do (so many unplayed games!), but I still like it.

Mordeccai

Steam is being mean to me. I just installed Sacred 2 and am trying to run it, but it won't play.

I click on the icon, Windows asks me if I want to run the program, the stem window that performs the first time set up flashes for a split second and then disappears. Then nothing happens.

I've already tried a restart, and verifying the game cache, and those haven't helped. Anybody have any suggestions?

Nabs

BTR2_header.jpg

Congrats to Noogy! Holding dat top spot on the sales chart with Dust.

It dropped to 2-3 for a few hrs, but then Total Biscuit released his WTF... and it shot back up. Good shit.

Lotto

I think I asked this here before but since there's a solid release date/pre-purchase available for FFXIV, what are the odds of the digital collector's edition showing up on Steam before release? I wanna pre-purchase but would probably like to do so on Steam.

Caerith

I think I asked this here before but since there's a solid release date/pre-purchase available for FFXIV, what are the odds of the digital collector's edition showing up on Steam before release? I wanna pre-purchase but would probably like to do so on Steam.
I'd say pretty minimal, since FFXIV actually came out two years ago and wasn't on Steam then.

How has S-E handled FFXI through Steam? I noticed they don't release the expansions, per se, they just release a new "Ultimate Edition" with that latest expansion included and offer it at a 25% discount to anyone who owns the previous edition (so you pay what you'd pay for the expansion, essentially). How is it handled in your library, though? Do you have a separate entry for "Ultimate blah blah Abyssea Edition" and then one for "Ultimate yadda yadda Seekers Edition"?

I ask because:

Notice: Before you install FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, please ensure that you "Delete Local Content" of any previous versions of FINAL FANTASY XI within your Steam library. Detailed instructions can be found here.
Deleting and re-downloading 15GB every time an expansion comes out sounds like a pain.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If anybody lost the Tomb Raider deal and is still interested, lemme know.

I'm an idiot and double bought it, so I have an extra.

Done. I feel like less of an idiot now.

Exeunt

Played Morrowind for about an hour this afternoon, though I haven't left the first town yet. Some of these characters (like the one you meet at the very beginning) sound like they were trying to imitate Christian Bale Batman before Christian Bale Batman was a thing.

I completed my first quest; I lurked on top of the lighthouse at night and watched as Fargoth hid his money, then raided his stash and went back to the soldier. Got to keep a third of the gold, and also got the ring back while still boosting my reputation with the local trader. Cool. I don't have enough money to train or anything though. There's a giant insect lift offered, but I think I might make the trip to my next destination by foot if that's not a terrible idea.

Grief.exe

Played Morrowind for about an hour this afternoon, though I haven't left the first town yet. Some of these characters (like the one you meet at the very beginning) sound like they were trying to imitate Christian Bale Batman before Christian Bale Batman was a thing.

I completed my first quest; I lurked on top of the lighthouse at night and watched as Fargoth hid his money, then raided his stash and went back to the soldier. Got to keep a third of the gold, and also got the ring back while still boosting my reputation with the local trader. Cool. I don't have enough money to train or anything though. There's a giant insect lift offered, but I think I might make the trip to my next destination by foot if that's not a terrible idea.

I love that quest.

Honestly, I just never turn it in. I keep all of the gear.

Exeunt

I love that quest.

Honestly, I just never turn it in. I keep all of the gear.

It's a pretty interesting start to the game, though the town itself is a little drab (by the characters' own admission). Might buy a longsword or something from the trader, hope I don't wear it down too much, then head out and start exploring in earnest. I almost got arrested for thievery already though... Didn't know you could only buy from the shopkeeper, and that the items lying around would not display a price if you inspected them. Oops! Had to reload that save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom