• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy the kind of stuff you can find while exploring randomly in Morrowind. I can look past the clunky combat and slow movement for the overpowered stuff you can find early on.

Exeunt

It's crazy the kind of stuff you can find while exploring randomly in Morrowind. I can look past the clunky combat and slow movement for the overpowered stuff you can find early on.

I'm looking forward to it! I forgot about that movement speed for a second; I didn't believe I was actually "running" until I went back into walk mode.

I'm looking forward to it! I forgot about that movement speed for a second; I didn't believe I was actually "running" until I went back into walk mode.

I've only recently got back into it. I quit a while ago, but I'm starting to see now why people put it above the other elder scrolls games.

FloatOn

Dishonored makes me want every first person shooter/action/stealth game to at least have the option of taking a non-violent approach to the enemy encounters.

Definitely don't force the issue but I think at least having it as a viable option would be so beneficial, epecially for fps.

ShaneB

Birthday is on monday, and my friend gifted me a copy of Tomb Raider earlier today, so that's up next for me to play. Yippee.

tumblr_inline_mnbu6oM5hu1qz4rgp.png

Seahorse Ronan.

(Not my image.)

Edit: Haha, "Sawhorse". I'm dying.

We know you clicked 'Learn' on day 1

Grief.exe

It's a pretty interesting start to the game, though the town itself is a little drab (by the characters' own admission). Might buy a longsword or something from the trader, hope I don't wear it down too much, then head out and start exploring in earnest. I almost got arrested for thievery already though... Didn't know you could only buy from the shopkeeper, and that the items lying around would not display a price if you inspected them. Oops! Had to reload that save.

Unless you want to spend hundreds of hours in the game, I don't recommend doing everything you can find.

There is a ridiculous amount of content in Morrowind and you can really burn yourself out if you do it all.

The guild quests are far more interesting than Oblivion or Skyrim, the whole game is for that matter, but there are so many of them and they are all tied together and effect each other.

Joining one, will piss the other one off, you have to have certain skills to be excepted into the various guilds.

Here are my two recommendations:

Get started on walking to Balmora, don't be afraid to duck into a couple graves or explore some sunken ships (hint), but don't check everything out.

And join the mages guild when you get to Balmora, after you have met with my boy Cauis.
It gives you access to one of the few forms of fast travel in the game.

Exeunt

Unless you want to spend hundreds of hours in the game, I don't recommend doing everything you can find.

There is a ridiculous amount of content in Morrowind and you can really burn yourself out if you do it all.

The guild quests are far more interesting than Oblivion or Skyrim, the whole game is for that matter, but there are so many of them and they are all tied together and effect each other.

Joining one, will piss the other one off, you have to have certain skills to be excepted into the various guilds.

Here are my two recommendations:

Get started on walking to Balmora, don't be afraid to duck into a couple graves or explore some sunken ships (hint), but don't check everything out.

And join the mages guild when you get to Balmora, after you have met with my boy Cauis.
It gives you access to one of the few forms of fast travel in the game.

I kind of figured it wouldn't be wise to dawdle too much—plus, no level scaling means I'll get myself killed if I wander into a bad area by mistake. I did all the quests in Xenoblade Chronicles last summer, but I doubt I'll try that in Morrowind. I don't regret it, but I don't think I have it in me to try something like that again. Also, I'd like to see some areas that aren't swampy!

I'll be sure to follow that advice... Quick travel sounds good based on how slow your character is, and I could use some nice items along the way.

Grief.exe

I kind of figured it wouldn't be wise to dawdle too much—plus, no level scaling means I'll get myself killed if I wander into a bad area by mistake. I did all the quests in Xenoblade Chronicles last summer, but I doubt I'll try that in Morrowind. I don't regret it, but I don't think I have it in me to try something like that again. Also, I'd like to see some areas that aren't swampy!

I'll be sure to follow that advice... Quick travel sounds good based on how slow your character is, and I could use some nice items along the way.

Guild Guide refers to mage's guild.

Don't worry about the Indicies, that's some deep stuff.

674px-FullMap_TravelRoutes.png

Chronoja

It converted back to $40 in checkout :(.

That's not how steam works. They have very stringent IP checks and the like. You can't just go buying a game from the cheapest localised version of steam. You either get someone to gift it to you or...use less adviceable solutions which I won't advice.

Exeunt

Guild Guide refers to mage's guild.

Don't worry about the Indicies, that's some deep stuff.

674px-FullMap_TravelRoutes.png

That looks pretty good. I got to Balmora by foot and signed up with the Blades and the Mage's Guild. I didn't come across any submerged treasure on the route I took, but I did get some nice stuff from some corpses I came across. The part on the road to Balmora where
the wizard dies trying out his new spell
was rather charming. Exploring is pretty fun, and I'm already getting the sense that the world is absolutely huge.

Grief.exe

That looks pretty good. I got to Balmora by foot and signed up with the Blades and the Mage's Guild. I didn't come across any submerged treasure on the route I took, but I did get some nice stuff from some corpses I came across. The part on the road to Balmora where
the wizard dies trying out his new spell
was rather charming. Exploring is pretty fun, and I'm already getting the sense that the world is absolutely huge.

Save, then use that spell.

See what happens.

I'm kind of a 'n00b' when it comes to Steam, but tell me... Is there a way to make these special weekend free game deal things not show up in my library? I have no interest in them.

joe2187

Banned
Damn, I ran into some weird ass glitches and it only has issues with the Alan Wake games and DLC I bought recently.

I can get towards the end of chapter 1 in both games and then when the camera zooms in on a manuscript page, It stops completely. The game isnt frozen, I can still pause and check the menu and everything the game is still active, but I cant progress any further because nothing will continue after picking up the manuscript page...and it's such a strange specific glitch...I cant get any further.

I've tried deleting the entire game, new saves and everything but I cant get past chapter 1 on both Alan Wake and American Nightmare.

And Cave Story refuses to install, It shuts down on exe.

sibarraz

Banned
Welcome to the jungle. I believe that's one of the more difficult grand strategy games.

The best places to start is CKII and EUIII, Tue former has a demo on Steam.

Jesus you were right, even with the basic menu tutorial I was confused as hell

The thing that caught my attention was that you can play with south american countries, now I want to see what could I make with chile in the XIX

I will left this after finishing rome total war and his 2 expansion

Noogy

The Dust OST is amazing.

Just got done with a caverns section and this was the background music.

http://hyperduck.bandcamp.com/track/cirromon-caverns

Here is where to purchase: http://www.loudr.fm/release/dust-an-elysian-tail/RqVDh

Thanks! I was really bummed that I couldn't sell the OST via Steam, but at least we have it on loudr.fm. HyperDuck really did a great job remastering it. That OST is a culmination of three years of work together, sooo much back and forth. I couldn't have asked for a better soundtrack!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks! I was really bummed that I couldn't sell the OST via Steam, but at least we have it on loudr.fm. HyperDuck really did a great job remastering it. That OST is a culmination of three years of work together, sooo much back and forth. I couldn't have asked for a better soundtrack!

Just curious but why couldn't you sell it on Steam?

xelios

Valve is apparently "moving away" from allowing developers to sell miscellaneous content.

That's shitty. Nothing wrong with letting devs sell their OST with the game.

Recap of all active deals which activate on Steam. Only new sales really are the Overlord pack at GG for $4.99 and Gothic 3 for $1.99 on the IndieGala Store, but I don't want to act like a community thread. Last Remnant will be 75% off at GMG today in a few hours.

[Amazon]
[Gamefly] - use code GFDMAY20 or GFDMAY20UK for an additional 20% off
[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for an additional 5% off
[Gamestop]
[GetLoadedGo]
  • 2 for $10
    • Aliens vs. Predator
    • Binary Domain
    • Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
    • Dungeon Siege III
    • F.E.A.R.
    • Hotline Miami
    • Just Cause 2
    • Medieval II: Total War Collection
    • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
    • Puddle
    • Red Orchestra 2: GOTY
    • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    • The Cave
    • Worms: Ultimate Mayhem
[GMG] - use code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ for an additional 20% off
5/25 - Hitman: Absolution & Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition will be 66% off
5/26 - The Last Remnant will be 75% off
5/27 - Legacy of Kain series will be 75% off​
[Groupees]
  • Be Mine 8 - $1.00
    • Fairy Bloom Freesia
    • Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition
    • Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty DLC
    • Slam Bolt Scrappers
    • Karateka
  • Be Mine 8 - $5.00+
    • Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
    • Drakensang
    • Blades of Time Limited Edition
    • Mystery Game ? Meta of 70+ // Hint: Light
[Humble Bundle Weekly]
  • $1.00+
    • Alan Wake Collector's Edition
    • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
[Nuuvem]
[Paradox Memorial Weekend Sale]
  • Crusader Kings II - $10.00 (cheaper at GMG w/ voucher)
  • Crusader Kings II DLC 75% off (cheaper at GMG w/ voucher)
  • Darkest Hour - $2.50
  • Dungeonland - $4.99
  • Dungeonland: Grimoire Pack - $1.49
  • Europa Universalis III Chronicles - $7.50
  • Europa Universalis Rome Gold - $5.00
  • For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game - $2.50
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection - $7.50
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle - $5.00
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War - $2.50
  • Victoria II - $10.00
  • Victoria II: A House Divided - $5.00
  • War of the Roses: Brian Blessed DLC - $2.49
  • War of the Roses: Kingmaker - $5.00
[Bundle Stars]

• Outlaws Bundle - $0.98
    • P.A.M.
    • Pacific Storm
    • RIP Trilogy
    • Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
  • Stellar Bundle - $0.98
    • Alien Hallway
    • Alien Shooter Revisited
    • Zombie Shooter
    • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Indie Jam - $6.30
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $4.96
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades
[Indie Gala Store]
[Play Injector Bundle]
  • $1.00
    • Alien Shooter
    • Alien Shooter 2
    • Zombie Shooter
[Shiny Loot] - legit, they post on Reddit

sprinkles

Finished Space Marine. That was way more fun than I expected. Reminded me of Turrican and other late 80s shooters, just good, hard action. Shame that we won't get a sequel now that Relic lost the license.

June 1st? Me too. Haha although slightly older...36

edit: Garfield the cartoon cat also shares June 1st with us/ just saying haha

-on an unrelated note, if you could get just one (for now) which would you get: Monaco, From Dust, Sanctum 2

Assuming you mean Dust and not From Dust, the answer ist Dust.

EDIT: In the other case, the answer ist still Dust.

xelios

June 1st? Me too. Haha although slightly older...36

edit: Garfield the cartoon cat also shares June 1st with us/ just saying haha

-on an unrelated note, if you could get just one (for now) which would you get: Monaco, From Dust, Sanctum 2

Dust. It's awesome and made by a fellow Gaffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom