• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer Sale is usually LATE June, right?

They won't possibly ever do it say, week of June 10th, would they? I mean, that's not even summer yet.

Grief.exe

Rocket was answering some questions in a Twitch Day Z livestream today.

When asked about the Stand Alone

QyK3Am8.png

wgjZ46d.png

Looks like we will have a devblog tomorrow and we will be playing the SA very soon.

EDIT: Some more info from Reddit

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm ready to give you my money, Rocket.

I have my doubts it'll be a better looking and/or more sound game than what we got with DayZ modded ArmA2.

I have a feeling they won't fix the cubersome interface. I mean, I don't have a problem with that, but I don't think that things like "oh, you changed weapons and you didn't have enough space in your backpack for your ammo, so it was all lost to the aether" or "you dropped your backpack in the water and it's now gone" will be fixed.

Not only that, the fact that I don't have friends to play the game with, so I'm always alone on a game that anybody can kill you for anything and you will lose everything at any given time, does not make for a very appealing gameplay experience to me.

I mean, I really like everything about it, except when I go play alone and get killed by an idiot for no reason.

I will most certainly play the demo/beta/whatever and get it at a hefty discount.

Blizzard

Banned
I also recommend people try the Gunslinger demo if they're at all interested, obviously.

And I figured Papo y yo would be lame, but it actually looks kind of interesting! WTF at the live action trailer though.

Joe Molotov

New weeklong deals at Steam
  • Greed - 75%
  • Waking Mars - 75%
  • Papo & Yo - 33%
  • They Bleed Pixels - 66%
  • The Guild 2 - 75%
  • Angry Birds Space - 66%
  • The Adventures of Shuggy - 75%
  • Flatout Complete - 75%
  • Worms Ultimate Mayhem - 40% or 66% for the Deluxe Edition
  • Tower Wars - 40% off

I was like "Why are weeklong deals starting on Saturday?" then I remembered today's actually Monday, haha. Mmmmm...three-day weekends...so good...

Chronoja

New Deals on the Gala Store, didn't see them mentioned yet

Bundles

The Zombie Bundle
for $0.99 you get - Zombie Shooter
for $2.99 you also get - Zombie Shooter 2

The Alien Shooter Bundle
for $0.99 you get - Alien Shooter (and I am Weapon for desura)
for $4.99 you also get - Alien Shooter 2: Conscription and Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded

Games

IBomber Defense Pacific - $1.24 ($0.99)
IBomber Attack - $1.49 ($0.99)
Syberia - $2.49 ($1.49)
Syberia 2 - $2.49 ($1.49)
Still Life - $2.49 ($2.39)
Still Life 2 - $2.49 ($1.39)
Twin Sector $1.99 ($0.99)

The Numbers in brackets are the price if you choose to use gala points to lower the cost. All are steam redeemable keys

I was like "Why are weeklong deals starting on Saturday?" then I remembered today's actually Monday, haha. Mmmmm...three-day weekends...so good...
I had the same feeling. And it WAS good.

Also, I give ups to They Bleed Pixels in case anybody needs a game from the list to look at.

Chronoja

Are the Sherlock Holmes games any good? Groupees has a nice bundle, wondering if they're worth it.

http://groupees.com/sherlock

God damn. Groupees is quickly becoming one of my favorite sites. All the other bundles are like "here's a ton of games you already have....but a few you don't so you know...half of it is trade fodder"

groupees is all like "yo, here's a ton of games on sale, all of which you probably don't have yet and even if you do have one you don't even have to buy it"

yup that's exactly how it is. so good.

Smash88

Banned

Momentary

Banned
Is there a car list for GRID 2? If it looks like an extensive list I'll jump on it. Especially if it has the Icona Vulcano in there somewhere. I'm really hoping it get put in Project CARS. I would love to see the interior view of that car in that game.

Whoa! I never heard of The Night of the Rabbit. Where the heck did this come from? It looks interesting.

I am trading a few games for trading cards.

I will take any combination (even duplicates), so long as they are not from Team Fortress 2.

Dungeons of Dredmor Complete > Three Cards.
Revenge of the Titans > Three Cards.
Secret of the Magic Crystals > Two Cards.
The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb DLC > One Card.
Faerie Solitaire > One Card.

50% OFF Killing Floor Coupon > One Card.

I will also trade any item above (or combination, make me an offer) for :p2cube: emoticon.

Steam ID (mention you are from GAF, please): http://steamcommunity.com/id/PixyJunket

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting responses, I never expected it to be so overwhelmingly against too long I thought it would be around a 60/40 split.

Hmm it was touched upon that the savings of pc make the value proposition much more palatable for games that are too short.

Do you think it would be the opposite for console only gamers due to relatively fixed prices?
No idea, but I doubt that someone could be too happy with a game they can't bring themselves to finish. Meanwhile, I think Portal is an exquisitely crafted title, and the last time I played it I beat it in less than 1.5 hours.

And Bit.Trip Flux, a game I'll never grow tired of praising (seriously, imagine a fantastic game. Well, Flux is even more fantastic than that!) lasts exactly one hour. One hour. And I'd rate it with a 10/10: it has everything I want in a game, and more importantly, it's always a joy to play (except one time that I was in a bad mood and lost pretty soon at the first stage which made me ragequit, but that was a flaw in me, not in the game).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought Deus Ex and Invisible war, and the legacy of kain games, no more snacks for me.
Oh no, you just didn't! Is that a Twinsen avatar I see? IS IT?

New weeklong deals at Steam
  • Greed - 75%
  • Waking Mars - 75%
  • Papo & Yo - 33%
  • They Bleed Pixels - 66%
  • The Guild 2 - 75%
  • Angry Birds Space - 66%
  • The Adventures of Shuggy - 75%
  • Flatout Complete - 75%
  • Worms Ultimate Mayhem - 40% or 66% for the Deluxe Edition
  • Tower Wars - 40% off
I see a couple of 75%'s, someone probably slipped up there.

Chronoja

We need to make a list of "high risk" games, ones that are very likely to get removed from steam. So, licensed games, games with dates on them like "2009" etc. Sometimes these games get removed from steam before you're even aware they existed at all.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Same here. Should've grabbed them during the last sale.
Same with Blur.

I didn't do the same mistake with Blur - that one I managed to get. The problem with Riddick is that it always went for 66% off on big sales, and I always had other games I wanted more.

I still actually want to play the Riddick games. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom