• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

I am trading a few games for trading cards.

I will take any combination (even duplicates), so long as they are not from Team Fortress 2.

There is a thread for this. Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Man, I'm so pissed that the Riddick games are no longer on Steam.... fuck.

From the GOG thread:

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
If it makes you feel better at all Riddick was infected with that TAGES shite on Steam so you'd be stuck with really shitty DRM.

Since it's still on GOG I guess there's hope that it isn't entirely in licensing limbo. I'll buy it off GOG if they ever decide to do some actual sales. (50% off lol)

cicero

I'm not going to have this conversation for the eleventh time on the Steam Thread.

I refuse to!
I just thought you would like to know another way of buying and playing the game was out there, because that is what I thought you were interested in!

balohna

I bought Escape from Butcher Bay for Xbox from EB for $1 or something. I didn't realize at the time that the game was included with the sequel (at least from what I recall now it is... right?).

Still haven't played it.

baconcow

I hated StarForce, worst DRM I have yet to use. Almost a complete joke when it comes to having to activate and deactivate Black Shark 2 manually.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I hated StarForce, worst DRM I have yet to use. Almost a complete joke when it comes to having to activate and deactivate Black Shark 2 manually.

TAGES is rebranded Starforce, only with several more years of development put into making it an obtrusive piece of shit.

Grief.exe

We need to make a list of "high risk" games, ones that are very likely to get removed from steam. So, licensed games, games with dates on them like "2009" etc. Sometimes these games get removed from steam before you're even aware they existed at all.

No one could foresee something like Riddick getting removed right?

I didn't hear any news about that beforehand.

What is this noise? Riddick isn't available anymore?

fuck-everything-gif.gif

Watevaman

Speaking of the Riddick games being removed (and I hope this doesn't go off topic), but am I remembering that LotR: Conquest used to be available as a DD on different sites? I could've sworn it was on Steam as well but now the only option is a physical copy I think.

I'm alright with not owning Riddick due to the TAGES garbage. Last sale people couldn't authenticate and it was a problem for a long while.

Edit: I do feel bad about missing out on ↓ though

Chronoja

No one could foresee something like Riddick getting removed right?

I didn't hear any news about that beforehand.

That would be the point of the list. To access whether or not something has a high chance whether it's forseeable or not. Riddick is based on a license so we could have set it at a moderate - high risk since licenses run out and thus the games get pulled down.

You get games like Transcripted though that get stuck in legal battles that you probably wouldn't expect, things like that are a little less predictable.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The only game I regret not picking up was Prey. It's not a great[i/] game, but it was fun.

Also, vagina doors.

That one can be fixed, just buy the boxed edition and register the key on Steam.

I bought it from some gaffer that bought it for 2 dollars on a local store. He pmed me the keys and threw the box away, I guess. :D

Once again, Game Showcase's "Featured Games" proves to be the best thing added to the Profiles Page:

gTmflTJ.png

I really wish I had Riddick instead of Prey in there, but that'll do. :D

I'm not the biggest fan of the game showcase because it repeats information right next to it on the menu system. The actual featured game tabs are really nice.

I'm currently using the screenshot showcase, although I wish when you clicked one of the three smaller ones it would temporally make it the main one without bringing up the entire thing.

Are they ever going to fix the achievement showcase? I still don't have it.

That one can be fixed, just buy the boxed edition and register the key on Steam.

I bought it from some gaffer that bought it for 2 dollars on a local store. He pmed me the keys and threw the box away, I guess. :D

Nope! I still have like 6 Prey boxes hanging around my house :lol

I'd take a pic but it's late here :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom