• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Nope! I still have like 6 Prey boxes hanging around my house :lol

I'd take a pic but it's late here :/

Haha, I don't blame you, I imported 4 boxes (for me and friends) of Age of conan back when it came out (only way to buy it back then, really) and only gave the key to a friend that lived 3 states away. The box is still here.

And that was in 2008! I even moved since them and brought the box with me!

Chronoja

Rayman 2 is the rarest game I own, the damn game never ever got put on the store unless you pre-ordered Rayman: Origins.

There were 3 games I am aware of that have done this so far

Rayman Origins -> Rayman 2 still not released
Worms Revolution -> Worms Armageddon got released
Eador Masters... -> Eador: Genesis still not released

Are there any others I'm not aware of?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The only game I regret not picking up was Prey. It's not a great[i/] game, but it was fun.

Also, vagina doors.

OK, this should probably belong on the OP as I find myself repeating it 2 or 3 times per thread:

You can buy a digital version of Prey on GamesPlanet (UK store, Spanish store). It comes with 2 Steam keys, both of which work individually, so you can gift one to a friend/sell it/kill it with fire/trade it for cards. Apparently only one key works.

It's a legit site, I bought my copy from the Spanish store several months ago and it arrived immediately on my e-mail. I can confirm that both keys worked fine. Some people confirmed that the second key doesn't work. So you'll only get one Steam key.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
OK, this should probably belong on the OP as I find myself repeating it 2 or 3 times per thread:

You can buy a digital version of Prey on GamesPlanet (UK store, Spanish store). It comes with 2 Steam keys, both of which work individually, so you can gift one to a friend/sell it/kill it with fire/trade it for cards.

It's a legit site, I bought my copy from the Spanish store several months ago and it arrived immediately on my e-mail. I can confirm that both keys worked fine.

It comes with TWO keys?

That's a nice deal then. Buy buy buy!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It comes with TWO keys?

That's a nice deal then. Buy buy buy!
Yup. Supposedly one unlocks the whole game, and the other only lets you play the single player. But given that the multiplayer is all but dead, they are virtually the same now.

And even then that's what I read on the Steam forums (I took that bullet for you guys long ago), but I don't know if that's true.

So yeah, that's an amazing deal. Do it do it do it!

EDIT: disregard this post. Looks like I was wrong. Sorry :(

You can buy a digital version of Prey on GamesPlanet (UK store, Spanish store). It comes with 2 Steam keys, both of which work individually, so you can gift one to a friend/sell it/kill it with fire/trade it for cards.

It's a legit site, I bought my copy from the Spanish store several months ago and it arrived immediately on my e-mail. I can confirm that both keys worked fine.

Oh wow. I didn't know it was so cheap, or so readily available physically. Buying now.

Grief.exe

Anyone want to split the pack?

Addnan

I just bought it, it gives two keys, but only one activates on steam. The first code I tried didn't work, the second code activated.

Grief.exe

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow. I didn't know it was so cheap, or so readily available physically. Buying now.
Digitally you mean :p

You wouldn't ship a key.

Anyone want to split the pack?
I already have it, sorry!

I just bought it, it gives two keys, but only one activates on steam. The first code I tried didn't work, the second code activated.
Really? That's really strange, I had given my spare key to a GAFfer and I could swear he activated it. I'm sorry if I made anyone buy this on mistake, looks I was wrong after all (or GamesPlanet changed the deal, no idea). I'll edit my post now.

Once again, sorry :(

Blizzard

Banned
Wasn't the first Alice game a preorder bonus for Alice: Madness Returns or something like that, but never sold by itself? Or maybe that was Origin only and I'm confused.

Once again, Game Showcase's "Featured Games" proves to be the best thing added to the Profiles Page:

gTmflTJ.png

I really wish I had Riddick instead of Prey in there, but that'll do. :D

Nice, they need to make the game library more visually appealing like this. Where is the showcase option? I don't see it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck.

I just bought that Prey as it was one of the few I hadn't got round to getting on PC yet but it says the multiplayer key (which is the only one that works) has already been activated on a Steam account. Bollocks.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Fuck.

I just bought that Prey as it was one of the few I hadn't got round to getting on PC yet but it says the multiplayer key (which is the only one that works) has already been activated on a Steam account. Bollocks.

Email the support. They'll figure something out.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Email the support. They'll figure something out.

Thanks, was in the middle of sending a query. All sent now :) I hope they don't bullshit me though as you can download the game from their site etc when I just want the code to redeem it in Steam.

cicero

Reports or explains the obvious on the forum after the fact?
They reported the removal of XIII.

"4:39 AM - 29 Dec 12 @GOGcom XIII will be removed from our catalog (stays in your account) in 2 days. Last chance to buy it for $2.99"

I am not sure if there was an announcement for recent removal of Cryostasis or the removal of the Dark Fall games last month though.

EDIT: Apparently no notice was given for the Dark Fall games. They did officially apologize for it though.

The reason for the removal.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Once again, Game Showcase's "Featured Games" proves to be the best thing added to the Profiles Page:

gTmflTJ.png

I really wish I had Riddick instead of Prey in there, but that'll do. :D

Why was Crysotasis delisted? And I didn't realized Blur was delisted, is it due to Song or Car rights?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why was Crysotasis delisted? And I didn't realized Blur was delisted, is it due to Song or Car rights?

I'm guessing 1C's rights to publish the DD version expired (Aspyr publishes the retail version). Blur uses licensed cars and the game bombed, so I'd say when the licenses expired, Acti simply didn't bother coughing up the cash to renew them -- that or they were abandoned a la the James Bond license.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck.

Wait a minute. Going through my old PMs to make sure I'm not crazy, I read that the proper key format is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XX. So you could try removing every dash and/or space except the last one of the key that Steam isn't recognizing (the "activation" one)

I don't know if that would work, but trying it couldn't hurt, right?

(once again, sorry for screwing up)

Just saw this on Twitter.

StP34oA.jpg

Nice.
Thomas Was Alone is great. I wish the DLC was available on PC.

iavi

Tried the Call of Juarez: Gunslinger demo for a bit. Almost seems like a Bulletstorm--light. Def a good game for its price. Hopefully the environmental kills are more than exploding barrels later on down the road, though.

HoosTrax

Tried the Call of Juarez: Gunslinger demo for a bit. Almost seems like a Bulletstorm--light. Def a good game for its price. Hopefully the environmental kills are more than exploding barrels later on down the road, though.
I hope by that you mean gameplay-wise, and not in terms of unlikable characters.

HoosTrax

Careful. You're liable to get your dick killed talking like that.
I'm immune to your dick-killing...

Nathan Grayson's toolish personality and dick-killing profanity aside, it was kind of a fun game as far as the skillshot mechanics. So hopefully CoJ:G has something similar? Why so cheap though? I'm sort of suspicious of the budget pricing...what corners were cut?

Edit: er, Grayson Hunt I mean. I think Nathan Grayson is a writer for RPS

iavi

I hope by that you mean gameplay-wise, and not in terms of unlikable characters.

Bulletstorm-light in the gameplay.

I liked the characters in Bulletstorm. I don't at all like the characters in Gunslinger, so far--Weather worn western typicals blah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom