• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is retail, not digital though.

If you bought Fear 2 in a store, it will activate but not the digital copies apparently.

The two generally overlap, though. Games having two separate key formats for retail and digital isn't common.

Grief.exe

Yeah, in some cases the situation is muddy. FEAR 2 is listed on the retail CD key list, for example, however GamersGate's keys won't activate. I also tried my luck with purchasing GTI Racing from the Meridian4 store the other week but, again, the key was in the wrong format.

That's weird, its listed as a Steamworks game both in Digital and Retail form.

Both the digital and retail copies on Amazon activate on Steam.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008Y218R0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The two generally overlap, though. Games having two separate key formats for retail and digital isn't common.

Damnit Jase, I edited that out :(

Do you plan on releasing a demo? It seems interesting and I'd like to try it, but to be honest I'm not a fan of the furry art style.

I can't say I'm really enjoying it as it isn't really my style of game (I'm still pushing on to hope it comes together).

However I had concerns about the art style too and for what it is worth I can say it hasn't been a problem or negative at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Found a forum thread that lists all of the games that have been removed from Steam.

I would definitely pick up Indigo Prophecy, great game. Same people are behind Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.
Indigo Prophecy is still available on GOG under the name Fahrenheit.

EDIT: emailing Quantic Dream right now.

Wolfenstein, I have heard this is a pretty solid game and worth a playthrough. Tough to find now.

Luckily, I have Riddick, but it is still available on GOG for those who don't.

Prey should be coming in the mail.

Neverwinter Nights 2 would be awesome to playthrough again, I still have the CDs actually.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3071895

Damn. I wanted to play Wolfenstein. :(

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
There's also an in-game item that aids in getting the 1,000 hit combo super easy if people just wanna play the game. Didn't have to go out of my way for that achievement.

Addnan

GRID 2 is actually a good game, sucks that it doesn't have cockpit view for those that use it, I never did in GRID. The driving feels good and not sluggish like it did in the first. Worth picking up if you enjoyed the first or just enjoy arcade racers. From the first hour of play it feels like one of the better arcade racers I have played in the last few years, counting Most Wanted, didn't like that much. I think this is better than it so far in terms of car feel.

oipic

Hiya,

Longtime lurker, finally got my account cleared.

A small welcoming gift, if anyone's interested:

A classy way to make an entrance, Knurek - welcome. :)

Your kindly-offered Pid and Cargo Commander keys seem to have been used (didn't try Ironclads), so thank you on behalf of those fortunate folks.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So Amazon has Dark Souls for sale but they don't have serial keys anymore... what are the chances of them coming back while in sale? :/

Yay Classic Xcom pack is up on amazon for $3.75.

I now has all the xcoms :)

Capture_zps0db5a6d5.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be surprised if Wolf09 returns as it would mean Acti and Bethesda agreed on a revenue split (the latter owns the Wolfenstein IP these days but the game itself was chiefly developed by Raven [Edit: and published by the former]).

Well Quake 4 came back after a while and that was in the same situation so there's still hope.

Kassu

Banned
I got -25% Waking Mars coupon from trading card crafting but apparently you can't use coupons to games when they are already discounted? Might as well delete them all since I can't think any situation where anyone would need these. But apparently I can't even do that.

But I still did bought Waking Mars since it really looks interesting and -75% is good enough discount for me. So in the end, Gabe won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom